News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 College Football  ( 65,757 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 College Football
« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 27, 2010, 08:44:36 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 07:42:50 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 27, 2010, 01:58:07 AM
Quote from: JD on October 26, 2010, 10:05:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 26, 2010, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:51:43 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 26, 2010, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:42:41 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 26, 2010, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2010, 09:27:31 AM
I realize that this will just lead to more bitching and moaning that won't accomplish anything, and there'll never be a playoff until someone figures out a way to ensure that it will raise as much money as the bowl games do, but the point is that the system is fucked and Boise's a great example of it.

When will people learn? CAPITALISM JUST DOESN'T WORK!

Hell, capitalism doesn't really apply to sports anyway. The NFL's revenue sharing and salary caps aren't exactly all invisible-handy.

Monopolies and cartels are a part of capitalism, too. Some might say a big part.

But we're straying from the salient point here, namely: when does the IWW stage their takeover of D-I football?

I punched a kid freshman year who was a Wobblie. The punch had nothing to do with that, and I only found after the fact. But I was proud of it.

SKO: proud future Pinkerton.

I don't even know why the fight started. I was drunk, he threw a punch at my roommate, I answered back. People broke it up, we left, I threw up in the bushes. Later on he was in my speech class and he gave a speech about the IWW and why we should all support their cause. He gave another speech about him and his girlfriend and how inspiring it was that they had both gone vegan together. Honestly, my only regret is not punching him more.

He sounds small and puny.  I'm guessing the threat or retaliation was low.  Good on ya for being smart about violence.  

I'll take my chances against ANY vegan.  One punch, they snap.

I can sort understand vegetarians. You don't like meat, it makes you feel like shit, fine. Don't eat it.

But vegans? They're full of shit.

This. My wife gets sick if she eats chicken, beef, pork, or lamb. And she's a bleeding heart about animals. But she's not deranged enough to go full vetard.

Most of the vegetarians I know did it for diet reasons or because meat makes them sick. I know one Jewish kid who is vegan because he thinks it's just easier to keep kosher that way. I tried telling him nothing's ever going to purify him or his filthy people of the sin of killing the Son of Man, so he might as well enjoy a bacon cheeseburger, but so far he hasn't listened.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 09:01:32 AM
I realize that this will just lead to more bitching and moaning that won't accomplish anything, and there'll never be a playoff until someone figures out a way to ensure that it will raise as much money as the bowl games do, but the point is that the system is fucked and Boise's a great example of it.

Hell, capitalism doesn't really apply to sports anyway. The NFL's revenue sharing and salary caps aren't exactly all invisible-handy.

Monopolies and cartels are a part of capitalism, too. Some might say a big part.

But we're straying from the salient point here, namely: when does the IWW stage their takeover of D-I football?

I punched a kid freshman year who was a Wobblie. The punch had nothing to do with that, and I only found after the fact. But I was proud of it.

I don't even know why the fight started. I was drunk, he threw a punch at my roommate, I answered back. People broke it up, we left, I threw up in the bushes. Later on he was in my speech class and he gave a speech about the IWW and why we should all support their cause. He gave another speech about him and his girlfriend and how inspiring it was that they had both gone vegan together. Honestly, my only regret is not punching him more.

He sounds small and puny.  I'm guessing the threat or retaliation was low.  Good on ya for being smart about violence.  

I can sort understand vegetarians. You don't like meat, it makes you feel like shit, fine. Don't eat it.

This. My wife gets sick if she eats chicken, beef, pork, or lamb. And she's a bleeding heart about animals. But she's not deranged enough to go full vetard.

Most of the vegetarians I know did it for diet reasons or because meat makes them sick. I know one Jewish kid who is vegan because he thinks it's just easier to keep kosher that way. I tried telling him nothing's ever going to purify him or his filthy people of the sin of killing the Son of Man, so he might as well enjoy a bacon cheeseburger, but so far he hasn't listened.

The only thing dumber than being a vegan for the sake of the poor, defenseless animals (who will fucking kill you if given the chance) is being a vegan because some fake asshole in the sky deems it to be the only way to salvation.

People are the worst.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 09:38:52 AM

The only thing dumber than being a vegan for the sake of the poor, defenseless animals (who will fucking kill you if given the chance) is being a vegan because some fake asshole in the sky deems it to be the only way to salvation.

People are the worst.

I believe my chosen deity would rather that I pass on eating human beings. Outside of that, I don't think he cares.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2010, 09:57:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 09:46:15 AM

People are the worst.

I believe my chosen deity would rather that I pass on eating human beings. Outside of that, I don't think he cares.

I believe in eating whatever you want, regardless of what some imaginary sky creature says to do or not do.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: October 27, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 27, 2010, 09:57:17 AM
I believe in eating whatever you want, regardless of what some imaginary sky creature says to do or not do.

I think Gil just admitted that he believes in cannibalism.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: October 27, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »

People are the worst.

I think that's more or less what I just said. Only that I differ on whether or not the sky creature is imaginary. But thanks for getting that in there.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: October 27, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 27, 2010, 10:00:05 AM

Don't you? It'd be pretty silly to not believe in something that clearly exists.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: October 27, 2010, 10:03:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 10:00:46 AM

I think that's more or less what I just said. Only that I differ on whether or not the sky creature is imaginary. But thanks for getting that in there.

And on whether eating man meat is okay.

(No homo.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:44 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 10:02:25 AM

Don't you? It'd be pretty silly to not believe in something that clearly exists.

Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that's not for us. Those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We're just here to eat some dude.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2010, 10:06:46 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 27, 2010, 10:05:44 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 27, 2010, 10:02:25 AM

Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that's not for us. Those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We're just here to eat some dude.

Dee Reynolds: [Examining African American specimen] I don't think I can eat this guy.
Charlie Kelly: I don't think I can, right? Why is that?
Dee Reynolds: I don't know.
Charlie Kelly: It's not because he's black, though, right?
Dee Reynolds: Of course not... I don't think so... No.
Charlie Kelly: It's because he's dead, right?
Dee Reynolds: It's because he's dead, that's why not.
Charlie Kelly: Good, good, good.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »

Absolute freedom.  Imagine it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: October 27, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 27, 2010, 10:15:35 AM

The cannibalism line just barely made the cutting room floor when Lennon was working on Imagine, actually.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 10:17:16 AM

The cannibalism line just barely made the cutting room floor when Lennon was working on Imagine, actually.

That gutless slapdick.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 27, 2010, 12:05:24 PM

That gutless slapdick.

It's true. The original line was "no need for greed or hunger, you could feast on your fellow man..."

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 12:23:56 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 27, 2010, 12:05:24 PM

That gutless slapdick.

It's true. The original line was "no need for greed or hunger, you could feast on your fellow man..."

Maybe *he* can. I just look at human flesh and I gain 5 pounds.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck