News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,476 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 16, 2010, 07:11:43 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 11:54:52 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 11:50:52 PM
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 11:35:20 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 15, 2010, 09:31:32 PM
http://www.sporcle.com/games/chicagobearsqbs.php

You'll laugh, you'll cry.

Mainly you'll cry.

Jay Cutler proved to be my purloined letter.  D'OH.  The only other one I missed was Steve Bradley and I honestly have no recollection of Steve Bradley whatsoever.  I don' teven knwo who he is.  When the hell did that happen?  

Hohensee started the first two strike games in 87 but got hurt. Bradley started the 3rd strike game and the regulars came back after that.

Huh.  I always thought Sean Payton started that third game, and found it odd that when I typed in "Payton" he showed up, but with a zero.  

Payton came in in relief of Bradley, I believe.

If only there was some sort of network of, say, computers that had such information. This is why we need new leadership. Our technology is lacking.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:56 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 16, 2010, 08:09:08 AM

Mainly you'll cry.

Jay Cutler proved to be my purloined letter.  D'OH.  The only other one I missed was Steve Bradley and I honestly have no recollection of Steve Bradley whatsoever.  I don' teven knwo who he is.  When the hell did that happen?  

Hohensee started the first two strike games in 87 but got hurt. Bradley started the 3rd strike game and the regulars came back after that.

Huh.  I always thought Sean Payton started that third game, and found it odd that when I typed in "Payton" he showed up, but with a zero.  

If only there was some sort of network of, say, computers that had such information. This is why we need new leadership. Our technology is lacking.

O RLY?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 16, 2010, 08:28:56 AM
Quote from: Yeti on September 16, 2010, 08:09:08 AM

Mainly you'll cry.

O RLY?

I just sucker punched my monitor.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »
Does Ben Roethlisberger own a hot tub?

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=89

Loophole!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »
Andy Reid reverses course, says Vick will start this weekend. I can only hope Vick returns to being Mike Vick and Philly just falls apart.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 13, 2010, 10:09:39 PM
6. Why did some people think Jason Campbell would be enough to make the Raiders respectable? And I mean some people who weren't even Raider fans.

Took Cable 6 quarters to realize this wasn't true.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 04:52:35 PM
Andy Reid reverses course, says Vick will start this weekend. I can only hope Vick returns to being Mike Vick and Philly just falls apart.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 22, 2010, 07:39:50 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2010, 04:52:35 PM

My bad. I just meant the on-field Vick that passed like the Black Bobby Douglass he truly is.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
Chan Gailey, bringing the meh. It must really, really blow to be a Bills fan.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »
Am I just a simple meathead because I don't like the NFL cracking down on these hits? I would hate to see a hit like Bennett's on that punter get Bennett a suspension (Punt returns often set up for huge fucking blocks, and that's sometimes the difference between a nice return and a TD). And that Robinson-Jackson hit? Violent and probably a little too "spear-y" but it wasn't helmet to helmet (it was helmet to shoulder pads [chest portion]). Goddammit, I love seeing these hits, too.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2010, 01:34:31 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 19, 2010, 01:23:49 PM
Am I just a simple meathead because I don't like the NFL cracking down on these hits? I would hate to see a hit like Bennett's on that punter get Bennett a suspension (Punt returns often set up for huge fucking blocks, and that's sometimes the difference between a nice return and a TD). And that Robinson-Jackson hit? Violent and probably a little too "spear-y" but it wasn't helmet to helmet (it was helmet to shoulder pads [chest portion]). Goddammit, I love seeing these hits, too.

Pretty soon they're going to legislate football out of the game completely and start calling it soccer.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »
Yes, you're a meathead.  These hits are kind of dangerous and I mean that in a way over and above the normal dangers of football as a rough contact sport.  This is all due to the lost art of the tackle.  These morons do this new missle tackle with no wrapping up and all it does is endanger both players.  They just want to make SportsCenter and do a gorilla walk down the field for laying out some defenseless wide receiver.  Way to go, asshole.

This is also partially the QB's fault, too.  Don't lead your receiver so that he gets decapitated.  Leading with the helmet is pussified.  I'll stand by that statement and scream it from the mountaintops.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 19, 2010, 01:36:07 PM
Yes, you're a meathead.  These hits are kind of dangerous and I mean that in a way over and above the normal dangers of football as a rough contact sport.  This is all due to the lost art of the tackle.  These morons do this new missle tackle with no wrapping up and all it does is endanger both players.  They just want to make SportsCenter and do a gorilla walk down the field for laying out some defenseless wide receiver.  Way to go, asshole.

This is also partially the QB's fault, too.  Don't lead your receiver so that he gets decapitated.  Leading with the helmet is pussified.  I'll stand by that statement and scream it from the mountaintops.

See, I wonder if part of that might be changes in the way players are built. I might be off here but it seems to me that if you have a WR or RB running full speed (which may be about 5mph faster than it was about 35-40 years ago) then there is a higher chance of bringing him down by drilling his ass. I'm probably wrong, but that's a thought. If I was Dunta Robinson, I don't know if I would have changed the way I hit Jackson. If anything I would have led with my shoulder, because in that situation, Jackson was teed up perfectly for getting drilled. I don't see how anyone would have been able to resist it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:46 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 19, 2010, 01:36:07 PM

Oh please.  Hit these fuckers as hard as you can.  You're making millions of dollars to entertain me.  SO ENTERTAIN ME!!!  As soon as some dumb monkey is knocked out of the game, another one that is just as awesome is there to take his place.  I say only hit with the helmet.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2010, 01:55:05 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 19, 2010, 01:44:10 PM
See, I wonder if part of that might be changes in the way players are built. I might be off here but it seems to me that if you have a WR or RB running full speed (which may be about 5mph faster than it was about 35-40 years ago) then there is a higher chance of bringing him down by drilling his ass. I'm probably wrong, but that's a thought. If I was Dunta Robinson, I don't know if I would have changed the way I hit Jackson. If anything I would have led with my shoulder, because in that situation, Jackson was teed up perfectly for getting drilled. I don't see how anyone would have been able to resist it.

There's no reason to lead with the helmet.  All you do is risk injury to yourself by jamming your neck and then to the receiver, who's usually defenseless.  Concussions aren't really great for you long term, and the argument can be made that these guys know this going in.  Still, going shoulder to shoulder would have done the same exact thing as the helmet to helmet hit and both guys would have gotten up.  There wouldn't be this stupid NFL rule changes bullshit.