News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,532 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »
Does it bother anyone else that the 49ers are guaranteed to have a losing season this year, yet are still in the running to win their division and make the playoffs?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 17, 2010, 06:36:33 PM
Does it bother anyone else that the 49ers are guaranteed to have a losing season this year, yet are still in the running to win their division and make the playoffs?

Not in the slightest.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: December 17, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 17, 2010, 10:04:49 AM
McNabb may be the only quarterback who takes more shit than Cutler. Well, at least in Cutler's case he appears to have total support from his entire team. McNabb is attacked by the media and doesn't even have the loyalty of his coach. That team has no offensive line and no wide receivers. Santana Moss is 31 and was only useful as a deep threat anyway. Their other starting wideout is an undrafted rookie. Their run game is inconsistent at best and their defense is terrible. Shanahan has no idea how to manage a QB without scapegoating him. The only two he hasn't jerked around are Elway and Cutler.

I thought the media was desirous of a successful Black quarterback.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2010, 09:02:02 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on December 17, 2010, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 17, 2010, 10:04:49 AM
McNabb may be the only quarterback who takes more shit than Cutler. Well, at least in Cutler's case he appears to have total support from his entire team. McNabb is attacked by the media and doesn't even have the loyalty of his coach. That team has no offensive line and no wide receivers. Santana Moss is 31 and was only useful as a deep threat anyway. Their other starting wideout is an undrafted rookie. Their run game is inconsistent at best and their defense is terrible. Shanahan has no idea how to manage a QB without scapegoating him. The only two he hasn't jerked around are Elway and Cutler.

I thought the media was desirous of a successful Black quarterback President.

Fox News'd.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #304 on: December 19, 2010, 03:21:51 PM »
The Eagles just won on a punt return. With no time left at the end of it.

Wow.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: December 19, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
TIM TEBOW!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: December 19, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 19, 2010, 03:21:51 PM

Wow.

Not everyone is familiar with the benefits gained by allowing time to expire whilst holding a lead in this sport:

Quote from: @injuryexpertDeSean Jackson is insanely talented. Classy? Umm, no.

Until someone clues him in.

Quote from: @injuryexpertRT @nroepke: @injuryexpert He was running out the clock. It was brilliant. ** Ah, if so, yes. I stand corrected.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: December 19, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on December 19, 2010, 05:27:21 PM

Wow.

Not everyone is familiar with the benefits gained by allowing time to expire whilst holding a lead in this sport:

Quote from: @injuryexpertRT @nroepke: @injuryexpert He was running out the clock. It was brilliant. ** Ah, if so, yes. I stand corrected.

Eyes of the Hawk! Speed of the Puma!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtMK1vQgklqUznb6rlwR369DubYF?slug=cr-winnersandlosers121910 - Good read deflating the hype over Tebow's first start. Also good for this quote:

"From the experience of watching Rex Grossman operate for years in Chicago, the worst thing that could have happened for Washington is Grossman having a good game. I've seen the Bears get on this rollercoaster too many times. I can only say this: If Sunday's 322-yard, four-touchdown performance from Grossman further opens the door for him to be this team's starting quarterback, the 2011 season is being doomed before our very eyes. Remember I said that. The guy is absolutely an NFL siren. Or better yet, ask anyone who lived through Grossman's tenure with the Bears"

Except I totally want Rex to win that job because fuck the Redskins and also Mike Shanahan's penchant for benching QBs at the drop of hat is bound to result in some absolutely epic sideline drama given Rex's erratic tendencies. Make it Hai, Mike.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: December 20, 2010, 04:36:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 20, 2010, 03:12:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtMK1vQgklqUznb6rlwR369DubYF?slug=cr-winnersandlosers121910 - Good read deflating the hype over Tebow's first start. Also good for this quote:

"From the experience of watching Rex Grossman operate for years in Chicago, the worst thing that could have happened for Washington is Grossman having a good game. I've seen the Bears get on this rollercoaster too many times. I can only say this: If Sunday's 322-yard, four-touchdown performance from Grossman further opens the door for him to be this team's starting quarterback, the 2011 season is being doomed before our very eyes. Remember I said that. The guy is absolutely an NFL siren. Or better yet, ask anyone who lived through Grossman's tenure with the Bears"

Except I totally want Rex to win that job because fuck the Redskins and also Mike Shanahan's penchant for benching QBs at the drop of hat is bound to result in some absolutely epic sideline drama given Rex's erratic tendencies. Make it Hai, Mike.

Big Cheyenne?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: December 20, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »

Wow.

I hope he ripped Brandon Stokeley for doing the EXACT SAME THING last year for The Orton's against the Bengals in the first game of the year

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: December 20, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 20, 2010, 04:44:07 PM

Wow.

I hope he ripped Brandon Stokeley for doing the EXACT SAME THING last year for The Orton's against the Bengals in the first game of the year

When I saw Jackson running parallel to the goalline the angle from which it was shot made it appear that a defender in the end zone had a chance to tackle him before he turned in to the end zone.  But it was only the camera angle.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: December 22, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: December 22, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 22, 2010, 09:32:16 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 22, 2010, 09:15:46 AM
Sex Ryan

Lousy fucking Deadspin.

So, the Bears are going to win a game that is really a deserved loss because the tabloids are all over Rex and his wife now?

Let's see all the deserved losses the Bears have (not counting their four actual losses):

Detroit: Calvin Johnson's drop should have been a catch.
Dallas: How lucky were the Bears getting Dallas in Dallas the year Dallas sucked?
Green Bay: No explanation needed.
Carolina: If this was a real football team, the Bears would have been clobbered.
Buffalo: Uninspiring win against a winless team
Miami: Bobby Thigpen? Yancey Thigpen? Who was their quarterback?
Minnesota: Brett Favre had way may fun than Jay Cutler in this game at Soldier Field.
Philadelphia: The Bears almost gave away a big lead
Detroit (at Detroit): Drew Stanton looked almost competent. Plus, the Bears had to get an impassioned speech from Lovie
Minnesota (at Gophers): If the Metrodome roof didn't fall apart, if Favre wasn't 41 with a gimpy shoulder and 10 cent head, if the Vikings had a backup quarterback that has quarterbacked in the NFL recently, if Adrian Peterson was healthy, if Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice weren't rusty, if Bernard Berrian didn't suck, if Leslie Frazier didn't blow out his knee during a trick punt return (negated by a fair catch anyway) during Super Bowl XX, the Bears would have lost this one.
Jets: Rex Ryan too distracted by Virginia McCaskey's feet.

This is 2008 Lions territory, gents.