News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kerry Wood Spoogefest Redux  ( 16,169 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Kerry Wood Spoogefest Redux
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:26:05 AM »
I found the original but replies were no longer allowed. Since I don't want to spend the morning arguing with Louisanatards on IAN's facebook, I happened to see Kerry Wood strikeout the side for the Yankees yesterday.

Does anyone else fully realize that Kerry Wood may finally get a ring? I don't hate the Yankees at all but for those of you who do, I'd hope you'd put the hatred aside and lend your begrudging support to see Kerry get himself a championship. The man deserves it. May he strikeout every batter he faces for the rest of the year.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Kerry Wood Spoogefest Redux
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:43:01 AM »
I hope he gets one but I'm sick and fucking tired of rooting for former Cubs to win a ring.

Just once I'd like to see current Cubs win one.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 02, 2010, 08:26:05 AM
I found the original but replies were no longer allowed. Since I don't want to spend the morning arguing with Louisanatards on IAN's facebook, I happened to see Kerry Wood strikeout the side for the Yankees yesterday.

Does anyone else fully realize that Kerry Wood may finally get a ring? I don't hate the Yankees at all but for those of you who do, I'd hope you'd put the hatred aside and lend your begrudging support to see Kerry get himself a championship. The man deserves it. May he strikeout every batter he faces for the rest of the year.

Since PawPawIAN loved the Yankees and would faithfully listen to them on his soundbox machine back in the day, I really can't hate them.  I love Kerry Wood with every bit of my swamp heart and I hope he gets a ring.

PS, McDonald's breakfast is bad for you and you should be ashamed.  That chick is Asian and hot.  She wins.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »
I don't hate the Yankees.  I'm jealous the Cubs aren't more like them, but I don't hate them.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 02, 2010, 08:49:31 AM
I don't hate the Yankees.  I'm jealous the Cubs aren't more like them, but I don't hate them.

Pretty much how I feel.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »

THIS. In my younger, more meathead days, I got angry at them for "Not doing things the right way" and for "buying their way to a championship." Then I got older and realized that this is capitalism, that everyone buys their way to a championship, that the Cubs have the resources to do it, and that I'm just pissed that they don't.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 08:55:34 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 02, 2010, 08:53:41 AM

Pretty much how I feel.

Yankee fans are insufferable choads.

Think TDubbs on steroids.

OK, on MORE steroids then.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 02, 2010, 08:55:34 AM

Pretty much how I feel.

TDubbs gets it. You lived in NY. The Dodgers left. Get over it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 02, 2010, 09:02:11 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 02, 2010, 08:55:34 AM

Pretty much how I feel.

TDubbs gets it. You lived in NY. The Dodgers left. Get over it.

Geography doesn't matter. The next Yankee hat I see that doesn't have a douchebag under it will be the first.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »
This is the one time I think we are allowed to "like another team for the rest of the season". Kerry was a fucking beast. He may have been hurt a lot but he was a badass, and gave me serious boners so many times.

*pops in tape of 20 strikeout game*

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:40 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 02, 2010, 09:09:37 AM
This is the one time I think we are allowed to "like another team for the rest of the season". Kerry was a fucking beast. He may have been hurt a lot but he was a badass, and gave me serious boners so many times.

*pops in tape of 20 strikeout game* *gets lube and a box of Kleenex.*

I can read your code, you rouge.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 02, 2010, 09:04:05 AM
Geography doesn't matter. The next Yankee hat I see that doesn't have a douchebag under it will be the first.

Oh yeah?  What about ...

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
By the looks of the inning of work yesterday Mariano's already given Kerry a look at his chemistry set and Kid K liked what he saw. I texted my sister's Yankee fan boyfriend about that yesterday and he got asshurt that I insinuated that Mariano was/is on the juice. I'm a bout 1 percent sure that he wasn't/isn't and could give a flying fuck either way. I've always liked the Yankees because they tend to beat the shit out of teams I hate, like the Braves. Go Yanks.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
So that's it?  Now we are Yankee fans?  Never!  I'd sooner root for the White Sox.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 02, 2010, 09:56:16 AM
So that's it?  Now we are Yankee fans?  Never!  I'd sooner root for the White Sox.

You do what you gotta do, Stone Pony.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.