News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Iron Man  ( 19,550 )

bocaj

• Pollyellon Fan Club
Re: Iron Man
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 09, 2008, 02:54:56 PM
Quote from: Thrillho on May 09, 2008, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: Weebs on May 09, 2008, 12:37:18 PM
I'm going to defend myself with the sheer fact that I care more about my career than almost anything else at this point.  I'm entering a very, VERY competitive field and would rather have a job I enjoy when I get out of college rather than seek instant gratification in the form of slutty bitches that I couldn't tolerate for more than 5 minutes before wanting to stab them in the throat.  I guess I hold myself to slightly higher moral values.

Sexy stabbing?

(BTW, Weebs... FWIW, I'm thinking you might want to cut out this whole earnest moral values kick before you wake up one day to find your bed in the middle of the quad an NSBB "Social" thread.)

Well it's not like I'm a giant pussy.  I'm just saying I have my priorities set and I could give a crap about maintaining some sort of social standard.  If I was some freak that sat home 24 hours a day and maintained no communication with the outside world, I'd welcome open criticism.

No you wouldn't. Believe me, I'd know.
How can we win, when fools can be kings? Don't waste your time or time will waste you...

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »
This thread makes me want to read every single post in the Clusterfuck thread.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »
I'm going to defend myself with the sheer fact that I care more about my career than almost anything else at this point.  I'm entering a very, VERY competitive field and would rather have a job I enjoy when I get out of college rather than seek instant gratification in the form of slutty bitches that I couldn't tolerate for more than 5 minutes before wanting to stab them in the throat.  I guess I hold myself to slightly higher moral values.

Sexy stabbing?

(BTW, Weebs... FWIW, I'm thinking you might want to cut out this whole earnest moral values kick before you wake up one day to find your bed in the middle of the quad an NSBB "Social" thread.)

Well it's not like I'm a giant pussy.  I'm just saying I have my priorities set and I could give a crap about maintaining some sort of social standard.  If I was some freak that sat home 24 hours a day and maintained no communication with the outside world, I'd welcome open criticism.

Clearly.  That's why you post here.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
Somehow, I started this mess.  Why does it seem that I am responsible for every idiotic thread in Desipio history?
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »

Sexy stabbing?

Too late. Or if not, this is the best impression of one I have ever seen.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2008, 01:00:18 AM »
I saw this today. It was good.

It was kind of anti-climactic at the end. I had more fun watching him bash terrorists and warlords upside the dome than I did in that epic mortal showdown with The Dude. Who was being veeeeery un-Duuude if I must say so.

I like movies from the 80s better than these new fangled CGI horror shows. I saw Trading Places when I got home from the Iron Man. It had no flying robots but it had boobies. Nice, young, firm, smooth, fresh boobiliciousness. Nothing PG13 about 'em. Not by a site, ogdens.

Sure, I can oggle boobiledge on the interwebs now and I had to jerk off to HBO back then. But somehow it was better then than now. It felt dirty or something. Hard to quantify.

Boobies. Yeah. We need more of that.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:12 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 11, 2008, 01:00:18 AM
I saw this today. It was good.

It was kind of anti-climactic at the end. I had more fun watching him bash terrorists and warlords upside the dome than I did in that epic mortal showdown with The Dude. Who was being veeeeery un-Duuude if I must say so.

I like movies from the 80s better than these new fangled CGI horror shows. I saw Trading Places when I got home from the Iron Man. It had no flying robots but it had boobies. Nice, young, firm, smooth, fresh boobiliciousness. Nothing PG13 about 'em. Not by a site, ogdens.

Sure, I can oggle boobiledge on the interwebs now and I had to jerk off to HBO back then. But somehow it was better then than now. It felt dirty or something. Hard to quantify.

Boobies. Yeah. We need more of that.

I feel the same way about regular versus topless beaches...  The topless beaches are great (minus the pancake flapjack titties on old women), but it was so much greater when I could "dirtify" the girls in my mind on a regular beach.  Think you're too good to show off those fun bags?  Not in my head, whore, not in my head...

