News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,433 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 06, 2010, 09:57:32 AM
It's hard to complain about a 9-3 team, but what the fuck is with all the Breesterceptions this season?  And Manning has like 37 so far, too.  Also, fuck the Falcons in the ear hole.

They struggled to run the ball. And they throw it alot. Defenses keyed on the pass. Protection hasn't been as good as last year. Kinda the same reason almost every good quarterback throws interceptions.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2010, 10:21:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
It's hard to complain about a 9-3 team, but what the fuck is with all the Breesterceptions this season?  And Manning has like 37 so far, too.  Also, fuck the Falcons in the ear hole.

They struggled to run the ball. And they throw it alot. Defenses keyed on the pass. Protection hasn't been as good as last year. Kinda the same reason almost every good quarterback throws interceptions.

Good quarterbacks don't throw interceptions. Except for Favre. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »

I would guess that a decent percentage of those are of the Devery Henderson tip drill variety, too.

Also...Christopher Ivory.  Tiffin College.  I don't even know where Tiffin College is, nor did I know it existed.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 06, 2010, 10:21:23 AM

This. We all know that the only reason Cutler hasn't thrown more interceptions is that he's making terrible reads but his accuracy is so bad that he's hitting the receivers that are open even if he's intending to throw into coverage. I could imagine him throwing 35 interceptions this year.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 06, 2010, 10:54:37 AM

This. We all know that the only reason Cutler hasn't thrown more interceptions is that he's making terrible reads but his accuracy is so bad that he's hitting the receivers that are open even if he's intending to throw into coverage. I could imagine him throwing 35 interceptions this year.

How many near-interceptions did Hub Arkush and Don Banks have for Jay this week?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 10:57:00 AM
Quote from: Brownie on December 06, 2010, 10:54:37 AM

How many near-interceptions did Hub Arkush and Don Banks have for Jay this week?

Nine. That brings his total to almost 100 going into week 14.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
Insert SKO-Boner HERE.

Edited to include wonderful Apex string...

Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 01:49:35 PM
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 12:36:36 PM
Delicious.

Wait...how is Tebow going to keep the Broncos defense from sucking?

He's not going to keep anything from sucking, except his girlfriend prior to marraige. OH! GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GOO!

I was tempted to ask how the Broncos defense giving up 52 points to the Raiders dooms Orton's career, but then I proceeded to read the rest. The Tebow dong-chugging is just icing on the meatball cake...

QuoteThis defeat will leave a scar on true blue Broncomaniacs

QuoteOnly Tebow can save McDaniels now.

QuoteStubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

QuoteWhat are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

QuoteSooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

"Broncomaniacs"? Do they call themselves this?

Orton was terrible in the first half yesterday. His first pass was a pick 6. And we've known for a long time that he is simply not that great at football. It took me about 8 years to reach that conclusion. So, forgive the columnist for waiting until now to recognize the folly of counting on him for anything more than caretaking of an offense hat needs Jesus to help overcome the lack of talent on that entire roster. Ol' Josh got rid of all those clubhouse cancers and surrounded himself with "winners." Such a fucking tool. He's the professional equivalent of every high school coach you've ever hated.

"My way or the highway" etc... Whatever, douche. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where Timmy's Good Lord split ya.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
DPD, for this hilariousness from Pat Bowlen just last week.

Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said that coach Josh McDaniels' job is safe, this season and for 2011.

"I am not interested in making a change," Bowlen told AOL Fanhouse.

When asked specifically about next year, Bowlen replied: "Yes he will. I am not interested in making a coaching change."
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »
Thanks for the quarterback, Josh. Eat a dick, Peter King. "Jay Cutler has three reasons for not being in Denver: Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, and Jay Cutler" my fucking ass. Nice job depleting all of the talent on the only side of the ball that Denver didn't suck at and doing nothing to fix the other half. Oh, and thanks for the quarterback you prick.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2010, 07:45:30 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 06, 2010, 07:29:09 PM
Bernie Lincicome was the only guy in Denver to understand this. Back to when he was still writing on his blog:

http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=193
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=242
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=260
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=274

"If Jay Cutler stays in Denver he will outlast Josh McDaniels. If he is traded away from Denver, he will outlast Josh McDaniels. If Jay Cutler is not in Denver, the Broncos are the doormats of the NFL."

Awesome. Fucking awesome. Now hire Gruden, Denver. That'll be fucking hilarious.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2010, 07:58:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 07:06:08 PM
Thanks for the quarterback, Josh. Eat a dick, Peter King. "Jay Cutler has three reasons for not being in Denver: Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler, and Jay Cutler" my fucking ass. Nice job depleting all of the talent on the only side of the ball that Denver didn't suck at and doing nothing to fix the other half. Oh, and thanks for the quarterback you prick.

A hearty fuck you to Tony Dungy, who took the same stance as well.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
I'm learning to hate Tony Dungy. Especially since half my extended family wants him to run for political office.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 06, 2010, 05:26:31 PM
Insert SKO-Boner HERE.

Edited to include wonderful Apex string...

Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 01:49:35 PM
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 12:36:36 PM
Delicious.

Wait...how is Tebow going to keep the Broncos defense from sucking?

He's not going to keep anything from sucking, except his girlfriend prior to marraige. OH! GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GOO!

I was tempted to ask how the Broncos defense giving up 52 points to the Raiders dooms Orton's career, but then I proceeded to read the rest. The Tebow dong-chugging is just icing on the meatball cake...

QuoteThis defeat will leave a scar on true blue Broncomaniacs

QuoteOnly Tebow can save McDaniels now.

QuoteStubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

QuoteWhat are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

QuoteSooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

"Broncomaniacs"? Do they call themselves this?

Orton was terrible in the first half yesterday. His first pass was a pick 6. And we've known for a long time that he is simply not that great at football. It took me about 8 years to reach that conclusion. So, forgive the columnist for waiting until now to recognize the folly of counting on him for anything more than caretaking of an offense hat needs Jesus to help overcome the lack of talent on that entire roster. Ol' Josh got rid of all those clubhouse cancers and surrounded himself with "winners." Such a fucking tool. He's the professional equivalent of every high school coach you've ever hated.

"My way or the highway" etc... Whatever, douche. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where Timmy's Good Lord split ya.

Today I learned...

Who the radio color analyst for Broncos games is.

And I LOLed.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »
Bernie Lincicome's Twitter feed: Not teh suc.

http://twitter.com/blincicome