News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,522 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 17, 2010, 09:48:29 AM
Via the shoutbox:

http://twitter.com/kjohnsoncsn/status/15786893077647360

QuoteJust learned that Rex Grossman is starting over McNabb Sun in Dallas; I'm told Redskins Lockeroom is divided and guys are extremely upset

This will be disastrous. And hilarious.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 17, 2010, 09:51:29 AM
Via the shoutbox:

QuoteJust learned that Rex Grossman is starting over McNabb Sun in Dallas; I'm told Redskins Lockeroom is divided and guys are extremely upset

McNabb is going to be starting for the L.A. Vikings next year if there's football.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: December 17, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 17, 2010, 09:52:35 AM
Via the shoutbox:

McNabb is going to be starting for the L.A. Vikings next year if there's football.

McNabb may be the only quarterback who takes more shit than Cutler. Well, at least in Cutler's case he appears to have total support from his entire team. McNabb is attacked by the media and doesn't even have the loyalty of his coach. That team has no offensive line and no wide receivers. Santana Moss is 31 and was only useful as a deep threat anyway. Their other starting wideout is an undrafted rookie. Their run game is inconsistent at best and their defense is terrible. Shanahan has no idea how to manage a QB without scapegoating him. The only two he hasn't jerked around are Elway and Cutler.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: December 17, 2010, 10:33:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 17, 2010, 10:04:49 AM
Via the shoutbox:

McNabb may be the only quarterback who takes more shit than Cutler. Well, at least in Cutler's case he appears to have total support from his entire team. McNabb is attacked by the media and doesn't even have the loyalty of his coach. That team has no offensive line and no wide receivers. Santana Moss is 31 and was only useful as a deep threat anyway. Their other starting wideout is an undrafted rookie. Their run game is inconsistent at best and their defense is terrible. Shanahan has no idea how to manage a QB without scapegoating him. The only two he hasn't jerked around are Elway and Cutler.

That's why he'll be the first LA starting quarterback since Todd Marinovich and Jim (Don't Call Me Chris) Everett. He'll be cut, it'll be an uncapped year, the Vikings seem a bit thin at QB.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: December 17, 2010, 10:47:41 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 17, 2010, 10:33:13 AM
Via the shoutbox:

That's why he'll be the first LA starting quarterback since Todd Marinovich and Jim (Don't Call Me Chris) Everett. He'll be cut, it'll be an uncapped year, the Vikings seem a bit thin at QB.

Right now I'm guessing that Washington, Minnesota, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Cleveland, and Denver will definitely have someone else under center next year. I'm guessing Buffalo will probably keep Fitzpatrick and draft someone behind him. The Jets may bring in someone to compete with Sanchez. God knows what's going to happen in Tennessee. Oakland doesn't seem to be sold on Jason Campbell. Miami may also want someone to compete with Chad Henne. There's going to be some interesting moves made at that position.

Luckily it's a QB-deep draft if everyone jumps. Luck and Mallett are can't-miss guys in my opinion, while Newton and Locker both have physical skills that will probably get them into the first or second round, and there's decent depth in the later rounds with guys like Christian Ponder of Florida State. As far as veterans I'm guessing McNabb's going to get cut, and Orton may be out of Denver as well. So depending on whether aging deep-ball thrower or Hall of Fame Game Manager is your style...

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: December 17, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 17, 2010, 10:47:41 AM
Via the shoutbox:

Right now I'm guessing that Washington, Minnesota, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Cleveland, and Denver will definitely have someone else under center next year. I'm guessing Buffalo will probably keep Fitzpatrick and draft someone behind him. The Jets may bring in someone to compete with Sanchez. God knows what's going to happen in Tennessee. Oakland doesn't seem to be sold on Jason Campbell. Miami may also want someone to compete with Chad Henne. There's going to be some interesting moves made at that position.

