News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Marquis de suc defenestration thread  ( 56,278 )

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Re: Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2007, 10:58:45 AM »
Quote from: EG on July 27, 2007, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: butthead on July 27, 2007, 10:35:34 AM
This isn't like the NBA where a bad contract can hamper what a team is able to do.

Sure it is.  Look at the Jacque contract.  We overpaid for him, and now we can't even get rid of him because no one else wants to pay that contract (no one even wants to pay half of that contract).  So we're stuck with him.  And that's just a minor example.  Bigger mistakes, like the Chan Ho park deal, have put teams in binds for years.

And if you want to see a bad deal can hamper a team up close, wait until we're paying Soriano $18 million in 2014.

But we could get rid of Jock if we wanted to eat all of his contract. That is an option. If someone like Cuban buys the team (which won't happen) it wouldn't be an issue.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2007, 11:08:03 AM »
Quote from: EG on July 27, 2007, 10:53:48 AM
And if you want to see how a bad deal can hamper a team up close, wait until we're paying Soriano $18 million in 2014.

If we have won it all by then, I'll be too busy farting in silk to care.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »
Quote from: JS on July 27, 2007, 10:56:48 AM
Quote from: Kermit on July 27, 2007, 10:34:54 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 26, 2007, 10:19:13 PM
I have to admit to having this hope delusion that not only will Kerry Wood come back healthy, but he'll be so strong when he comes back that by mid-August he replaces Marquis in the rotation.

You're with me, leather Taylor.  I've been having the same fantasy.  I feel like a four-letter guy, only my fantasy doesn't end with Adam Dunn and Kent Mercker going all bukkake on me.

Well, the talk of getting Wood back is like making a big trade at the deadline has begun again. Gammons said it this morning and I have heard it a couple of other times this week.

I've heard it every year when Wood/Prior comes back. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
I have to admit to having this hope delusion that not only will Kerry Wood come back healthy, but he'll be so strong when he comes back that by mid-August he replaces Marquis in the rotation.

You're with me, leather Taylor.  I've been having the same fantasy.  I feel like a four-letter guy, only my fantasy doesn't end with Adam Dunn and Kent Mercker going all bukkake on me.

Count me in on the chimeric Japanese splash fest where Wood joins the rotation.  Never had an avatar before, but I somehow feel the need to create a collage of Ronce, Monk, Frodo, and Leon Joe.  Hell Yeah!!!

Edited for being a douche that cannot spell.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2007, 02:23:20 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on July 27, 2007, 02:07:07 PM

Count me in on the chimeric Japanese splash fest where Wood joins the rotation.  Never had an avatar before, but I somehow feel the need to create a collage of Ronce, Monk, Frodo, and Leon Joe.  Hell Yeah!!!

Do you mean Monk the fictional detective or Art Monk.  Cause one of those wouldn't make any sense.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

helloWorld

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2007, 02:32:12 PM »
Quote from: bozos72 on July 27, 2007, 02:23:20 PM

Do you mean Monk the fictional detective or Art Monk.  Cause one of those wouldn't make any sense.

Monk the fictional TV detective.  Bauer is so two years ago, now that he let a nuke blow up LA (.. oh, and since the show has decided that the shark tank over there is just itching to be jumped.  I fully expect Henry Winkler to be the Chief of Staff this season). 

Meanwhile, Monk the detective is hanging with Snoop.  And, he always gets his man.

Art Monk played football pretty well, so he would be an apple amongst my oranges.
Geovany Soto is my own personal jebus.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »
Quote from: helloWorld on July 27, 2007, 02:32:12 PM

Monk the fictional TV detective.  Bauer is so two years ago, now that he let a nuke blow up LA (.. oh, and since the show has decided that the shark tank over there is just itching to be jumped.  I fully expect Henry Winkler to be the Chief of Staff this season). 

Meanwhile, Monk the detective is hanging with Snoop.  And, he always gets his man.

Art Monk played football pretty well, so he would be an apple amongst my oranges.

They already did the Brady Bunch/Married...With Children shark-jumping that is the introduction of never-before-seen family members.  Bastards.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »

Thelonius Monk was pretty good too.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 27, 2007, 03:05:05 PM

Thelonius Monk was pretty good too.

That so doesn't make any sense.  Hell Yeah!
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
Sphere - awesome middle name.  Also, did you know that a scene from "Straight, No Chaser" is the basis for "flip ya for real" from The Usual Suspects?  Of course you did.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 27, 2007, 03:59:58 PM
Sphere - awesome middle name. 

I know. It happens to be mine, also.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »
Bump.

Adam LaRoche wins the "Who is less likely to be out of the bigs by 2010" contest by taking this peice of human excrement yard. 

To the opposite field.

With the wind howling in.

I'm starting to think I could hit this fuckmonkey.

FIRE EVERYBODY!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2008, 01:36:08 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 18, 2008, 01:32:18 PM
Bump.

Adam LaRoche wins the "Who is less likely to be out of the bigs by 2010" contest by taking this peice of human excrement yard. 

To the opposite field.

With the wind howling in.

I'm starting to think I could hit this fuckmonkey.

Bad news, good news. Bad news: he sucks ass and the Cubs are down 2-0 quickly. Good news: I figure this is his last start for a while. Lou has seen enough.

bocaj

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2008, 02:12:55 PM »
Can someone please tell Lilly that Marquis is playing around with his girl?
How can we win, when fools can be kings? Don't waste your time or time will waste you...

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2008, 04:12:12 PM »
Man, he just looks bad on the mound.  Who do they even have that can replace his spot in the rotation right now and be semi effective?