News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,481 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2010, 08:17:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2010, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: PenPho on December 06, 2010, 05:26:31 PM
Insert SKO-Boner HERE.

Edited to include wonderful Apex string...

Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 25, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 01:49:35 PM
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 12:36:36 PM
Delicious.

Wait...how is Tebow going to keep the Broncos defense from sucking?

He's not going to keep anything from sucking, except his girlfriend prior to marraige. OH! GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GOO!

I was tempted to ask how the Broncos defense giving up 52 points to the Raiders dooms Orton's career, but then I proceeded to read the rest. The Tebow dong-chugging is just icing on the meatball cake...

QuoteThis defeat will leave a scar on true blue Broncomaniacs

QuoteOnly Tebow can save McDaniels now.

QuoteStubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

QuoteWhat are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

QuoteSooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

"Broncomaniacs"? Do they call themselves this?

Orton was terrible in the first half yesterday. His first pass was a pick 6. And we've known for a long time that he is simply not that great at football. It took me about 8 years to reach that conclusion. So, forgive the columnist for waiting until now to recognize the folly of counting on him for anything more than caretaking of an offense hat needs Jesus to help overcome the lack of talent on that entire roster. Ol' Josh got rid of all those clubhouse cancers and surrounded himself with "winners." Such a fucking tool. He's the professional equivalent of every high school coach you've ever hated.

"My way or the highway" etc... Whatever, douche. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where Timmy's Good Lord split ya.

Today I learned...

Who the radio color analyst for Broncos games is.

And I LOLed.

Wow. His partner, Dave Logan has a worse case of Jim Kelly Face than Jim Kelly does. Not a good thing.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 06, 2010, 08:17:44 PM
Insert SKO-Boner HERE.

Delicious.

He's not going to keep anything from sucking, except his girlfriend prior to marraige. OH! GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GIGGEDY-GOO!

I was tempted to ask how the Broncos defense giving up 52 points to the Raiders dooms Orton's career, but then I proceeded to read the rest. The Tebow dong-chugging is just icing on the meatball cake...

QuoteWhat are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

QuoteSooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

Orton was terrible in the first half yesterday. His first pass was a pick 6. And we've known for a long time that he is simply not that great at football. It took me about 8 years to reach that conclusion. So, forgive the columnist for waiting until now to recognize the folly of counting on him for anything more than caretaking of an offense hat needs Jesus to help overcome the lack of talent on that entire roster. Ol' Josh got rid of all those clubhouse cancers and surrounded himself with "winners." Such a fucking tool. He's the professional equivalent of every high school coach you've ever hated.

"My way or the highway" etc... Whatever, douche. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where Timmy's Good Lord split ya.

Today I learned...

And I LOLed.

He Does look just like Jim Kelly. Holy shit. Also, the fact that they brought Brian Fucking Griese back into the organization in any fucking way is evidence of the systemic failure of that entire franchise.

Wow. His partner, Dave Logan has a worse case of Jim Kelly Face than Jim Kelly does. Not a good thing.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 08:22:44 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 06, 2010, 08:17:44 PM
Insert SKO-Boner HERE.

Delicious.

Today I learned...

And I LOLed.

He Does look just like Jim Kelly. Holy shit. Also, the fact that they brought Brian Fucking Griese back into the organization in any fucking way is evidence of the systemic failure of that entire franchise.

Here you go:

QuoteGriese was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2000 and later played for the Dolphins, Buccaneers, and Bears (with Kyle Orton).

Insider insight!

And Logan looks like the mongoloid love child of Jim Kelly and Stephen Fry.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »
I'm still confident that the Bears can slow down Brady and, regardless of Rico Mirerez's suckitude tonight, that secondary's been very vulnerable in the other 11 games this year. That said, even if they can't top New England I'm VERY confident in their ability to embarass the shit out of Mirerez at Solider and Favre or T-Jack in the dome. Pretty sure 11 games will get them in regardless of what happens in Lambeau.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2010, 09:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 06, 2010, 08:08:39 PM
Bernie Lincicome's Twitter feed: Not teh suc.

http://twitter.com/blincicome

Is that his mom in the picture on his feed?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on December 06, 2010, 09:54:19 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 06, 2010, 08:08:39 PM
Bernie Lincicome's Twitter feed: Not teh suc.

http://twitter.com/blincicome

Is that his mom in the picture on his feed?

