News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Ticket Thread 2010  ( 17,908 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs Ticket Thread 2010
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 08:43:38 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 12, 2010, 12:31:00 PM
Just noticed that I've got 4 for Monday's game.  7:05 start against Colorado.  $23.50 each.  Let me know via PM or the fishbowl that is this thread.  I'll be goddamned if I have to go out and watch these gutless cocksuckers myself.

One seat for you, three for your ANGER.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 13, 2010, 08:43:38 AM
Just noticed that I've got 4 for Monday's game.  7:05 start against Colorado.  $23.50 each.  Let me know via PM or the fishbowl that is this thread.  I'll be goddamned if I have to go out and watch these gutless cocksuckers myself.

These are great seats, and I would take Huey up on the offer, but... I am going to an IU alumni event and hear Tom Crean, Bill Lynch and Fred Glass talk about athletic programs with a brighter future than the Cubs.

And, no, this is not saying very much. But there is an open bar. Yay?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 08:59:35 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 13, 2010, 08:56:57 AM
Just noticed that I've got 4 for Monday's game.  7:05 start against Colorado.  $23.50 each.  Let me know via PM or the fishbowl that is this thread.  I'll be goddamned if I have to go out and watch these gutless cocksuckers myself.

These are great seats, and I would take Huey up on the offer, but... I am going to an IU alumni event and hear Tom Crean, Bill Lynch and Fred Glass talk about athletic programs with a brighter future than the Cubs.

No way. Not in Huey's most apocalyptic Santo-spittle-induced fever dream. No. Crean, I'll grant you because they're throwing assloads of money at the problem. But that football program will never win a Big Ten Title in our lifetime.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 09:26:27 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 13, 2010, 08:59:35 AM
Just noticed that I've got 4 for Monday's game.  7:05 start against Colorado.  $23.50 each.  Let me know via PM or the fishbowl that is this thread.  I'll be goddamned if I have to go out and watch these gutless cocksuckers myself.

No way. Not in Huey's most apocalyptic Santo-spittle-induced fever dream. No. Crean, I'll grant you because they're throwing assloads of money at the problem. But that football program will never win a Big Ten Title in our lifetime.

Especially after they add Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, the Cleveland Browns, the Iowa Barnstormers, and the Toronto Argonauts and become the Big Mother Fucking Conference Brought to You by Jim Delaney.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 09:34:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2010, 09:26:27 AM

Especially after they add Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, the Cleveland Browns, the Iowa Barnstormers, and the Toronto Argonauts and become the Big Mother Fucking Conference Brought to You by Jim Delaney.

The football program won't win a Big Ten title in our lifetime, or my son's lifetime, or my grandchildren's lifetimes, or in anyone else's lifetime. But they are good for a Motor City Bowl appearance sometime before 2040, no?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »

Indiana and Illinois football will drink the blood of 10th and 11th place for years to come. I hope Indiana finishes ahead of Illinois this year so we can bring in the next washed up failure of a head coach to continue the tradition of getting the least out of the kids that are dumb enough to spend their college years in Champaign.

I think I might become an Iowa fan.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 13, 2010, 10:11:49 AM

Indiana and Illinois football will drink the blood of 10th and 11th place for years to come. I hope Indiana finishes ahead of Illinois this year so we can bring in the next washed up failure of a head coach to continue the tradition of getting the least out of the kids that are dumb enough to spend their college years in Champaign.

For the first bolded part, I say I don't give two shits whether or not he's a terrible human being and if he locked Craig James son up in a closet or some bullshit, I want Mike Leach.

For the second part, I'm just going to ask a personal favor and ask that you don't. You really wanna throw yourself in there with Chuck and Dave B. and the Ghost of Dave Rosello? Do you need to re-read pages 15-29 of this and realize just what inanity that fanbase is capable of? You want alternatives to Illinois? Go outside the Big Ten-Twenty.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2010, 10:42:59 AM

For the first bolded part, I say I don't give two shits whether or not he's a terrible human being and if he locked Craig James son up in a closet or some bullshit, I want Mike Leach.

For the second part, I'm just going to ask a personal favor and ask that you don't. You really wanna throw yourself in there with Chuck and Dave B. and the Ghost of Dave Rosello? Do you need to re-read pages 15-29 of this and realize just what inanity that fanbase is capable of? You want alternatives to Illinois? Go outside the Big Ten-Twenty.

Fan of lots of passing, occasional running, and very occasional defense?  Northwestern welcomes you with open arms.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »

Go, dude.  I'm going.  We can meet up for beers and to scream at each other.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 13, 2010, 12:45:29 PM

Much as I loved to meet up for an overdue beer with you, I don't think Monday'd be good for me.   I'm already playing softball Tuesday night so back-to-back nights out is a tough pull for me.  If these gutless slapdicks weren't such gutless slapdicks, I'd probably still figure out a way to make it work but they are, so I won't.

Besides,  I'm going Saturday.  I don't want to go to that game either, but I noticed it's Build-A-Bear Workshop Day for the first 5,000 kids.  I don't even know what the hell Build-A-Bear is, but it's something I can do with my daughter so gyay.

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »
Quote from: MAD on May 13, 2010, 12:55:25 PM

Much as I loved to meet up for an overdue beer with you, I don't think Monday'd be good for me.   I'm already playing softball Tuesday night so back-to-back nights out is a tough pull for me.  If these gutless slapdicks weren't such gutless slapdicks, I'd probably still figure out a way to make it work but they are, so I won't.

Besides,  I'm going Saturday.  I don't want to go to that game either, but I noticed it's Build-A-Bear Workshop Day for the first 5,000 kids.  I don't even know what the hell Build-A-Bear is, but it's something I can do with my daughter so gyay.

How about this? Don't be such an old fuck?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on May 13, 2010, 11:24:29 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2010, 10:42:59 AM

Fan of lots of passing, occasional running, and very occasional defense?  Northwestern welcomes you with open arms.

Not to mention easy to get tickets, the best coach in town (faint praise natch), and a chance to go to Wrigley where the home team won't be a bunch of slapdicks
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:05 PM »
Quote from: MAD on May 13, 2010, 12:55:25 PM

Go, dude.  I'm going.  We can meet up for beers and to scream at each other.

Much as I loved to meet up for an overdue beer with you, I don't think Monday'd be good for me.   I'm already playing softball Tuesday night so back-to-back nights out is a tough pull for me.  If these gutless slapdicks weren't such gutless slapdicks, I'd probably still figure out a way to make it work but they are, so I won't.

Besides,  I'm going Saturday.  I don't want to go to that game either, but I noticed it's Build-A-Bear Workshop Day for the first 5,000 kids.  I don't even know what the hell Build-A-Bear is, but it's something I can do with my daughter so gyay.

My Dad and I are going Saturday. We should meet up for beers and scream at each other. We're also going to Giordano's on Belmont afterward and you're welcome to help us conquer a pie if you want.

EDIT: Saw the part where your daughter will be with you. Nevermind the beer part but if you want pizza, let's get it on.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »

Anyone got 3 for 7/17? If you've got 4 and don't want to break them up, I'll take them all.

Out-of-town relative coming in. I'd rather go to the zoo.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 16, 2010, 08:11:40 PM

Anyone got 3 for 7/17? If you've got 4 and don't want to break them up, I'll take them all.

Out-of-town relative coming in. I'd rather go to the zoo.

I can get you three for the zoo that day. Buy me a couple beers and a dog and we'll call it even.