News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Help a moran help others...  ( 13,348 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Help a moran help others...
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 12:29:54 AM »
Quote from: Simmer on April 08, 2009, 11:41:43 PM
I just spent the last x-number of days watching my sister dropkick a brain tumor for the 4th time.  This time, it ain't comin' back.  I will see to that. 

We were home from the hospital in time to watch the Cubs' first game of the season.  I'da liked to been here for Opening Day 2009, but considering what has gone on over the last decade, there was no finer place to have taken in that particular ball game.  Go Cubs.

That same "Go Cubs" sentiment, I pass along to all of you who fight the good fight.  May there come a day where all maladies and mishaps are made into myth.  May that day be tomorrow.

Thanks to those who have shared their stories.  You will find that in times of need, a little bit of support goes a long, long way. 

Best wishes to all!

Really happy to hear about your sister's success.  It is important for her to know that you are with her in her fight.  Tell her that we are all there as well.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 12:56:23 AM »
I support the eradication of all brain tumors.  I also additionally support those who fight steadfastly to defeat said tumors.

Best wishes.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 03:46:16 AM »
I just spent the last x-number of days watching my sister dropkick a brain tumor for the 4th time.  This time, it ain't comin' back.  I will see to that. 

We were home from the hospital in time to watch the Cubs' first game of the season.  I'da liked to been here for Opening Day 2009, but considering what has gone on over the last decade, there was no finer place to have taken in that particular ball game.  Go Cubs.

That same "Go Cubs" sentiment, I pass along to all of you who fight the good fight.  May there come a day where all maladies and mishaps are made into myth.  May that day be tomorrow.

Thanks to those who have shared their stories.  You will find that in times of need, a little bit of support goes a long, long way. 

Best wishes to all!

Pleased to hear that your sister's doing well, SD.  God bless her.

I think I've mentioned this before, but my Aunt (and Godmother) had a brain tumour in her late teens, and somebody else had to stand in for her at my christening because she was busy being given the last rites.

She's in her mid-fifties now, has her own catering business, is married thirty years and has a daughter who's just graduated from University.  She's never looked back.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 07:20:38 AM »

Best wishes to all!

Your sister is bad-ass. Make sure she knows that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 09:16:25 AM »
Attitude is huge.  Best wishes. 

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 09:42:30 AM »

Best wishes to all!

I'll second the sentiment that your sister kicks ass.  Good luck to her, Simmer.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 09, 2009, 09:42:30 AM

Best wishes to all!

I'll second the sentiment that your sister kicks ass.  Good luck to her, Simmer.

Outstanding, Simmer.  Best wishes from Cajun land.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »
Intrepid Reader:  TDubbs

This thread is ghey.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »
I feel I should contribute (I miss my days in the SB).

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2007/3/2/214640/1838

"The good news, he was spared the worst pain cancer has to offer.  The bad news, he felt the Cubs were at a turning point, at the precipice of bringing home the Big One."

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 06:50:27 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 09, 2009, 05:04:37 PM
I feel I should contribute (I miss my days in the SB).

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2007/3/2/214640/1838

"The good news, he was spared the worst pain cancer has to offer.  The bad news, he felt the Cubs were at a turning point, at the precipice of bringing home the Big One."

"deepest Arkansas" ?  I think we have a user here who would contest that shiznoize.  I'm talking the deepest of the deep.

(PS -- I was requested to personally thank the lot of you fine folks.  Your messages were relayed and heard.)
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2009, 10:02:14 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2009, 09:58:34 AM

I'm at it again.

I thought the "Beardathon" involved JOn getting married?  To a lady?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 10:03:43 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 13, 2009, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2009, 09:58:34 AM

I'm at it again.

I thought the "Beardathon" involved JOn getting married?  To a lady?

I think JOn is involved with "Merkins Of Hope".
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
Bump

Brown bag for a day, send me the $10.

That's all I ask.
TIME TO POST!