Luckily it's a QB-deep draft if everyone jumps. Luck and Mallett are can't-miss guys in my opinion, while Newton and Locker both have physical skills that will probably get them into the first or second round, and there's decent depth in the later rounds with guys like Christian Ponder of Florida State. As far as veterans I'm guessing McNabb's going to get cut, and Orton may be out of Denver as well. So depending on whether aging deep-ball thrower or Hall of Fame Game Manger is your style...

YAY for Cincinnati not making a QB change.
Hopefully for many years to come.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: December 17, 2010, 11:04:21 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 17, 2010, 11:02:19 AM
Via the shoutbox:

Luckily it's a QB-deep draft if everyone jumps. Luck and Mallett are can't-miss guys in my opinion, while Newton and Locker both have physical skills that will probably get them into the first or second round, and there's decent depth in the later rounds with guys like Christian Ponder of Florida State. As far as veterans I'm guessing McNabb's going to get cut, and Orton may be out of Denver as well. So depending on whether aging deep-ball thrower or Hall of Fame Game Manger is your style...

Oh yeah. Them too. The interesting thing is that Carson Palmer will most likely then become someone else's savior, while the Bengals celebrate getting rid of what is CLEARLY the only thing holding them back/Everybengalsoffseasonever.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: December 17, 2010, 11:25:07 AM »
Via the shoutbox:

They probabl ywill. And Something Something about Palmer being teh suck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 17, 2010, 11:25:07 AM
Via the shoutbox:

They probabl ywill. And Pen was right about Palmer being teh suck.

Now. He's right NOW. Pre-exploded Rotator Cuff Palmer (2004-2007) was awesome and the stats back that up. This is like saying Chuck was right about 2007-2008 Soriano because 2009-2010 Soriano blows. Once you start down this dark path, Pex, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 17, 2010, 11:34:07 AM
Via the shoutbox:

Now. He's right NOW. Pre-exploded Rotator Cuff Palmer (2004-2007) was awesome and the stats back that up. This is like saying Chuck was right about 2007-2008 Soriano because 2009-2010 Soriano blows. Once you start down this dark path, Pex, forever will it dominate your destiny.

I'll withdraw my statement as I don't remember the exact argument.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2010, 11:39:54 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 17, 2010, 11:36:28 AM
Via the shoutbox:

I'll withdraw my statement as I don't remember the exact argument.

Thank you.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: December 17, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
Via the shoutbox:

Luckily it's a QB-deep draft if everyone jumps. Luck and Mallett are can't-miss guys in my opinion, while Newton and Locker both have physical skills that will probably get them into the first or second round, and there's decent depth in the later rounds with guys like Christian Ponder of Florida State. As far as veterans I'm guessing McNabb's going to get cut, and Orton may be out of Denver as well. So depending on whether aging deep-ball thrower or Hall of Fame Game Manager is your style...

DPD. I should also add that guys like Blaine Gabbert of Missouri and Landry Jones of Oklahoma have first round talent if they come out, but both of them would be smarter to wait till next year where they won't be overshadowed by Luck and Mallett.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: December 17, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
Via the shoutbox:

As my anti-Palmer sentiments have been relegated solely to the SBox and the SBox didn't start until Spring 2007, I think we can get back to the part about Pen being right.

He's been a rag-arm pussy since that surgery.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: December 17, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 17, 2010, 12:20:23 PM
Via the shoutbox:

As my anti-Palmer sentiments have been relegated solely to the SBox and the SBox didn't start until Spring 2007, I think we can get back to the part about Pen being right.

Good thing you waste all that energy hating Palmer who was rising toward unknown heights when one of your smelly, Samoan linemen destroyed his knee.

Goddamn it I hate Pittsburgh.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: December 17, 2010, 02:59:33 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 17, 2010, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: PenPho on December 17, 2010, 12:20:23 PM
Via the shoutbox:

Good thing you waste all that energy hating Palmer who was rising toward unknown heights when one of your smelly, Samoan Half German-Hawaiian, Half Hawaiian-Portugeuse linemen destroyed his knee and then went on to open up a Sports Bar and American Brewery.

Goddamn it I hate Pittsburgh.

We hate what we love'd