News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 College Football  ( 65,655 )

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2010 College Football
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 20, 2010, 12:35:57 PM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on September 20, 2010, 11:58:24 AM
Mallett just reminds me a bit too much of Ryan Leaf to have any confidence about what he will turn out to be.  Besides the public intoxication thing, there's some other stuff out there that would trouble me if I were a GM.

I suppose 6' 7"/238 lb. QBs with trobbing armcocks basically grow on trees.

Armcock trees aside, though, is he at least good enough to be on your list of players you would get near with Joe Francis' cock? Or does this whole 'drinking alcohol' thing entail an automatic demotion?

Holy shit, no horse is ever dead enough for you, is it?

As far as my remark about Mallett...not much secret that he was a complete screw-off when he was at Michigan.  If I were a GM right now (2 games into his Junior season), I'd have some reservations about him if this were a conversation about my franchise QB.  It's the same type of thing that was being said about not just Leaf, but well published about JaMarcus Russell during their time in college. 

I'll sacrifice a little arm to have a more certainty upstairs.  You can choose to do otherwise in your interwebz NFL GM role.  If he has a Miguel Cabrera type season in the NFL at some point, I'll eat more crow.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on September 21, 2010, 07:36:31 PM
Mallett just reminds me a bit too much of Ryan Leaf to have any confidence about what he will turn out to be.  Besides the public intoxication thing, there's some other stuff out there that would trouble me if I were a GM.

Armcock trees aside, though, is he at least good enough to be on your list of players you would get near with Joe Francis' cock? Or does this whole 'drinking alcohol' thing entail an automatic demotion?

No, sir.

Honestly, I don't really give two shits about college football.

I mostly just enjoy dredging up old bullshit that new bullshit reminds me of (and was additionally curious about whether you're some sort of teetotaler or something).
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on September 21, 2010, 07:36:31 PM

As far as my remark about Mallett...not much secret that he was a complete screw-off when he was at Michigan.  If I were a GM right now (2 games into his Junior season), I'd have some reservations about him if this were a conversation about my franchise QB.  It's the same type of thing that was being said about not just Leaf, but well published about JaMarcus Russell during their time in college. 

I'll sacrifice a little arm to have a more certainty upstairs.  You can choose to do otherwise in your interwebz NFL GM role.  If he has a Miguel Cabrera type season in the NFL at some point, I'll eat more crow.

I'm going to need some kind of link or something about this alleged screw-off and his screw off behavior at Michigan. Because I'll certainly base my imaginary #1 overall pick on what he did as an 18 year old back up. Or maybe I'll base it on the fact that his completion percentage has skyrocketed with his experience, his arm is ungodly, and unlike the wildly emotional and easily flapped Ryan Leaf, Mallett is praised over and over for his composure and cool in the pocket. He's nothing like Leaf. Leaf's completion percentage in college was 53%. He was never, ever, no matter how god damn immature or mature he was, going to be accurate enough to survive in the NFL. Mallett has raised his completion % from 43.3% in very limited time as a freshman to 55.8% last year to 70.0% this year. Luck is arguably worthy of the #1 spot because he's played in a pro system, is accurate, and has a great edge when it comes to mobility, but the team that passes on Mallett for maturity reasons deserves a special place in NFL purgatory.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
Oh and Ryan Leaf jumped to the NFL the second he was eligible. Ryan Mallett was likely going to be the number one pick if he jumped (lot fewer questions than Bradford's broken shoulder) but he chose to stay in order to graduate and possibly get Arkansas a shot at the national title. I'm not one for sap stories, but I'd somehow think he shows a bit more maturity by passing on 50 million in guaranteed money than the guy who told NFL scouts that his first move after becoming the #1 pick would be to go to Vegas.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 08:01:55 PM
Oh and Ryan Leaf jumped to the NFL the second he was eligible. Ryan Mallett was likely going to be the number one pick if he jumped (lot fewer questions than Bradford's broken shoulder) but he chose to stay in order to graduate and possibly get Arkansas a shot at the national title. I'm not one for sap stories, but I'd somehow think he shows a bit more maturity by passing on 50 million in guaranteed money than the guy who told NFL scouts that his first move after becoming the #1 pick would be to go to Vegas.

In some circles, passing on 50 million dollars would seem all kinds of retarded. But not in SKO's world.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 21, 2010, 08:51:49 PM

In some circles, passing on 50 million dollars would seem all kinds of retarded. But not in SKO's world.

It's called character jerk.  The kid promised his momma he was gonna get a degree in phys ed and he's gonna do it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 21, 2010, 09:05:36 PM

It's called character jerk.  The kid promised his momma he was gonna get a degree in phys ed and he's gonna do it.

