News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,512 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: Eli on September 15, 2010, 10:40:00 AM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on September 15, 2010, 09:59:40 AM
I'll never forget the time I went to visit a friend in the Galesburg area.  The gas station was overloaded with Packers gear.  I asked my friend what the deal was with that, and he told me it was the result of Chicago hatred.  Enemy of my enemy is my friend, I guess.

Must have been a rogue gas station. I'd say that a huge majority of people down there are Bears fans.  However, my best friend growing up was the dreadedBears/Cardinals combination that Apex mentioned.  I think the only year it really mattered was 2003, because it's been rare that the two teams were both good in the same year. Also, he hates La Russa and likes to make fun of Cardinals fans as much as I do, which helps.

Wait...

Yeah, that was unclear. I meant Cubs/Cardinals.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 10:14:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:11:55 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 15, 2010, 10:10:28 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:00:47 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 15, 2010, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 09:50:52 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 15, 2010, 09:43:16 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 09:40:49 AM
I just want to add that Bears fans are fucking horrible, awful, rotten meatballs who should be shot in the face with a ball of their own foeces. Present company included.

I think the moral of this is that all sports fans are fucking horrible as a rule.

The worst being those in closest proximity to you.

Indeed. Indy is primarily a Cubs town if it's anything baseball-wise. South of that the Reds are a factor but we all know there are no such thing as Reds fans. Any scum from The Region that considers itself of Sox fan most likely also roots for our beloved Bears. What's the terrain like downstate Illinois? Are there crossover Bears/Cardinal fans dragging knuckles aobut? That sounds particularly offensive to me.

There are Bear/Cardinal fans down south. Out here, though, there's the dreaded Packer/Cardinal combo, which doesn't make even the remotest fucking sense geographically and can only be indicative of bandwagon fans who still want to see their team live without hopping on a plane. Fuck them.

There's nothing worse than a Cubs (or Sox) fan from the Region that betrayed their timezone and their Bears to root for the team from Indiana. It's funny how they never considered themselves Hoosiers until the Colts started winning. It breaks my heart.

My uncle is such a person. He's lived in Indy for a long time though.

Did he make the switch pre or post Manning?

I don't know. Yes?

It's only legit if he made the switch the year that the Colts skulked their way out of Baltimore and came to the Indy and he chose them because they were now the home team. If he waited out the dogshit years of the Colts in the 80s and 90s while enjoying the Ditka Bears, THEN made the switch, well, then there's just no getting around the fact that he's a horrible human being.

His sons who are the same age as I am grew up huge Bears fans. We were always decked out in Bears and Cubs shit growing up. I visited with them a couple Christmases ago and they were busy slobbing on Colt dong while I had to go out to my car to pick up BEARS RADIOOOOOOOOOOOO WBBM. I basically disowned them and haven't talked to them since. Turds.

SKO's totally right, and you did the right thing disowning them.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 15, 2010, 10:46:38 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: Eli on September 15, 2010, 10:40:00 AM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on September 15, 2010, 09:59:40 AM
I'll never forget the time I went to visit a friend in the Galesburg area.  The gas station was overloaded with Packers gear.  I asked my friend what the deal was with that, and he told me it was the result of Chicago hatred.  Enemy of my enemy is my friend, I guess.

Must have been a rogue gas station. I'd say that a huge majority of people down there are Bears fans.  However, my best friend growing up was the dreadedBears/Cardinals combination that Apex mentioned.  I think the only year it really mattered was 2003, because it's been rare that the two teams were both good in the same year. Also, he hates La Russa and likes to make fun of Cardinals fans as much as I do, which helps.

Wait...

Yeah, that was unclear. I meant Cubs/Cardinals.

Both were "good" in 2004 too then. But by then you and your soulmate had parted ways?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
Quote from: Tony on September 15, 2010, 10:47:42 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 10:14:29 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:11:55 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 15, 2010, 10:10:28 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 10:00:47 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 15, 2010, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 09:50:52 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 15, 2010, 09:43:16 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 15, 2010, 09:40:49 AM
I just want to add that Bears fans are fucking horrible, awful, rotten meatballs who should be shot in the face with a ball of their own foeces. Present company included.

I think the moral of this is that all sports fans are fucking horrible as a rule.

The worst being those in closest proximity to you.

Indeed. Indy is primarily a Cubs town if it's anything baseball-wise. South of that the Reds are a factor but we all know there are no such thing as Reds fans. Any scum from The Region that considers itself of Sox fan most likely also roots for our beloved Bears. What's the terrain like downstate Illinois? Are there crossover Bears/Cardinal fans dragging knuckles aobut? That sounds particularly offensive to me.

There are Bear/Cardinal fans down south. Out here, though, there's the dreaded Packer/Cardinal combo, which doesn't make even the remotest fucking sense geographically and can only be indicative of bandwagon fans who still want to see their team live without hopping on a plane. Fuck them.

There's nothing worse than a Cubs (or Sox) fan from the Region that betrayed their timezone and their Bears to root for the team from Indiana. It's funny how they never considered themselves Hoosiers until the Colts started winning. It breaks my heart.

My uncle is such a person. He's lived in Indy for a long time though.

Did he make the switch pre or post Manning?

I don't know. Yes?

It's only legit if he made the switch the year that the Colts skulked their way out of Baltimore and came to the Indy and he chose them because they were now the home team. If he waited out the dogshit years of the Colts in the 80s and 90s while enjoying the Ditka Bears, THEN made the switch, well, then there's just no getting around the fact that he's a horrible human being.

