News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire  ( 24,498 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Boardwalk Empire
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 06:02:07 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 07, 2011, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on December 05, 2011, 12:30:32 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 05, 2011, 12:28:29 PM
Quote from: R-V on November 28, 2011, 09:11:01 AM
Quote from: flannj on November 27, 2011, 11:13:20 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 21, 2011, 01:25:18 PM
Munya is going to be big trouble

Yes.

Yes he is.

Is it strange that I'm rooting for him more than I am for Jimmy?

Now I'm rooting for that motherfucker Jimmy to kill his mom.

Boardwalk Empire incest is WAY creepier than Game of Thrones incest.

Yea, that was pretty fucked up. As it was progressing, I didn't think they'd go therr, and BOOM, some good ole motherfuckin
Apex don't read this...

Gillian (Gretchen Mol) is smoking hot but that scene was hard to watch.

I'm guessing Richard is going to go after Manny for killing Angela and THAT should be epic.

Rough season for the Commodore he has been poisoned, suffered a stroke, beaten by Gillian, and stabbed twice.

Van Alden's description of his family was awesome but I'm afraid he may not be around much longer.

I can't believe there is only one more episode this season, that sucks.

And I want more Chalky dammit.

I am still pissed at Dabney Coleman for being a schmuck in Nine To Five, so he deserves whatever he gets in this show.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
This penultimate episode ranks up there with the best that I have ever seen on TV.  The guy who plays the disfugured WWI veteran is a great grandson of Walter Huston, grandson of John Huston, nephew of Angelica Huston.  He does have a face in real life.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 08, 2011, 05:48:46 PM
This penultimate episode ranks up there with the best that I have ever seen on TV.  The guy who plays the disfugured WWI veteran is a great grandson of Walter Huston, grandson of John Huston, nephew of Angelica Huston.  He does have a face in real life.

You ruined the Monkees for your kids, didn't you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
GOTTERDAMMERUNG!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 07, 2011, 10:29:34 AM
I'm guessing Richard is going to go after Manny for killing Angela and THAT should be epic.

Heh.
Great start to the season.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

"Let me ask you something Mickey, how the fuck are you still alive?"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »

"63"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 12:07:51 AM »
"...your buddy misses you"

This is probably the finest show on television, so why the fuck am I the only one posting in this thread?
Or have I answered my own question?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Quote from: flannj on October 09, 2012, 12:07:51 AM

This is probably the finest show on television, so why the fuck am I the only one posting in this thread?

This week's is still on my DVR.

I'm waiting for Van Alden to have a total meltdown.

And Nucky's girlfriend is one tight little package.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 08:59:07 AM »

Yeah I'm really enjoying this season. Not missing Darmody at all which is kind of shocking.

The Capone storyline was completely predictable yet still fantastic. Stephen Graham killed it in the scene with him trying to teach his son to box. Wondering if they'll even try to tie in this year's Chicago story to the main plot or just let it stand on its own.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 09:39:37 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 09, 2012, 08:59:07 AM

Yeah I'm really enjoying this season. Not missing Darmody at all which is kind of shocking.

The Capone storyline was completely predictable yet still fantastic. Stephen Graham killed it in the scene with him trying to teach his son to box. Wondering if they'll even try to tie in this year's Chicago story to the main plot or just let it stand on its own.

Pretty amazing when you can make Al Capone a sympathetic character.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »
Quote from: flannj on October 09, 2012, 09:39:37 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 09, 2012, 08:59:07 AM

Pretty amazing when you can make Al Capone a sympathetic character.

Yeah.  He was a goddamn hero in that barfight.  He actually paid for his victim's funeral.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
Pretty ballsy to go for the blatant Taxi Driver callback in the Bugsy/Gyp scene. That sequence and the Rothstein/Nucky conversation redeemed what I thought was an otherwise meh episode.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 16, 2012, 10:05:31 AM
Pretty ballsy to go for the blatant Taxi Driver callback in the Bugsy/Gyp scene. That sequence and the Rothstein/Nucky conversation redeemed what I thought was an otherwise meh episode.

Too much dong.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 16, 2012, 11:15:46 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 16, 2012, 10:05:31 AM

Too much dong.

THI

I watched the last three eps back to back last night. Enjoyed the hell out of all of it. I'm not all that into Nucky's girlfriend though. I'd rather smash Margaret. Hope Owen gets another opportunity to duke that out. He seems bored with Katie, who is fucking banging.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.