That's what I thought.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:07 AM »
Michael Lombardi states the Broncos' first choice for head coach would be Gary Kubiak of the Texans (who are so awesome as you know) and they're likely to ask John Elway to join the organization in a front-office role. So they fire Shanahan only to replace him two years later possibly with his disciple, who will run Shanahan's offense and can't build a defense (sorta like Shanahan), and they'll ask that giant neanderthal to play some role in managing the team solely to pander to their fanbase. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2010, 07:58:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 09:51:14 PM
I'm still confident that the Bears can slow down Brady and, regardless of Rico Mirerez's suckitude tonight, that secondary's been very vulnerable in the other 11 games this year. That said, even if they can't top New England I'm VERY confident in their ability to embarass the shit out of Mirerez at Solider and Favre or T-Jack in the dome. Pretty sure 11 games will get them in regardless of what happens in Lambeau.

The Pack also has to travel to New England. So there's that.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2010, 09:03:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 07:45:30 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 06, 2010, 07:29:09 PM
Bernie Lincicome was the only guy in Denver to understand this. Back to when he was still writing on his blog:

http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=193
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=242
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=260
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=274

"If Jay Cutler stays in Denver he will outlast Josh McDaniels. If he is traded away from Denver, he will outlast Josh McDaniels. If Jay Cutler is not in Denver, the Broncos are the doormats of the NFL."

Awesome. Fucking awesome. Now hire Gruden, Denver. That'll be fucking hilarious.

Had Bernie Lincicome stayed in Chicago...ahh fuck it.

Pat Bowlen's gotta be senile.  This team dumped Mike Shanahan AND Jay Cutler AND Brandon Marshall.  Not saying Shanahan still was on the ball so much--just look at that fartfest in DC--but I'd take my chances at least with him getting to stick around while Cutler matured.  And Marshall.  Holy fuck what a laughingstock this franchise has become.  Not even Tebow of Nazareth can save them.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 07, 2010, 09:03:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 06, 2010, 07:45:30 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 06, 2010, 07:29:09 PM
Bernie Lincicome was the only guy in Denver to understand this. Back to when he was still writing on his blog:

http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=193
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=242
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=260
http://www.bernielincicome.com/mywords/?p=274

"If Jay Cutler stays in Denver he will outlast Josh McDaniels. If he is traded away from Denver, he will outlast Josh McDaniels. If Jay Cutler is not in Denver, the Broncos are the doormats of the NFL."

Awesome. Fucking awesome. Now hire Gruden, Denver. That'll be fucking hilarious.

Had Bernie Lincicome stayed in Chicago...ahh fuck it.

Pat Bowlen's gotta be senile.  This team dumped Mike Shanahan AND Jay Cutler AND Brandon Marshall.  Not saying Shanahan still was on the ball so much--just look at that fartfest in DC--but I'd take my chances at least with him getting to stick around while Cutler matured.  And Marshall.  Holy fuck what a laughingstock this franchise has become.  Not even Tebow of Nazareth can save them.

But how fung will it be to watch him try? I can't wait. Though the interim tag on their new coach may motivate him to keep Ortman in so he can try to win enough games to keep his jorb. Maybe Ortman will get hurt though.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »

The Bears need to get pressure on Brady with the front four. I don't think he even hit the ground last night, if he did it was only once or twice. Can't really blitz him thanks to their short passing scheme and his ability to get rid of it quickly.

The Bears offense needs to not turn the ball over and run the ball some in order to keep the ball away from Brady.

Need excellent special-teams play. Hester may not necessarily need to score a touchdown, but if he sets the Bears up with great field position a time or two that will also help.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »
By the way, if the Bears go 3-1 in the last four they will get in the playoffs. Either they will win the NFC North or, if GB goes 4-0 in that stretch, they would get a wild card since GB would beat the Giants in that scenario.

The worst-case seeding scenario if the Bears go 3-1 while the Packers go 4-0...

ATL/NO 13-3
GB 12-4
PHI 12-4
NFC West winner
ATL/NO 13-3
CHI 12-4
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 07, 2010, 02:03:40 PM

The Bears need to get pressure on Brady with the front four. I don't think he even hit the ground last night, if he did it was only once or twice. Can't really blitz him thanks to their short passing scheme and his ability to get rid of it quickly.

The Bears offense needs to not turn the ball over and run the ball some in order to keep the ball away from Brady.

Need excellent special-teams play. Hester may not necessarily need to score a touchdown, but if he sets the Bears up with great field position a time or two that will also help.

To summarize:
1. Pressure the QB
2. Don't turn the ball over
3. Run the ball and control the clock
4. Strong special teams play

BRILLIANT!

You emailed this to Lovie, right?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »

So, in short: the Bears need to have a good defensive game at the line of scrimmage and in pass coverage, and they need to play well on offense and special teams.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2010, 02:21:11 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 07, 2010, 02:16:26 PM

To summarize:
1. Pressure the QB
2. Don't turn the ball over
3. Run the ball and control the clock
4. Strong special teams play

BRILLIANT!

You emailed this to Lovie, right?

Not until there's mention of play action.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16