News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 College Football  ( 65,623 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 College Football
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »
And how about Ryan Mallett's massive armcock? This guy is the shit.

Unlike Jake Locker - who is just shit.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2010, 01:12:34 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 18, 2010, 11:14:23 PM
Mark Dantonio has brass fucking balls.

And a weak heart
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2010, 05:50:24 PM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2010, 08:23:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 19, 2010, 10:49:49 AM

ARMCOCKANSAS! But yeah, he's the balls. He needs to tone it down a notch and let Andrew Luck either take the top spot or hope that Locker can improve, because one of them needs to be the sacrificial lamb at the #1 spot. Mallett deserves better than Buffalo.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2010, 08:23:42 AM

ARMCOCKANSAS! But yeah, he's the balls. He needs to tone it down a notch and let Andrew Luck either take the top spot or hope that Locker can improve, because one of them needs to be the sacrificial lamb at the #1 spot. Mallett deserves better than Buffalo.

Everyone deserves better than Buffalo.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2010, 08:48:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2010, 08:23:42 AM

Everyone deserves better than Buffalo.

Ehh. They'll probably just draft another runningback they don't need and wonder why they don't automatically score points despite a shitty o-line, a shitty quarterback, a shitty head coach, and shitty receivers.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 18, 2010, 12:35:00 PM
I am very impressed by the Illini thus far, especially against as decent of a team as Northern Illinois is.

More Mikel Leshoure please.

Leshoure runs damn hard, I will say that for him.

I'm going to buy futures in Christian Ponder as the best NFL QB in this bunch...with Luck being right behind him.  Locker's mechanics bother me...and Mallett just reminds me a bit too much of Ryan Leaf to have any confidence about what he will turn out to be.  Besides the public intoxication thing, there's some other stuff out there that would trouble me if I were a GM.

The other guy I remain intrigued by is Colin Kaepernick.   The cat is listed at 6'6"...and so while he throws from a low slot, I don't know if he has to be quite as mechanically perfect as a 6'3" or 6'4" guy who would just sit back in the pocket.   His arm and sick speed would be damn intriguing to me as a GM if I thought I could improve his mechanics and maybe speed up his release a little.   I'm not saying he's a first rounder...but he might be worth a fourth-round flier.  He can probably keep himself busy returning kicks or playing slot in the interim.

As far as pure skill, this should be a very good QB class.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:41 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on September 20, 2010, 11:58:24 AM
I am very impressed by the Illini thus far, especially against as decent of a team as Northern Illinois is.

I'm going to buy futures in Christian Ponder as the best NFL QB in this bunch...with Luck being right behind him.  Locker's mechanics bother me...and Mallett just reminds me a bit too much of Ryan Leaf to have any confidence about what he will turn out to be.  Besides the public intoxication thing, there's some other stuff out there that would trouble me if I were a GM.

The other guy I remain intrigued by is Colin Kaepernick.   The cat is listed at 6'6"...and so while he throws from a low slot, I don't know if he has to be quite as mechanically perfect as a 6'3" or 6'4" guy who would just sit back in the pocket.   His arm and sick speed would be damn intriguing to me as a GM if I thought I could improve his mechanics and maybe speed up his release a little.   I'm not saying he's a first rounder...but he might be worth a fourth-round flier.  He can probably keep himself busy returning kicks or playing slot in the interim.

Mallett got a drinking ticket in college, so he's Ryan Leaf. What else about him troubles you? His transfer from Michigan? I can't imagine why a 6'8'' pure pocket passer would refuse to stay there and sit the bench in a spread-option offense.

Ponder is a nice prospect, but his effort against Oklahoma was barely better than Locker's miserable outing against Nebraska. Locker has the best pure skills of anyone in this draft, but he played in a Wing T in high school and is in only his second year in a pro-style offense. He's worth taking, but he'll need a year or two.

Luck would probably be the one the scouts would have the fewest questions about, but his upside isn't as high as Mallett's. Mallett is far, far more accurate than Leaf ever was in college and is way less turnover prone than Ponder, Luck, or Locker, and Petrino's offense is closer to an NFL offense than anything the others have run.

Kaepernick has put up those numbers in the pistol while playing against WAC opponents. I've never been all that impressed with his pro-possibilities. Jeff Rowe drew some buzz when he was at Nevada as well, but he quickly disappeared once he got to an NFL training camp.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
Mallett just reminds me a bit too much of Ryan Leaf to have any confidence about what he will turn out to be.  Besides the public intoxication thing, there's some other stuff out there that would trouble me if I were a GM.

I suppose 6' 7"/238 lb. QBs with trobbing armcocks basically grow on trees.

Armcock trees aside, though, is he at least good enough to be on your list of players you would get near with Joe Francis' cock? Or does this whole 'drinking alcohol' thing entail an automatic demotion?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2010, 12:05:41 PM

Mallett got a drinking ticket in college, so he's Ryan Leaf. What else about him troubles you? His transfer from Michigan? I can't imagine why a 6'8'' pure pocket passer would refuse to stay there and sit the bench in a spread-option offense.

Ponder is a nice prospect, but his effort against Oklahoma was barely better than Locker's miserable outing against Nebraska. Locker has the best pure skills of anyone in this draft, but he played in a Wing T in high school and is in only his second year in a pro-style offense. He's worth taking, but he'll need a year or two.

Luck would probably be the one the scouts would have the fewest questions about, but his upside isn't as high as Mallett's. Mallett is far, far more accurate than Leaf ever was in college and is way less turnover prone than Ponder, Luck, or Locker, and Petrino's offense is closer to an NFL offense than anything the others have run.

Kaepernick has put up those numbers in the pistol while playing against WAC opponents. I've never been all that impressed with his pro-possibilities. Jeff Rowe drew some buzz when he was at Nevada as well, but he quickly disappeared once he got to an NFL training camp.

This doesn't tell me what to think about the Illini.

Tell me what I need to know before I go to the Illinois - Ohio State game, please?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 20, 2010, 01:28:31 PM

Tell me what I need to know before I go to the Illinois - Ohio State game, please?

2-1... That's 8-4. BOWL GAME

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2010, 03:25:02 PM »

....You can comfort yourself after the blow out by claiming the refs favored Ohio State. 'Cuz they totally do, man.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2010, 03:25:02 PM

....You can comfort yourself after the blow out by claiming the refs favored Ohio State. 'Cuz they totally do, man.

Yes, that is going to be the difference in that game. I'll tell myself this when it's 48-0 at halftime.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2010, 03:38:01 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2010, 03:32:10 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2010, 03:25:02 PM

Yes, that is going to be the difference in that game. I'll tell myself this when it's 48-0 at halftime.

The system works.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2010, 09:27:57 PM »

I'll be there suffering through the blowout as well. So there's that.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.