News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kerry Wood Spoogefest Redux  ( 16,175 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kerry Wood Spoogefest Redux
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:32 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 01, 2010, 10:17:48 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 01, 2010, 09:18:56 AM
Quote from: smg on October 01, 2010, 09:13:25 AM
Dudes, it was a three run homer.

For those who haven't paid attention, Kerry's ERA is now 3.00, down from something like 7 when he was traded.  His Yankkes ERA is something like .35.  And I don't think there have been any inherited runners scoring either. 

Kerry is the fucking man.

HGH is a helluva drug.

WATCH YO MOUF

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »

For those who haven't paid attention, Kerry's ERA is now 3.00, down from something like 7 when he was traded.  His Yankkes ERA is something like .35.  And I don't think there have been any inherited runners scoring either.  

HGH is a helluva drug.

Is this the part of Desipio where Apex lashes out in blind fury at everyone who still likes an ex-Cub and generally wishes said ex-Cub well in situations where his well-being has no effect on the current Cubs?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

For those who haven't paid attention, Kerry's ERA is now 3.00, down from something like 7 when he was traded.  His Yankkes ERA is something like .35.  And I don't think there have been any inherited runners scoring either. 

HGH is a helluva drug.

You, sir, are literally worse than Hitler.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »
Hating Kerry Wood is like hating pizza and puppies and the laughter of children.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 01, 2010, 11:54:22 AM
Hating Kerry Wood is like hating pizza and puppies and the laughter of children.

Or hating Greg Maddux.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 01, 2010, 11:55:26 AM

Or hating Greg Maddux.

But what kind of a buffoon would do that?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 01, 2010, 11:56:28 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 01, 2010, 11:55:26 AM

Or hating Greg Maddux.

But what kind of a buffoon would do that?

A very asshurt one.

Fuck anyone who doesn't root for Kerry Wood.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »
I don't get it. I love Kerry Wood. I don't care how he all of a sudden got good again. I've always believed that Mariano was getting some help because he's throwing bullets every October when everybody else's bullpen is on the brink of disaster. I'm not saying that Brad Lidge could get on the juice and throw like Rivera but there are certain feats that just don't add up to me unless a guy's getting a little sump'm sump'm. Unlike most people, I'm not all that surprised or upset when I find out what's been going on.

That's sports, dude. Deal with it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 01, 2010, 12:21:21 PM
I don't get it. I love Kerry Wood. I don't care how he all of a sudden got good again.

Couldn't it just possibly be pitching on a competitive team on a regular basis, rather than being trotted out as a closer for a team that never wins every 8 days or so?  Plus, recovering from a couple of injuries?  We don't have the Cubs to root for, I haven't watched an inning of baseball in 6 weeks, can't we just have this?

Speaking of which: is it morally justifiable to teach my son to root for the Cubs?  I'm really not sure at this point.  Not that there will be any stopping my dad from passing that along.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
Quote from: smg on October 01, 2010, 12:25:29 PM
I don't get it. I love Kerry Wood. I don't care how he all of a sudden got good again.

Couldn't it just possibly be pitching on a competitive team on a regular basis, rather than being trotted out as a closer for a team that never wins every 8 days or so?  Plus, recovering from a couple of injuries?  We don't have the Cubs to root for, I haven't watched an inning of baseball in 6 weeks, can't we just have this?

Speaking of which: is it morally justifiable to teach my son to root for the Cubs?  I'm really not sure at this point.  Not that there will be any stopping my dad from passing that along.

All those things you mentioned coupled with HGH are very possible explanations. But how is pitching more often, in more stressful situations supposed to help one recover from injuries? I'm just saying. I'm going to enjoy this too but you have to at least assume that something untoward is going on.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »

Couldn't it just possibly be pitching on a competitive team on a regular basis, rather than being trotted out as a closer for a team that never wins every 8 days or so?  Plus, recovering from a couple of injuries?  We don't have the Cubs to root for, I haven't watched an inning of baseball in 6 weeks, can't we just have this?

Speaking of which: is it morally justifiable to teach my son to root for the Cubs?  I'm really not sure at this point.  Not that there will be any stopping my dad from passing that along.

Kerry Lee would be a great name for said child

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 01, 2010, 12:28:56 PM

Kerry Lee would be a great name for said child

Kerry Wood can pull off a name like Kerry Lee.  Considering that my son is related to me, I think there's an excellent chance that a name that makes Casey look exceedingly masculine is not the right choice for him.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
Whoa!  Did smg pop?

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 01, 2010, 12:35:01 PM
Whoa!  Did smg pop?

Um, no, not for another 11 weeks.  I appreciate the vivid terminology, though.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »

Doesn't matter, kid is screwed - he's a Cubs fan.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"