News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 College Football  ( 65,782 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 College Football
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 26, 2010, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:42:41 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 26, 2010, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:27:31 AM
I realize that this will just lead to more bitching and moaning that won't accomplish anything, and there'll never be a playoff until someone figures out a way to ensure that it will raise as much money as the bowl games do, but the point is that the system is fucked and Boise's a great example of it.

When will people learn? CAPITALISM JUST DOESN'T WORK!

Hell, capitalism doesn't really apply to sports anyway. The NFL's revenue sharing and salary caps aren't exactly all invisible-handy.

Monopolies and cartels are a part of capitalism, too. Some might say a big part.

But we're straying from the salient point here, namely: when does the IWW stage their takeover of D-I football?

I punched a kid freshman year who was a Wobblie. The punch had nothing to do with that, and I only found after the fact. But I was proud of it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: October 26, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
I don't think Boise sucks by any means. I think they'd fare well in any conference. Would they run the table? Maybe. We'll never know. But until they play credible teams in conference I don't give a shit what they do.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: October 26, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 26, 2010, 09:55:20 AM
I don't think Boise sucks by any means. I think they'd fare well in any conference. Would they run the table? Maybe. We'll never know. But until they play credible teams in conference I don't give a shit what they do.

Why don't you just cut your god damn hair and go get some new slacks at JC Penny's, because you're just part of the machine, pal. You used to be cool, man.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: October 26, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:57:41 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 26, 2010, 09:55:20 AM

Why don't you just cut your god damn hair and go get some new slacks at JC Penny's, because you're just part of the machine, pal. You used to be cool, man.

One of us. One of us.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:51:43 AM
I realize that this will just lead to more bitching and moaning that won't accomplish anything, and there'll never be a playoff until someone figures out a way to ensure that it will raise as much money as the bowl games do, but the point is that the system is fucked and Boise's a great example of it.

Hell, capitalism doesn't really apply to sports anyway. The NFL's revenue sharing and salary caps aren't exactly all invisible-handy.

Monopolies and cartels are a part of capitalism, too. Some might say a big part.

But we're straying from the salient point here, namely: when does the IWW stage their takeover of D-I football?

I punched a kid freshman year who was a Wobblie. The punch had nothing to do with that, and I only found after the fact. But I was proud of it.

SKO: proud future Pinkerton.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 26, 2010, 10:46:08 AM

I don't even know why the fight started. I was drunk, he threw a punch at my roommate, I answered back. People broke it up, we left, I threw up in the bushes. Later on he was in my speech class and he gave a speech about the IWW and why we should all support their cause. He gave another speech about him and his girlfriend and how inspiring it was that they had both gone vegan together. Honestly, my only regret is not punching him more.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:06:52 PM

I don't even know why the fight started. I was drunk, he threw a punch at my roommate, I answered back. People broke it up, we left, I threw up in the bushes. Later on he was in my speech class and he gave a speech about the IWW and why we should all support their cause. He gave another speech about him and his girlfriend and how inspiring it was that they had both gone vegan together. Honestly, my only regret is not punching him more.

He sounds small and puny.  I'm guessing the threat or retaliation was low.  Good on ya for being smart about violence.   
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
Quote from: JD on October 26, 2010, 10:05:18 PM

He sounds small and puny.  I'm guessing the threat or retaliation was low.  Good on ya for being smart about violence.   

I pick my battles. Never on principle, but always on whether or not I can win.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2010, 01:58:07 AM »

I'll take my chances against ANY vegan.  One punch, they snap.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2010, 07:42:50 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 27, 2010, 01:58:07 AM

I can sort understand vegetarians. You don't like meat, it makes you feel like shit, fine. Don't eat it.

But vegans? They're full of shit.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2010, 08:15:10 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 07:42:50 AM

I can sort understand vegetarians. You don't like meat, it makes you feel like shit, fine. Don't eat it.

I just don't get the logic. Animals themselves eat other animals. Why is it immoral for humans to do the same?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 08:15:10 AM

I just don't get the logic. Animals themselves eat other animals. Why is it immoral for humans to do the same?

Because they're all liberal elitist pussies above the rest of the barbaric humans that feed on other animals.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »

He sounds small and puny.  I'm guessing the threat or retaliation was low.  Good on ya for being smart about violence.  

I'll take my chances against ANY vegan.  One punch, they snap.

This. My wife gets sick if she eats chicken, beef, pork, or lamb. And she's a bleeding heart about animals. But she's not deranged enough to go full vetard.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 27, 2010, 08:20:13 AM

Because they're all liberal elitist pussies above the rest of the barbaric humans that feed on other animals.

Until you develop a healthy, hetero love of bacon, sit in the back of the carnivore bus.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2010, 09:00:53 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 27, 2010, 08:51:44 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 27, 2010, 08:20:13 AM

Until you develop a healthy, hetero love of bacon, sit in the back of the carnivore bus.

I'm coming around.