His sons who are the same age as I am grew up huge Bears fans. We were always decked out in Bears and Cubs shit growing up. I visited with them a couple Christmases ago and they were busy slobbing on Colt dong while I had to go out to my car to pick up BEARS RADIOOOOOOOOOOOO WBBM. I basically disowned them and haven't talked to them since. Turds.

SKO's totally right, and you did the right thing disowning them.

This is TRUTH.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 14, 2010, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 12:45:20 PM
Quote from: Bort on September 14, 2010, 12:30:36 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2010, 11:23:17 AM
If the Colts don't bother you, then you must not ever have to deal with Colts fans. If that's the case, you're lucky.

THI

We had a kid in my high school that was the biggest bandwagon Colts fan I've ever met in my life. During our sports history class we decided to have  madden tournament for the last three days of class since we voted to take our final early. We drew lots in order to determine a draft order for picking teams, and this kid paid 15 dollars just to move up and draft the Colts. Then he lost in the first round. I don't really hate the Colts. I just find that story hilarious and pathetic.

Sports history class? No wonder Iowa lags behind the world.

Anyway, the only "Colts" fans I've dealt with/seen are women, and as most women are shitty sports fans (sorry if somehow I offended anyone's wife/fiancee/girlfriend/fuckbuddy), it doesn't phase me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know there was an article in the mid/late 80's in the Tribune about football players' class schedules at Iowa. Some of the HARD classes were like coaching sports, billiards and basketweaving. So a high school class with sports history in Iowa's not too shocking.

Btw, most obnoxious and ignorant fans are Slacker fans, no competiition.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 04:53:44 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 15, 2010, 04:14:33 PM
If the Colts don't bother you, then you must not ever have to deal with Colts fans. If that's the case, you're lucky.

THI

We had a kid in my high school that was the biggest bandwagon Colts fan I've ever met in my life. During our sports history class we decided to have  madden tournament for the last three days of class since we voted to take our final early. We drew lots in order to determine a draft order for picking teams, and this kid paid 15 dollars just to move up and draft the Colts. Then he lost in the first round. I don't really hate the Colts. I just find that story hilarious and pathetic.

Anyway, the only "Colts" fans I've dealt with/seen are women, and as most women are shitty sports fans (sorry if somehow I offended anyone's wife/fiancee/girlfriend/fuckbuddy), it doesn't phase me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know there was an article in the mid/late 80's in the Tribune about football players' class schedules at Iowa. Some of the HARD classes were like coaching sports, billiards and basketweaving. So a high school class with sports history in Iowa's not too shocking.

Jeff Winger: Now, are we here to talk about clothes like girls, or are we going to hit balls around with sticks like men?

Coach Bogner: Balls, like men!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 15, 2010, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 15, 2010, 04:14:33 PM

THI

Jeff Winger: Now, are we here to talk about clothes like girls, or are we going to hit balls around with sticks like men?

Coach Bogner: Balls, like men!

Out on DVD next Tuesday, ogdens.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
http://www.sporcle.com/games/chicagobearsqbs.php

You'll laugh, you'll cry.

Mainly you'll cry.

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 15, 2010, 09:31:32 PM

Mainly you'll cry.

I found that one awhile back. The two strike quarterbacks were the ones I couldn't get. Their QBs of the 2000s quiz is really difficult as well. As far as Bears QBs go, well, I'd link to my own blog, but since I know that's frowned upon I'll just link directly to this powerpoint I made before last year of all the Bears QBs since Luckman, if you really want to cry:  http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/StartKyleOrton-229742-bears-qbs-sports-ppt-powerpoint/
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »

Mainly you'll cry.

Jay Cutler proved to be my purloined letter.  D'OH.  The only other one I missed was Steve Bradley and I honestly have no recollection of Steve Bradley whatsoever.  I don' teven knwo who he is.  When the hell did that happen? 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 11:35:20 PM

Mainly you'll cry.

Jay Cutler proved to be my purloined letter.  D'OH.  The only other one I missed was Steve Bradley and I honestly have no recollection of Steve Bradley whatsoever.  I don' teven knwo who he is.  When the hell did that happen? 

Hohensee started the first two strike games in 87 but got hurt. Bradley started the 3rd strike game and the regulars came back after that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 11:50:52 PM

Mainly you'll cry.

Jay Cutler proved to be my purloined letter.  D'OH.  The only other one I missed was Steve Bradley and I honestly have no recollection of Steve Bradley whatsoever.  I don' teven knwo who he is.  When the hell did that happen?  

Hohensee started the first two strike games in 87 but got hurt. Bradley started the 3rd strike game and the regulars came back after that.

Huh.  I always thought Sean Payton started that third game, and found it odd that when I typed in "Payton" he showed up, but with a zero.  
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 12:31:39 AM »

Mainly you'll cry.

Other than McMahon & Cutler that list is a cavalcade of suck. I had erased most of those clowns from my memory bank.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:10 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 16, 2010, 12:31:39 AM

Mainly you'll cry.

Other than McMahon & Cutler that list is a cavalcade of suck. I had erased most of those clowns from my memory bank.

Erik Kramer was ok-ish.

And Jim Miller was decent at times.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2010, 07:11:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2010, 11:54:52 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2010, 11:50:52 PM

Mainly you'll cry.

Jay Cutler proved to be my purloined letter.  D'OH.  The only other one I missed was Steve Bradley and I honestly have no recollection of Steve Bradley whatsoever.  I don' teven knwo who he is.  When the hell did that happen?  

Huh.  I always thought Sean Payton started that third game, and found it odd that when I typed in "Payton" he showed up, but with a zero.  

Payton came in in relief of Bradley, I believe.