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »
Just saw it too. My only problem was having the Dude be the bad guy. I mean, he's the Dude. The Duderino. He's not no greedball arms merchant. I couldn't get that out of my mind.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2008, 01:51:57 PM »
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
If I was some freak that sat home 24 hours a day and maintained no communication with the outside world ...

Hmm.

Quotewriting an online interactive narrative, designing and scripting a single player level, writing another document for a virtual world and working on a project outside of classes creating new levels for Portal.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »
Well Iron Man was the standard introduction movie and it is pretty formula drivin. Thats just the way super hero movies are. Personally I think they pulled it off very well.

Also who isn't going to see the movie to check out how cool the Iron Man suit is? Thats the selling point of the entire movie. They just happened to put a decent movie around it. It could of turned out to be shit like the Aliens versus Predator movies. Yes the Aliens and the Predator were cool but the story sucked ass big time in both movies.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
Just got around to seeing this before it leaves the big screen for good.  Those of you who haven't seen it should do so.  It is a theater-type movie, as opposed to say, "Michael Clayton", which doesn't need a big screen.  I hadn't gotten around to it mostly because Mrs Cubbieblue resists "guy flicks" (no, not "gay") the way I resist chick flicks.  She relented yesterday and we went to "Iron Man".  She reminded me several times that I made her go see "Sex and the City" without me.   Nevertheless, as soon as the movie was over she said "OK.  You win.  That was a good movie".   The movie was good, in my opinion, because of Downey's comic timing.  His interaction with the robots was laugh out loud funny.  His curtain line was great.  I don't remember it too well, but it was something like "I am Spartacus". 
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2008, 06:42:45 AM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on June 23, 2008, 04:43:05 PM
Just got around to seeing this before it leaves the big screen for good.  Those of you who haven't seen it should do so.  It is a theater-type movie, as opposed to say, "Michael Clayton", which doesn't need a big screen.  I hadn't gotten around to it mostly because Mrs Cubbieblue resists "guy flicks" (no, not "gay") the way I resist chick flicks.  She relented yesterday and we went to "Iron Man".  She reminded me several times that I made her go see "Sex and the City" without me.   Nevertheless, as soon as the movie was over she said "OK.  You win.  That was a good movie".   The movie was good, in my opinion, because of Downey's comic timing.  His interaction with the robots was laugh out loud funny.  His curtain line was great.  I don't remember it too well, but it was something like "I am Spartacus". 

This is why you are the master, and we are all your students.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on June 24, 2008, 06:42:45 AM
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on June 23, 2008, 04:43:05 PM
Just got around to seeing this before it leaves the big screen for good.  Those of you who haven't seen it should do so.  It is a theater-type movie, as opposed to say, "Michael Clayton", which doesn't need a big screen.  I hadn't gotten around to it mostly because Mrs Cubbieblue resists "guy flicks" (no, not "gay") the way I resist chick flicks.  She relented yesterday and we went to "Iron Man".  She reminded me several times that I made her go see "Sex and the City" without me.   Nevertheless, as soon as the movie was over she said "OK.  You win.  That was a good movie".   The movie was good, in my opinion, because of Downey's comic timing.  His interaction with the robots was laugh out loud funny.  His curtain line was great.  I don't remember it too well, but it was something like "I am Spartacus". 

This is why you are the master, and we are all your students.

Ohm.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2008, 02:53:09 AM »
On Stew's advice (let's face it, if you won't listen to Stew, who will you listen to?) I went to see this last night, and I have to say, I loved it.  I'm not a comic book guy and knew nothing about Iron Man at all, which may have helped.  RDJ was exceptional, although my one beef would be that his diction occasionally leaves something to be desired.  Once or twice I found myself having to read the Dutch subtitles to figure out what he'd said.  Gwyneth Paltrow (and I'm expecting to take some flak for this) was REALLY fucking HOT, too.  I'd forgotten how good she can look.

The script was tighter than a gnat's chuff, and made me laugh out loud on several occasions, the action scenes weren't overdone and Jeff Bridges was surprisingly believable.  Good look for him, too.  The suit was, quite frankly, the dog's bollocks.  All in all - and especially considering that I saw it in a brand-new cinema - it was well worth the nine Euro.  And I had a fucking lovely fillet steak and a couple of beers before I saw it.  A winner is me.

Two thumbs up, way up.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.