News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 60,434 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2010, 07:40:46 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2010, 10:17:02 PM
Jesus Christ. Michael Vick may be putting up the greatest game in the history of the quarterback position.

I can't tell if this will stick with Vick.  Is he really this good?  Or did teams forget how to scheme for him?  Kevin Kolb weeps in a corner of dispair.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:25 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 16, 2010, 07:40:46 AM
Jesus Christ. Michael Vick may be putting up the greatest game in the history of the quarterback position.

I can't tell if this will stick with Vick.  Is he really this good?  Or did teams forget how to scheme for him?  Kevin Kolb weeps in a corner of dispair.

I hate the guy, and every week that he's played I've tried finding something to point out that he did wrong. Washington has a shitty defense, and it was only a matter of time before they broke, but...Jesus. As much as I want to stab Jon Gruden in the neck with a pair of scissors, Vick really did look like a black Steve Young out there.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2010, 08:22:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 16, 2010, 08:09:25 AM

I hate the guy, and every week that he's played I've tried finding something to point out that he did wrong. Washington has a shitty defense, and it was only a matter of time before they broke, but...Jesus. As much as I want to stab Jon Gruden in the neck with a pair of scissors, Vick really did look like a black Steve Young out there.

The old Vick used to take off running and try to gun it off balance at the first sign of trouble. This mature, rehabilitated Vick finds just enough room to use his hand cannon to devastating effect. It's exactly the kind of thing that ought to ruin the Bears' defense. And Philly has the kind of receivers that can stretch the hell out of the field. Of course, it ought to ruin the defense of all the teams I hate the most too, so there's that.

The only hope is that Vick adds to his highlight reel of hits that he takes unnecissarily before ending up on the shelf with a torn something or other.

How would you like to see the Bears play these dudes in Philly come January? Fuck... shit. /Sadsack Apex
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »

This guy, Mike Vick, he can play!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2010, 08:48:18 AM »
So are there any national NFL writers who I could follow that are worth a damn? I'm thinking someone along the lines of a Joe Posnanski in beisbol or a Kelly Dwyer/Adrian Woj in basketball. You know, someone who clearly enjoys the sport they write about, attempts to learn me a thing or two about it, and isn't a smarmy penis like Michael Silver or a clueless buffoon like Peter King.

And yes, I'm already a platinum member at Start Kyle Orton.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 16, 2010, 08:48:18 AM
So are there any national NFL writers who I could follow that are worth a damn? I'm thinking someone along the lines of a Joe Posnanski in beisbol or a Kelly Dwyer/Adrian Woj in basketball. You know, someone who clearly enjoys the sport they write about, attempts to learn me a thing or two about it, and isn't a smarmy penis like Michael Silver or a clueless buffoon like Peter King.

Intrepid Reader: Dr. Z

Hi.

No, but seriously, I've found a few decent reads here: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 16, 2010, 08:48:18 AM

Our own Brad Biggs really isn't bad. The staff at National Football Post isn't terrible. Actually, the columnists at NFL.com aren't terrible either. Just avoid Yahoo Sports, ESPN, SI, Fanhouse, Profootballtalk (okay, it's a necessary evil for all of the  updates, but anytime Florio inserts his pencil-dicked opinion into anything I just want to shove his smug little penisface into a toilet until I see that last merciful bubble go "bloop"). Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus are good, but you have to pay for any of their real in-depth stuff. Smartfootball.com is awesome for the X's and O's, but he mostly covers college football.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 16, 2010, 08:22:15 AM

The old Vick used to take off running and try to gun it off balance at the first sign of trouble. This mature, rehabilitated Vick finds just enough room to use his hand cannon to devastating effect. It's exactly the kind of thing that ought to ruin the Bears' defense. And Philly has the kind of receivers that can stretch the hell out of the field. Of course, it ought to ruin the defense of all the teams I hate the most too, so there's that.

The only hope is that Vick adds to his highlight reel of hits that he takes unnecissarily before ending up on the shelf with a torn something or other.

How would you like to see the Bears play these dudes in Philly come January? Fuck... shit. /Sadsack Apex

Also, take it down a notch, son. He was undeniably brilliant last night, but that was also against a Redskins defense that ranked 30th in the NFL before last night and had zero pass rush. DeSean Jackson just did what Johnny Knox should have done and pulled a double move on Hall to take advantage of that fucker sitting one every god damn short route. The Redskins had been lucky before the Detroit game that they were winning the turnover battle despite opposing teams moving the ball at will against them. Besides, the defenses that Vick has faced this year as a starter: Detroit (21), Jacksonville (28), Washington (32), and Indianapolis (18). I'm not opening any veins until I see that he can outrun or fool the Peppers/Briggs/Urlacher Triumvirate of Pain.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 16, 2010, 09:41:32 AM

Also, take it down a notch, son. He was undeniably brilliant last night, but that was also against a Redskins defense that ranked 30th in the NFL before last night and had zero pass rush. DeSean Jackson just did what Johnny Knox should have done and pulled a double move on Hall to take advantage of that fucker sitting one every god damn short route. The Redskins had been lucky before the Detroit game that they were winning the turnover battle despite opposing teams moving the ball at will against them. Besides, the defenses that Vick has faced this year as a starter: Detroit (21), Jacksonville (28), Washington (32), and Indianapolis (18). I'm not opening any veins until I see that he can outrun or fool the Peppers/Briggs/Urlacher Triumvirate of Pain.

Their defense is fast and hits hard too. They may not be the 1988-89 49ers but I still wish ill upon them.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »
DeSean Jackson's best contribution was his post-game quote:

QuoteJackson's take? He said there were "some disrespectful things" said by players who "take this football a little bit too serious." But then he uttered what would appear to be an unintentionally
insensitive remark, given Vick's recent jail time on a dogfighting conviction.
"The pregame altercation got us going. It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped," Jackson said. "We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301115028

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 16, 2010, 09:44:50 AM

QuoteJackson's take? He said there were "some disrespectful things" said by players who "take this football a little bit too serious." But then he uttered what would appear to be an unintentionally
"The pregame altercation got us going. It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped," Jackson said. "We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage."

Oops.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 16, 2010, 09:43:33 AM

I can't tell if this will stick with Vick.  Is he really this good?  Or did teams forget how to scheme for him?  Kevin Kolb weeps in a corner of dispair.

Their defense is fast and hits hard too. They may not be the 1988-89 49ers but I still wish ill upon them.

And is 22nd in the NFL in points allowed.

Don't get me wrong. They're a very good team. But there's a reason they have 3 losses. They allowed Kerry fucking Collins to score 27 points on them in the 4th quarter.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:15 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 16, 2010, 09:49:19 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 16, 2010, 09:44:50 AM

Oops.

Now that I think about it - there's no way he wasn't paid by someone to say this.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 16, 2010, 09:51:59 AM

I can't tell if this will stick with Vick.  Is he really this good?  Or did teams forget how to scheme for him?  Kevin Kolb weeps in a corner of dispair.

Don't get me wrong. They're a very good team. But there's a reason they have 3 losses. They allowed Kerry fucking Collins to score 27 points on them in the 4th quarter.

None of that matters. Nothing happening now will matter come January. That's the beauty of all this parity. As teams get injured and schedules soften everybody regresses to the mean. You know what that means? Bear Weather. Bear Football. Catch the feeling. Mediocre as dick since 1989. This is our time. Let's get it. Chicago Bears stand up. Tweet that. Meme that. Take a big lick of that that. Pause.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 16, 2010, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 16, 2010, 09:51:59 AM

None of that matters. Nothing happening now will matter come January.

What about come November 28?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.