News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 61,190 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #360 on: December 28, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
With the Atlanta loss, would that mean a Bears win and an Atlanta loss next week mean the Bears get homefield advantage? Or is there more going on with that? I haven't heard anyone say the Bears are completely out of it, the #1 spot that is

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: December 28, 2010, 05:37:42 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 28, 2010, 01:30:51 AM
With the Atlanta loss, would that mean a Bears win and an Atlanta loss next week mean the Bears get homefield advantage? Or is there more going on with that? I haven't heard anyone say the Bears are completely out of it, the #1 spot that is

I wish there was a place that you could look up information on stuff.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:09 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 28, 2010, 05:37:42 AM

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/saints-beat-falcons-bears-can-still-get-no-1-seed.html
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:22 AM »
I realize I've mentioned this in the shoutbox, but do I dare say that Matt Ryan is overrated? His completion %, TD:INT ratio, and overall rating look good, but he averages just 6.4 YPA and he's got just 363 more passing yards than Cutler despite the fact that Cutler missed a game and a half and has almost 150 fewer attempts. Ryan is 27th in the league in YPA, tied with Kerry Collins and Shaun Hill and just barely ahead of Derek Anderson. He's been efficient in the red zone and hasn't turned the ball over much, but I dare his statistics suggest that he is, in fact, a game manager.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2010, 07:29:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 07:21:22 AM
I realize I've mentioned this in the shoutbox, but do I dare say that Matt Ryan is overrated? His completion %, TD:INT ratio, and overall rating look good, but he averages just 6.4 YPA and he's got just 363 more passing yards than Cutler despite the fact that Cutler missed a game and a half and has almost 150 fewer attempts. Ryan is 27th in the league in YPA, tied with Kerry Collins and Shaun Hill and just barely ahead of Derek Anderson. He's been efficient in the red zone and hasn't turned the ball over much, but I dare his statistics suggest that he is, in fact, a game manager.

Yeah, but he more than makes up for his shortcomings in pure dreaminess and teh ability to save an entire city from the horrors put upon it by dog-killing black people.

I really hope Mike Smith gets run over by an entire marching band sporting steel-tipped AIDS boots.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 28, 2010, 07:29:23 AM

Yeah, but he more than makes up for his shortcomings in pure dreaminess and teh ability to save an entire city from the horrors put upon it by dog-killing black people.

I really hope Mike Smith gets run over by an entire marching band sporting steel-tipped AIDS boots.

Not sure what the Falcons did to inspire this Pex-hate, but I approve.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 07:55:29 AM

If only I knew someone, anyone, willing to burn the entire state of Georgia to the ground. Military experience a plus...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2010, 09:14:01 AM

If only I knew someone, anyone, willing to burn the entire state of Georgia to the ground. Military experience a plus...

Done and done.

Adding...

Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on December 28, 2010, 09:51:19 AM
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2010, 09:14:01 AM

Done and done.

[comes out from behind smallpox banner]

I salute you, suh.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: December 28, 2010, 10:21:46 AM »

Or have others look it up for me.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: December 28, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »

I'd say he's rated. 

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: December 28, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 28, 2010, 10:25:37 AM

I'd say he's rated. 

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.

Actually not rated higher than Cutler, if you're using QB rating, or QB Rating+. If you're using nicknames, than I suppose the ever-lame Matty Ice still tops the Sulky QB.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:31 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 28, 2010, 10:21:46 AM

Or have others look it up for me.

The Falcons play Carolina at home next week.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: December 28, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 10:27:16 AM

I'd say he's rated.  

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.

Actually not rated higher than Cutler, if you're using QB rating, or QB Rating+. If you're using nicknames, than I suppose the ever-lame Matty Ice still tops the Sulky QB.

Do sacks figure into QB Rating? If only there were some sort of something something...

EDIT: http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: December 28, 2010, 10:56:11 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 28, 2010, 10:46:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 10:27:16 AM

I'd say he's rated.  

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.

Do sacks figure into QB Rating? If only there were some sort of something something...

EDIT: http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

Sacks don't figure into QB Rating, but if you go to Pro-football-reference and look at Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt that factors in yards gained plus a bonus for TDs - points for sacks and interceptions. That's more of a team statistic than an individual statistic since quarterbacks obviously aren't to blame for at least Most sacks. Cutler's Adjusted NYPA is 6.0. His Adjusted YPA (sacks not included) is 7.5 and his YPA is 7.9. Matt Ryan's YPA is 6.4, his Adjusted YPA is 6.6 and his ANYPA is 6.1. So basically, despite the fact that Ryan has taken 24 fewer sacks than Cutler, his team gains an average of just 0.1 yards more than the Bears every time he drops back to pass.