News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 College Football  ( 65,531 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 College Football
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 01, 2010, 06:18:22 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 01, 2010, 05:55:13 PM
Quote from: Night Man on September 01, 2010, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 01, 2010, 04:58:47 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 01, 2010, 04:50:34 PM
What will the cross-over rivalries be?  Guesses here:

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

And two who cares between Minnesota, Michigan State and Indiana, Purdue.

Ohio State gets off easy.  Penn State is weaker (at least until JoePa retires).  Perennial cream puffs in Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.  And if Michigan keeps it's head up it's ass, there's another win.  OSU is looking at 4 or 5 conference wins easily every year for the foreseeable future.

Purdue may not be a national power or anything but they're not a perennial creampuff either. They're quite often top half of the Big Ten. Even last year, a shit year, they finished 4-4 in the conference and knocked off both Michigan and Ohio State. So suck my fuckin dick.

Someday Apex will be telling his grandbabies all about the year Purdue went 4-4 in conference, it was so awesome you guys.

You could tell your grandbabies about your four posts that didn't suck elephant scrotum and you'd be lying out your wrinkled, flaming ass. If you're going to go all TDubbs on my posts all the time, why don't you at least read them first so you don't come off like a less-funny, inconsequential Chuck? I just said that last year was a "shit year" for Purdue. They finished 5-7 under a new head coach and fumble fucked away a game against Northwestern of all teams. Purdue is 57-47 in conference play since Joe Tiller took over 1997 but I guess that's a fucking cream puff.

For someone so fucking stupid, you sure went to an expensive university. Eat shit.

I knew my post had a high probability of leading to butthurtedness, but I wasn't even expecting that.  I appreciate the lesson, but there's this thing that fans of opposing sports teams like to do, and it's called giving each other crap about their team.  It can be fun.  Give it a try some time.  This started months ago. You would say something, I would answer, we were so carefree then.  Memories.

I'm sorry for acting like a common Kurt. You're ok. I was having a shit day and decided to vent on the interwebs. You can hate me if you want. It's all good. I'll just act like something something or something. You wanted a reaction and I gave you one. It was over the top sure. But hopefully it ends here.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2010, 09:50:18 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 01, 2010, 09:06:10 PM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

Ohio State gets off easy.  Penn State is weaker (at least until JoePa retires).  Perennial cream puffs in Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.  And if Michigan keeps it's head up it's ass, there's another win.  OSU is looking at 4 or 5 conference wins easily every year for the foreseeable future.

Purdue may not be a national power or anything but they're not a perennial creampuff either. They're quite often top half of the Big Ten. Even last year, a shit year, they finished 4-4 in the conference and knocked off both Michigan and Ohio State. So suck my fuckin dick.

Someday Apex will be telling his grandbabies all about the year Purdue went 4-4 in conference, it was so awesome you guys.

You could tell your grandbabies about your four posts that didn't suck elephant scrotum and you'd be lying out your wrinkled, flaming ass. If you're going to go all TDubbs on my posts all the time, why don't you at least read them first so you don't come off like a less-funny, inconsequential Chuck? I just said that last year was a "shit year" for Purdue. They finished 5-7 under a new head coach and fumble fucked away a game against Northwestern of all teams. Purdue is 57-47 in conference play since Joe Tiller took over 1997 but I guess that's a fucking cream puff.

For someone so fucking stupid, you sure went to an expensive university. Eat shit.

I knew my post had a high probability of leading to butthurtedness, but I wasn't even expecting that.  I appreciate the lesson, but there's this thing that fans of opposing sports teams like to do, and it's called giving each other crap about their team.  It can be fun.  Give it a try some time.  This started months ago. You would say something, I would answer, we were so carefree then.  Memories.

I'm sorry for acting like a common Kurt. You're ok. I was having a shit day and decided to vent on the interwebs. You can hate me if you want. It's all good. I'll just act like something something or something. You wanted a reaction and I gave you one. It was over the top sure. But hopefully it ends here.

It's over for now. Just wait until Night Man starts talkin mess about IUPUI.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:11 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 01, 2010, 09:50:18 PM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

It's over for now. Just wait until Night Man starts talkin mess about IUPUI.

I'll fucking find his ass.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »
Well, it appears that Iowa-Wisconsin every year would put two much stress on two of the top tier programs.  So, they gave Iowa the chance to beat Purdue every year.

No grand conspiracy here.

At least against Iowa.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

Sorry to hear that, I hope tomorrow is better.  No jokes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 02, 2010, 12:58:58 AM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

It will be. *extends arms for (shirtless) hug*

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2010, 05:23:54 AM »

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

pussy
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2010, 08:22:44 AM »

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

If you *really* want to get Apex riled, tell him about how overrated Patrick Ewing is.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:07 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 02, 2010, 08:22:44 AM

Michigan-Ohio State
Iowa-Wisconsin
Illinois-Northwestern
Nebraska-Penn State

If you *really* want to get Apex riled, tell him about how overrated Patrick Ewing is.

Deep down, Apex already knows.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
Bears-Vikings tonight!

UCA Bears vs. some team that has a Viking for a mascot, that is.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:06 PM »
Dave Wannstedt has yet to play to win a game in his coaching career.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:54 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 02, 2010, 11:30:06 PM

Huh?

Anywho, I felt sorry for the Pitt kicker after the second one. I could tell he was quite pissed until he noticed that a timeout was called. That must have been a rollercoaster ride for the kid. I did want Utah to win so I was happy. I enjoyed the game. Much better than watching Dan LeFevour and the Bears on the worst "HD" feed known to man.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2010, 09:01:31 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 03, 2010, 08:43:54 AM

Huh?

Anywho, I felt sorry for the Pitt kicker after the second one. I could tell he was quite pissed until he noticed that a timeout was called. That must have been a rollercoaster ride for the kid. I did want Utah to win so I was happy. I enjoyed the game. Much better than watching Dan LeFevour and the Bears on the worst "HD" feed known to man.

The ESPN feed of the South Cackalacka game wasn't much better.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 03, 2010, 08:43:54 AM

Huh?

The 3rd down call at the end of regulation, playing it "safe" and running the ball, instead of throwing a fade or taking a shot at the back of the end zone and letting one of the big guys go up and get it.  Wanny never has played to blow teams out or win by a wide margin.  He only plays to be in a close game.  He wasn't even good at that in the NFL.  But to win in college, offense matters a lot more than defense.  If the other team is good, you can win a shootout...and if they aren't, you don't risk losing because it's a blowout.

Wanny plays for the close game...and/or not to lose, which is why his teams inexcusably lose close games like last night or blow big leads when they get em like they did to Cincy last year.  He's a good recruiter, but an epically fucking shitty coach and football strategerist.

I'm convinced he's only coached games to be close or not to lose.  He's not once actually coached a game to win.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!