News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 63,093 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Know this: Viktor Stalberg is a pussy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
DAT MARTY TURCOLU COST DA HAWKS DA GAME HAD IT IN HIS GLOVE AND DROPPED IN OT NEVER SHOULDA LET NIEMY GO!!! S
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Detroit is up 1 with just more than 7:30 left... Guess it is time to say it...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

How much do the Hawks miss Brian Campbell?

Niklas Hjalmarsson has been on ice for all 7 goals against.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on October 10, 2010, 07:33:24 PM

The defenseman problem is a real...problem. I expect to see Scott in a suit during one of the next couple games.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 10, 2010, 07:51:00 PM

The defenseman problem is a real...problem. I expect to see Scott in a suit during one of the next couple games.

I gotta say, it does neither Leddy or the Hawks any good for him to be playing 10 minutes a night on the 3rd pair with John Scott.  Get him back to the AHL if that's going to be the case.

If this keeps up, I think Q's going to have to give up his security blanket and split up Seabrook and Keith.  While it's great to have a kickass pairing like that, it might be better at this point to play Hjammer with Keith and Seabrook with Leddy (assuming he's still with the big club). 

Also, it's a complete fucking waste to play Marian Hossa at the point on the power play. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on October 10, 2010, 09:58:19 PM

I gotta say, it does neither Leddy or the Hawks any good for him to be playing 10 minutes a night on the 3rd pair with John Scott.  Get him back to the AHL if that's going to be the case.

If this keeps up, I think Q's going to have to give up his security blanket and split up Seabrook and Keith.  While it's great to have a kickass pairing like that, it might be better at this point to play Hjammer with Keith and Seabrook with Leddy (assuming he's still with the big club). 

Also, it's a complete fucking waste to play Marian Hossa at the point on the power play. 

Also, it's a complete fucking waste to play Tomas Kopecky on the first line with Hossa and Toews.
TIME TO POST!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on October 11, 2010, 07:40:41 AM

Also, it's a complete fucking waste to play Tomas Kopecky on the first line with Hossa and Toews.

How long will Q tolerate such bullshit?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

It's a horrible experiment which needs to end immediately.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I was actually at the Rockford game yesterday and have a big iceboner about this team's future'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on October 11, 2010, 09:08:43 AM

I was actually at the Rockford game yesterday and have a big iceboner about this team's future'd.

Do they get a decent crowd up there? I'd think any Hawk fan living in Rockford would have season tickets. I probably would - however if I was forced to live in Rockford I would throw myself into an oncoming AIDS Bus.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 11, 2010, 09:59:07 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 11, 2010, 09:08:43 AM

I gotta say, it does neither Leddy or the Hawks any good for him to be playing 10 minutes a night on the 3rd pair with John Scott.  Get him back to the AHL if that's going to be the case.

If this keeps up, I think Q's going to have to give up his security blanket and split up Seabrook and Keith.  While it's great to have a kickass pairing like that, it might be better at this point to play Hjammer with Keith and Seabrook with Leddy (assuming he's still with the big club).  

Do they get a decent crowd up there? I'd think any Hawk fan living in Rockford would have season tickets. I probably would - however if I was forced to live in Rockford I would throw myself into an oncoming AIDS Bus.

Rockford is....uninspiring.

Attendance yesterday was something like 4,600.  My brother-in-law--who's a hockey freak and lives in nearby Belividere--said he's seen plenty of bigger crowds last year, which is supririsng when you consider that they had the Stanley Cup on display for all of those Winnebago and Boone County rubes to stand and line and take their picture with.  I elected against that because I wanted to see Kyle Beach murder someone (Beach actually played well, helping out on one shift with a sweet screen after fighting hard to keep the puck in on the same sequence).

As an aside, we got pulled over, heading to the game, about 5 miles from the Metro Center.  The Rockford cop let me off (a rarity), telling me that he had stopped 4 Blackhawks and 2 other employees of the team earlier.  He told us he had pulled over Stan Bowman, but that he let him off with an autograph.  By chance, later, when we were at the game, my brother bumped into Stan Bowman and told him what happened, to which they both laughed at all of us being speeding Chicago assholes trying to get in and out of that forsaken town as quickly as possible.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Good on me - I called it. Scott is probably out tonight.

Crawford is getting a start.

I don't like the Hawks chances in Buffalo even though the Sabres were recently horsewhipped by the shitty Rangers on Saturday by a 6-3 score. Buffalo's never an easy place to try and get off the schnide. If the Hawks drop this game maybe the bandwagon will empty a little more.

I feel like the Hawks are everyone's New Year's Resolution - they're into it now but once the dog days of Winter arrive no one's going to be paying that close attention until the playoffs are nigh.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 11, 2010, 11:00:00 AM
Good on me - I called it. Scott is probably out tonight.

Crawford is getting a start.

I don't like the Hawks chances in Buffalo even though the Sabres were recently horsewhipped by the shitty Rangers on Saturday by a 6-3 score. Buffalo's never an easy place to try and get off the schnide. If the Hawks drop this game maybe the bandwagon will empty a little more.

I feel like the Hawks are everyone's New Year's Resolution - they're into it now but once the dog days of Winter arrive no one's going to be paying that close attention until the playoffs are nigh.

I'm in it to win it because that's what I do. When I love a a shitty or frustratingly not great team I will hurl some verbal abuse and swear I'm done but I'll be there watching regardless, come hell or Jeff Baker. With the Hawks, I don't really know what I'm yelling about so I'll leave the verbal abuse to you and drink my beer. That way, when people tell me I'm a bandwagon fan, I'll show them my tattoo that says "2010-11 Never Forget."

And hell, Purdue basketball starts up soon so the winter won't be a total bust.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Scott is actually playing after all. Fuck.