Hell I think it was a stupid move after what happened to Bradford. Maybe he just didn't want to play for the Rams. Might point is that he seems pretty far from the half-witted bag of douche that was Ryan Leaf. My point is that if he was the drunken moran that LDA thinks he is I'd bet he'd have taken the damn money.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 09:11:44 PM

Hell I think it was a stupid move after what happened to Bradford. Maybe he just didn't want to play for the Rams. Might point is that he seems pretty far from the half-witted bag of douche that was Ryan Leaf. My point is that if he was the drunken moran that LDA thinks he is I'd bet he'd have taken the damn money.

I don't think it's fair to compare anyone to Ryan Leaf and I'm on the record as a big fan of Armcock Mallett. I just find it funny that some people think it's honorable to turn down 50 million dollars. Fuck a long career. I'll take the 50 mildo.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 21, 2010, 10:29:58 PM

I don't think it's fair to compare anyone to Ryan Leaf and I'm on the record as a big fan of Armcock Mallett. I just find it funny that some people think it's honorable to turn down 50 million dollars. Fuck a long career. I'll take the 50 mildo.

I would too. I'd also go to Vegas after being the number one pick. I wouldn't spend a God damn minute studying game film and I would throw around money like it was nothing and go to bed every night buried somewhere in a pile of supermodels. Then I'd play like Leaf or JaMarcus. I don't have an armcock, sadly, and I'm only 5'10'', so I'm never going to be in that position. Therefore I can call those who do that lazy, worthless sonsabitches who threw away a golden opportunity while climbing up on my soapbox and giving props to Ryan Mallett for something that only matters to "people that play the game the right way." I have totally forgotten my point. Either way, any dumbfuck that needs a quarterback and passes on Ryan Mallett will deeply regret it.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 11:18:05 PM

I would too. I'd also go to Vegas after being the number one pick. I wouldn't spend a God damn minute studying game film and I would throw around money like it was nothing and go to bed every night buried somewhere in a pile of supermodels. Then I'd play like Leaf or JaMarcus. I don't have an armcock, sadly, and I'm only 5'10'', so I'm never going to be in that position. Therefore I can call those who do that lazy, worthless sonsabitches who threw away a golden opportunity while climbing up on my soapbox and giving props to Ryan Mallett for something that only matters to "people that play the game the right way." I have totally forgotten my point. Either way, any dumbfuck that needs a quarterback and passes on Ryan Mallett will deeply regret it.

I can't wait for the Cardinals to fuck that up.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on September 21, 2010, 11:19:12 PM

There are quite a few teams out there that may be worse than Arizona and need quarterbacks. Jacksonville. Oakland. Buffalo. Cleveland.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2010, 07:24:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 11:22:25 PM

It's called character jerk.  The kid promised his momma he was gonna get a degree in phys ed and he's gonna do it.

There are quite a few teams out there that may be worse than Arizona and need quarterbacks. Jacksonville. Oakland. Buffalo. Cleveland.

Minnesota. Dallas.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2010, 07:32:43 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 22, 2010, 07:24:06 AM

It's called character jerk.  The kid promised his momma he was gonna get a degree in phys ed and he's gonna do it.

Minnesota. Dallas.

I enjoy their demise as much as anyone, but those teams have too much talent to get the top 5-10 draft pick that will put them in a position for Mallett. I'm sticking by my 6-10 prediction for the Vikings (Ol' SKO doesn't look so crazy now does he? Sure, ye' laughed at him. Just like ye' laughed when he said pine cones were the future!). The Cowboys will get back in the race only to blow it in hilarious fashion.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2010, 07:54:46 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 22, 2010, 07:32:43 AM

Minnesota. Dallas.

I enjoy their demise as much as anyone, but those teams have too much talent to get the top 5-10 draft pick that will put them in a position for Mallett. I'm sticking by my 6-10 prediction for the Vikings (Ol' SKO doesn't look so crazy now does he? Sure, ye' laughed at him. Just like ye' laughed when he said pine cones were the future!). The Cowboys will get back in the race only to blow it in hilarious fashion.

Well, I was just making teh funny. Of course Minnesota and Dallas won't pick in the top 10. It is possible that both pick ahead of Arizona though, because that team also has a fair amount of talent - and a tough situation under center. I could see Arizona flat-out tanking the season though whereas Minny and Dallas are going balls out for the Wild Cards and coming up lame.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2010, 08:02:41 AM »

Minnesota. Dallas.

Not THI. We need a another 8-10 years of Tony Romo wearing the blue star. My favorite QB since Danny White.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16