News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 61,168 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 22, 2010, 03:28:18 PM
There's one possibility I really like...

Falcons, Bears, Eagles, NFC West winner, Saints, Giants

First round: Saints beat the NFC winner, Eagles beat the Giants (Again)

That sets up Saints-Falcons and Bears-Eagles. Either the Saints will have beaten the Falcons in Atlanta once (So they know they can do it again) or the Falcons will have to beat New Orleans three times in a season (Very hard to do). I like the Saints either way, and for some reason Atlanta teams struggle in their respective postseasons whether it is the Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Yellow Jackets, yada yada yada. As for Eagles-Bears, the Bears have had Vick's number through his entire career (He's never won as a starter against the Bears) and the Eagles have had some injuries to that defense.

So, if the Bears win that one, then that sets up Bears-Saints at Soldier Field in a repeat of 2006.

You know what's even harder than beating a team 3 times in one season?

Beating a team that has already beaten you twice.

I know people like to cite the "it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a year" cliche, but it's actually not true.

Teams that have won the first two meetings are 12-7 in the third meeting.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »
I kind of have to wonder though, if everyone but us (Bear fans) doesn't think the Bears are that good - isn't it probable that we're the ones that are wrong?

(runs, closes door, pushes dresser drawer filled with pennies in front of closed door, shit the door opens OUT, moves dresser filled with pennies back to regular location, locks door)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 22, 2010, 05:17:26 PM
I kind of have to wonder though, if everyone but us (Bear fans) doesn't think the Bears are that good - isn't it probable that we're the ones that are wrong?

(runs, closes door, pushes dresser drawer filled with pennies in front of closed door, shit the door opens OUT, moves dresser filled with pennies back to regular location, locks door)

It could be that we're the ones that are wrong. But we could be 98,891 kinds of wrong and the Bears could be the shittiest Super Bowl Champion in history and that would be great.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »

As a non-Bears fan speaking here, I don't think that any other NFC team is clearly better than the Bears.

Other than the Patriots, there doesn't seem to be any team in the league that the Bears couldn't compete against.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »
Oh, how humiliating. My memory failed me, for some reason I thought the Giants had beaten Philly in the first matchup. My mistake.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: December 22, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 22, 2010, 06:03:02 PM
Oh, how humiliating. My memory failed me, for some reason I thought the Giants had beaten Philly in the first matchup. My mistake.

Oh, my heavens!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: December 22, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 22, 2010, 05:19:23 PM

It could be that we're the ones that are wrong. But we could be 98,891 kinds of wrong and the Bears could be the shittiest Super Bowl Champion in history and that would be great.

And yet Fro would still be wronger.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2010, 11:42:52 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 22, 2010, 05:19:23 PM

You couldn't have said it better.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: December 23, 2010, 06:35:21 AM »

Here's my question.  If you can move a dresser drawer full of pennies all by yourself, why do you think a mob with torches and pitchforks couldn't do it?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: December 23, 2010, 07:11:12 AM »

Maybe. But the stats just don't bear up that the Bears are much worse than the rest of those teams. Especially not in the second half. I tend to side with them. Also, considering I heard media members say shit like "I'll eat my laptop if the Bears win the division.." in 2005 or watched every pundit on ESPN choose both the Seahawks and the Saints in the 2006 playoffs, I have to just assume that they don't like the Bears. The problem especially is that the Eagles are a compelling story, the Giants are a New York team, and the Saints and Falcons were expected to be good before the season, and they like nothing more than being right. Gun to my head I wouldn't say the Bears will win the Superbowl this year, but I'm just not seeing what it is in the other NFC teams that makes the Bears some kind of second tier team.

And MY perfect scenario is this:

Falcons 1 seed
Bears 2 seed
Giants vs. Eagles
Saints vs. NFC West Team after Drew Brees is concussed (sorry Breesus) and the world discovers that Chase Daniel is his back up.

then Giants vs. Falcons, NFC West Team vs. Bears
Then Bears go to the dome and win with 11 seconds left after an amazing TD throw to the corner of the end zone. Lovie decides to squib it to be safe, and we all count our millions.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:38 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 23, 2010, 06:35:21 AM

Here's my question.  If you can move a dresser drawer full of pennies all by yourself, why do you think a mob with torches and pitchforks couldn't do it?

In this scenario I had ample time before the mob read my comments and motored over to my place of residence. Also, I had a really helpful dolly in my room.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 23, 2010, 08:48:38 AM

In this scenario I had ample time before the mob read my comments and motored over to my place of residence. Also, I had a really helpful dolly in my room.

In my scenario, I've brought Murdersourus with me.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 23, 2010, 09:28:28 AM

Is that made by Ferrara Pan?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: December 23, 2010, 09:43:04 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 23, 2010, 09:34:55 AM

Damnit, I put an 'o' where there should be an 'a'.  I still don't know what Ferrara Pan is, though.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 23, 2010, 09:43:04 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 23, 2010, 09:34:55 AM

Damnit, I put an 'o' where there should be an 'a'.  I still don't know what Ferrara Pan is, though.

It's a candy company you lousy bum.