News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire  ( 24,282 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Boardwalk Empire
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:36 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 16, 2012, 05:14:18 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 16, 2012, 11:15:46 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 16, 2012, 10:05:31 AM
Pretty ballsy to go for the blatant Taxi Driver callback in the Bugsy/Gyp scene. That sequence and the Rothstein/Nucky conversation redeemed what I thought was an otherwise meh episode.

Too much dong.

THI

I watched the last three eps back to back last night. Enjoyed the hell out of all of it. I'm not all that into Nucky's girlfriend though. I'd rather smash Margaret. Hope Owen gets another opportunity to duke that out. He seems bored with Katie, who is fucking banging.

She sure enjoys Mr. Poofles.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Pretty ballsy to go for the blatant Taxi Driver callback in the Bugsy/Gyp scene. That sequence and the Rothstein/Nucky conversation redeemed what I thought was an otherwise meh episode.

Too much dong.

THI

I watched the last three eps back to back last night. Enjoyed the hell out of all of it. I'm not all that into Nucky's girlfriend though. I'd rather smash Margaret. Hope Owen gets another opportunity to duke that out. He seems bored with Katie, who is fucking banging.

Wish granted.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 23, 2012, 12:37:15 PM

Too much dong.

THI

Wish granted.

That was an amazing show. I hope Richard at least gets to hold hands with that old vet's daughter.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
This season hasn't been nearly as good as the first two. There are some good storylines and there are some that I could give a rat's ass about. And Rossetti's just too cartoonish and weird to get all worked up about. When the antagonist was Jimmy and his ma, I felt conflicted. I wanted the two to reconcile and at the end, when Nucky offed Jimmy, I was shocked and even saddened. With Rossetti? Just shoot the douche in his face already.

I like the show, but I think this season is weaker than the first two by far.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 09:13:06 AM »
"Would you pay a dime to see this?"

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Apex on the internet. I think I've enjoyed this season more than the first two, especially if they can stick the landing. I understand the complaints that Gyp is a Joe Pesci caricature, but I think this show needed someone like that. It's been amazingly staged and shot all along but I think adding a little more FIRE AND PASSION has been a good thing.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 19, 2012, 09:13:06 AM

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Apex on the internet. I think I've enjoyed this season more than the first two, especially if they can stick the landing. I understand the complaints that Gyp is a Joe Pesci caricature, but I think this show needed someone like that. It's been amazingly staged and shot all along but I think adding a little more FIRE AND PASSION has been a good thing.

His unpredictable and totally irrational violence is a major part of this program.  Try to picture what this season would have been without him. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 19, 2012, 11:43:23 AM

His unpredictable and totally irrational violence is a major part of this program.  Try to picture what this season would have been without him. 

For starters, I wouldn't have had the awkwardness of sitting next to my mother-in-law when his schlong came on screen.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 19, 2012, 12:09:46 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 19, 2012, 11:43:23 AM

For starters, I wouldn't have had the awkwardness of sitting next to my mother-in-law when his schlong came on screen.

I am sorry that she missed my almost performance in "Hair".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »
A fate better than St. Louis, I guess.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
As good as the last episode was, from the preview next week's finale looks to be one memorable event.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 25, 2012, 09:19:10 PM
As good as the last episode was, from the preview next week's finale looks to be one memorable event.

There are not enough episodes of this show.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »
Quote from: flannj on November 26, 2012, 08:39:26 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 25, 2012, 09:19:10 PM

There are not enough episodes of this show.

Eh, I'm all set.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50:04 AM »
Great finale. The first scene (shot from behind the poor saps who surrendered and then got lit up by Capone and his goons) was amazing. Did anyone keep count of how many goons Richard took out at the hoo-a-house?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
Gyp told Joe Masseria that he had 9 of his own men.
With one escaping by hiding in a closet (Tonino).
There were two others on the beach with Gyp after the firefight.
Sure seamed like Richard took care of more than that.

Also, any and all phone conversations between Mickey Doyle and Arnold Rothstein are gold.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 03, 2012, 08:59:44 AM
Gyp told Joe Masseria that he had 9 of his own men.
With one escaping by hiding in a closet (Tonino).
There were two others on the beach with Gyp after the firefight.
Sure seamed like Richard took care of more than that.

Also, any and all phone conversations between Mikey Doyle and Arnold Rothstein are gold.

A very good episode. I still wish they had wrapped up the Rossetti plot in about four episodes and moved on to more interesting material. With all of the fascinating real-life characters they've fleshed out, they have endless options for storylines more captivating than the cartoonish Rossetti. Al Capone and Chalky were amazing on screen together for starters. Every scene involving Rothstein etc. is fucking amazing. I have hope that the next season will eclipse this one based upon the direction things seemed headed as this one closed out.