News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Why Joe Morgan should be fired(again)  ( 30,320 )

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Why Joe Morgan should be fired(again)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »
Or maybe a better solution would be to suggest that a Denial of Service attack on ESPN for a few days could maybe send a message.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 11:16:05 AM »
I'm sure that those leather fiends at Deadspin will handle it.  They are the ones that called Cowherd out.  Well, I also remember a FJM entry about Cowherd.  

EDIT:  And they think they'll handle it, too. 

QuoteCowherd didn't know what he got himself into...you do not mess with Deadspin/sports blogs in general. If Deadspin's community can take down a giant like Paypal, then taking down a giant douchenozzlelike Cowherd is clearly attainable.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
"You do not mess with Deadspin."

Awesome.

And did they bring Paypal down through sophistry?

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »
Quote from: EG on April 06, 2007, 11:22:39 AM

Awesome.

Natch.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on April 06, 2007, 11:23:03 AM

Awesome.

Natch.

You beat me. 

Can anyone tell if they've brought Cowherd to his knees, yet?
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 11:33:02 AM »

Awesome.

Natch.

It was a race to see who did it first.  And you won!  Congrats.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »
Quote from: EG on April 06, 2007, 11:33:02 AM

Awesome.

Natch.

It was a race to see who did it first.  And you won!  Congrats.

Really, I should have let someone else have it.  I used it to start the "Good Friday" thread, but I'm just a big Positive about that phrase.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 12:03:09 PM »
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15240

Brent S. (fjm): what are your thoughts on josh hamiltons comeback story?

Joe Morgan: I think it's great that a guy can straighten his life out and try to move forward. I'm not sure baseball is the right place for that. My first thought is that he's been out of the game for three years, due to substance abuse and I worry because there were so many other players in the minor leagues at the time trying to make the big leagues and doing all the right things and he has jumped over them. No matter what we say, he's taken someone's place who was trying to get to the big leagues. I always pull for guys trying to get their lives straight, but playing in the big leagues is a privilege, not a right. As happy as I am for him, I feel bad for some player that is in the minors and doing all the right things and not get a chance in the big leagues.

Joe Morgan: All that said, let's hope that he can keep his life together this time.

Joe Morgan: Baseball has had some disappointments from players in the past that its given several chances to and it hasn't panned. Maybe he should have started in AAA to prove he deserved to be in the big leagues.

"Darius(Minneapolis): Joe, Wondering if there is a player of today who reminds you of yourself as a ballplayer

Joe Morgan: As I just pointed out, the game is different now. We're more about statistics now than anything else. Instead of saying someone reminds me of myself, I'll choose someone that I like to watch. Among the players that I love to watch at second base is Robinson Cano. But there are a lot of really good players out there in the game. "

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 12:05:26 PM »
Jon (RI): What do you think was the greatest team of all time?

Joe Morgan: I put a lot of thought into it. But I'm prejudiced. I think the 76 Reds were the best team ever. It's hard because I didn't see the 27 Yankees. But the Reds are the greatest team I ever saw. Not just because I was on the team, but they did everything right. People will say that our pitchers weren't that good, but if you look at our ERA, it is better than when the Yankees were winning their championships.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 12:43:29 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on April 06, 2007, 12:03:09 PM
"Darius(Minneapolis): Joe, Wondering if there is a player of today who reminds you of yourself as a ballplayer

Joe Morgan: As I just pointed out, the game is different now. We're more about statistics now than anything else. Instead of saying someone reminds me of myself, I'll choose someone that I like to watch. Among the players that I love to watch at second base is Robinson Cano. But there are a lot of really good players out there in the game. "

Forget statistics, winning is the most important statistic.

Quote from: BananaHands on April 06, 2007, 12:05:26 PM
Jon (RI): What do you think was the greatest team of all time?

Joe Morgan: I put a lot of thought into it. But I'm prejudiced. I think the 76 Reds were the best team ever. It's hard because I didn't see the 27 Yankees. But the Reds are the greatest team I ever saw. Not just because I was on the team, but they did everything right. People will say that our pitchers weren't that good, but if you look at our ERA, it is better than when the Yankees were winning their championships.

"Hey, Jon. Let's just forget the fact that the 27 Yankees won 110 games to the '76 Reds' 102 games. I didn't see them so I don't know if they were good...but our ERA was better so I think it's safe to say that the Reds were the best team ever."

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »
It's safe to say that Miller Huggins' 22 games each vs. the Philadelphia A's, Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Indians were nothing next to Sparky Anderson's 18 games each versus the San Diego Padres, Atlanta Braves, Houston Astros and San Francisco Giants, not to mention the 12 games each against stalwarts like the Mets, Cubs, and Expos.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
But those Reds teams did **everything right**. This is a trait that can't be compensated for or misunderstimated. And when you get everybody doing everything right all the time, you're more deserving of things, you see. If the '27 Yanks were so pristine at what they were doing, they'd have hired somebody to find a way to video record definitely a few more games so we could see if they were doing everything right or not.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a glass of milk and pray before I fold my clothes.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »
Fuck Joe Morgan it the testicles with Hamilton's old rusty heroin needle.  His stance on Hamilton is simply laughable.  He hit that one well over the Banks Boulevard of stupidity.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 01:42:37 PM »
Quote from: The Ghost of Richard Jeni on April 06, 2007, 01:30:43 PM
f@#$ Joe Morgan it the testicles with Hamilton's old rusty heroin needle.  His stance on Hamilton is simply laughable.  He hit that one well over the Banks Boulevard of stupidity.

It's not surprising that Morgan doesn't understand that Hamilton can't play in the minors for the Reds this year since he was picked in the rule V draft. Clean living advocate, Joe Morgan.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on April 06, 2007, 01:42:37 PM
Quote from: The Ghost of Richard Jeni on April 06, 2007, 01:30:43 PM
f@#$ Joe Morgan it the testicles with Hamilton's old rusty heroin needle.  His stance on Hamilton is simply laughable.  He hit that one well over the Banks Boulevard of stupidity.

It's not surprising that Morgan doesn't understand that Hamilton can't play in the minors for the Reds this year since he was picked in the rule V draft. Clean living advocate, Joe Morgan.

Do you think Joe has a similar stance on Neifi Perez keeping a more deserving player from making the bigs?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all