News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 College Football  ( 65,475 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 College Football
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 30, 2010, 11:18:04 AM
Well, as long as we're talking 2010 College Football...

New Richmond QB and former USC Trojan Aaron Corp, said Richmond's level of play was comparable to U.S.C.'s.

The thought of this douchecaboose riding a scooter around our small, serene wooded campus makes me want to go punch Matt Leinart.

By all means, please do.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 30, 2010, 11:40:40 AM

New Richmond QB and former USC Trojan Aaron Corp, said Richmond's level of play was comparable to U.S.C.'s.

The thought of this douchecaboose riding a scooter around our small, serene wooded campus makes me want to go punch Matt Leinart.

By all means, please do.

Who really needs a reason to punch Matt Leinart?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on August 30, 2010, 03:17:46 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 30, 2010, 11:40:40 AM

By all means, please do.

Who really needs a reason to punch Matt Leinart?

His mom.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »
QuoteThe Big Ten Conference will announce football division alignments, beginning with the 2011 season, tonight at 7 p.m. ET, the league said in a press release.

Andy Katz of ESPN reports multiple sources have identified the new divisions as: Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern and Minnesota in one division and Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana and Illinois in the other.

Sources also say the divisions were decided upon Monday. Preserving traditional rivalries such as Michigan-Michigan State, Iowa-Minnesota, Purdue-Indiana and Indiana-Illinois were key concerns, Katz reports.

In men's basketball, the sources tell the network the Big Ten will play a 16-game conference schedule, with teams playing the others in their division twice and the teams in the other division once.

Dennis Dodd of CBS has conflicting information, reporting via Twitter: "Latest BREAKING rumor: Mich, OSU in same division. Game moved to earlier in the season."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »
Nebraska/Iowa will turn into a pretty big rivalry pretty quickly, I'm-a-thinkin'
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 01, 2010, 03:30:38 PM
Nebraska/Iowa will turn into a pretty big rivalry pretty quickly, I'm-a-thinkin'

Pretty much and it won't be pretty either.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »
What will the cross-over rivalries be?  Guesses here:

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

And two who cares between Minnesota, Michigan State and Indiana, Purdue.

Ohio State gets off easy.  Penn State is weaker (at least until JoePa retires).  Perennial cream puffs in Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.  And if Michigan keeps it's head up it's ass, there's another win.  OSU is looking at 4 or 5 conference wins easily every year for the foreseeable future.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 01, 2010, 04:50:34 PM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

Ohio State gets off easy.  Penn State is weaker (at least until JoePa retires).  Perennial cream puffs in Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.  And if Michigan keeps it's head up it's ass, there's another win.  OSU is looking at 4 or 5 conference wins easily every year for the foreseeable future.

Purdue may not be a national power or anything but they're not a perennial creampuff either. They're quite often top half of the Big Ten. Even last year, a shit year, they finished 4-4 in the conference and knocked off both Michigan and Ohio State. So suck my fuckin dick.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 01, 2010, 04:58:47 PM
Purdue may not be a national power or anything but they're not a perennial creampuff either. They're quite often top half of the Big Ten. Even last year, a shit year, they finished 4-4 in the conference and knocked off both Michigan and Ohio State. So suck my fuckin dick.

While the OSU win was nice, beating a shitty Michigan team by 2 points in not something to crow about.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 01, 2010, 05:03:44 PM

While the OSU win was nice, beating a shitty Michigan team by 2 points in not something to crow about.

A road win is a road win. Go straight to hell.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 05:25:17 PM »

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

Someday Apex will be telling his grandbabies all about the year Purdue went 4-4 in conference, it was so awesome you guys.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »
What will the cross-over rivalries be?  Guesses here:

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

Ohio State gets off easy.  Penn State is weaker (at least until JoePa retires).  Perennial cream puffs in Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.  And if Michigan keeps it's head up it's ass, there's another win.  OSU is looking at 4 or 5 conference wins easily every year for the foreseeable future.

Really? Penn State, which has averaged 10 wins a year over the last five years and has had back to back 11 win seasons, is weak? Are you just saying this because they've lost to Iowa twice? I'd kill for Illinois to be so weak as to lose 4 games in two years. Indiana and Illinois are perennial creampuffs, I'll grant that, but Apex's homerism aside, I don't think Purdue's average finish of 5th in an 11 team league over the last ten years makes them "creampuffy."
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 01, 2010, 05:39:53 PM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

Ohio State gets off easy.  Penn State is weaker (at least until JoePa retires).  Perennial cream puffs in Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.  And if Michigan keeps it's head up it's ass, there's another win.  OSU is looking at 4 or 5 conference wins easily every year for the foreseeable future.

Really? Penn State, which has averaged 10 wins a year over the last five years and has had back to back 11 win seasons, is weak? Are you just saying this because they've lost to Iowa twice? I'd kill for Illinois to be so weak as to lose 4 games in two years. Indiana and Illinois are perennial creampuffs, I'll grant that, but Apex's homerism aside, I don't think Purdue's average finish of 5th in an 11 team league over the last ten years makes them "creampuffy."

*scowls, paces menacingly*

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

De-astigmatismed.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 01, 2010, 05:47:08 PM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

De-astigmatismed.

Weaker than what, exactly? A 12 win team? A team that's won three of the last 5 conference championships rather than two? Or been to three BCS bowl games rather than two? You've got some ridiculously fucking high standards for excellence if Penn State somehow fails to make the grade.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015