News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 61,205 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #375 on: December 28, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 10:56:11 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 28, 2010, 10:46:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 10:27:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 28, 2010, 10:25:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 07:21:22 AM
I realize I've mentioned this in the shoutbox, but do I dare say that Matt Ryan is overrated? His completion %, TD:INT ratio, and overall rating look good, but he averages just 6.4 YPA and he's got just 363 more passing yards than Cutler despite the fact that Cutler missed a game and a half and has almost 150 fewer attempts. Ryan is 27th in the league in YPA, tied with Kerry Collins and Shaun Hill and just barely ahead of Derek Anderson. He's been efficient in the red zone and hasn't turned the ball over much, but I dare his statistics suggest that he is, in fact, a game manager.

I'd say he's rated.  

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.

Actually not rated higher than Cutler, if you're using QB rating, or QB Rating+. If you're using nicknames, than I suppose the ever-lame Matty Ice still tops the Sulky QB.

Do sacks figure into QB Rating? If only there were some sort of something something...

EDIT: http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

Sacks don't figure into QB Rating, but if you go to Pro-football-reference and look at Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt that factors in yards gained plus a bonus for TDs - points for sacks and interceptions. That's more of a team statistic than an individual statistic since quarterbacks obviously aren't to blame for at least Most sacks. Cutler's Adjusted NYPA is 6.0. His Adjusted YPA (sacks not included) is 7.5 and his YPA is 7.9. Matt Ryan's YPA is 6.4, his Adjusted YPA is 6.6 and his ANYPA is 6.1. So basically, despite the fact that Ryan has taken 24 fewer sacks than Cutler, his team gains an average of just 0.1 yards more than the Bears every time he drops back to pass.

DAT CUTER GUY IZ TERIBEL.  WE NEED ORKMAN BACK!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
I realize I've mentioned this in the shoutbox, but do I dare say that Matt Ryan is overrated? His completion %, TD:INT ratio, and overall rating look good, but he averages just 6.4 YPA and he's got just 363 more passing yards than Cutler despite the fact that Cutler missed a game and a half and has almost 150 fewer attempts. Ryan is 27th in the league in YPA, tied with Kerry Collins and Shaun Hill and just barely ahead of Derek Anderson. He's been efficient in the red zone and hasn't turned the ball over much, but I dare his statistics suggest that he is, in fact, a game manager.

I'd say he's rated.  

Actually not rated higher than Cutler, if you're using QB rating, or QB Rating+. If you're using nicknames, than I suppose the ever-lame Matty Ice still tops the Sulky QB.

Do sacks figure into QB Rating? If only there were some sort of something something...

Sacks don't figure into QB Rating, but if you go to Pro-football-reference and look at Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt that factors in yards gained plus a bonus for TDs - points for sacks and interceptions. That's more of a team statistic than an individual statistic since quarterbacks obviously aren't to blame for at least Most sacks. Cutler's Adjusted NYPA is 6.0. His Adjusted YPA (sacks not included) is 7.5 and his YPA is 7.9. Matt Ryan's YPA is 6.4, his Adjusted YPA is 6.6 and his ANYPA is 6.1. So basically, despite the fact that Ryan has taken 24 fewer sacks than Cutler, his team gains an average of just 0.1 yards more than the Bears every time he drops back to pass.

Side note, what is Ryan's record away from the Georgia Dome?  I know he has an absurd winning percentage in the dome, but away from it, I do not know.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: December 28, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 28, 2010, 12:07:26 PM

I'd say he's rated.  

Side note, what is Ryan's record away from the Georgia Dome?  I know he has an absurd winning percentage in the dome, but away from it, I do not know.

If only there were some sort of...
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: December 28, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 28, 2010, 12:25:51 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 28, 2010, 12:07:26 PM

I'd say he's rated. 

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.

If only there were some sort of...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanMa00/splits/

G   W   L   T  Cmp  Att  Cmp%    Yds   TD  Int Rate  Y/A   AY/A  A/G   Y/G
Home  21  19  2   0  386  597  64.70%  4504  30  12  95.8  7.54  7.64  28.4  214.5
Road  24  13  11  0  477  827  57.70%  5321  34  22  79.6  6.43  6.06  34.5  221.7
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: December 28, 2010, 12:45:04 PM »

I'd say he's rated. 

But have you ever seen the Sulky QB get Iced by his bros? Didn't think so loser.

Tdubbs has been quietly laying the groundwork for a couple weeks now for his triumphant "I've been telling you fags all along the Bears suck" post if they lose in the playoffs.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: December 28, 2010, 01:22:36 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 28, 2010, 12:45:04 PM

I'd say he's rated. 

But have you ever seen the Sulky QB get Iced by his bros? Didn't think so loser.

Tdubbs has been quietly laying the groundwork for a couple weeks now for his triumphant "I've been telling you fags all along the Bears suck" post if they lose in the playoffs.

Quietly?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: December 28, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2010, 01:22:36 PM

I'd say he's rated. 

Quietly?

In that most people skip over his posts, yes.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: December 28, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 28, 2010, 02:23:27 PM

I'd say he's rated. 

Quietly?

Oh, okay. Yeah. I'll accept that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: December 28, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2010, 06:04:22 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 28, 2010, 02:23:27 PM

I'd say he's rated. 

Quietly?

Oh, okay. Yeah. I'll accept that.

I know I do.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: December 28, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
Mike Vick's going to set the single game record for should of been picks and nobody will ever hear or read about it. Except for you.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: December 28, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »
Skol Vikings
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: December 28, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »
8==================D~ ~~~ ~~~~

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: December 28, 2010, 10:21:29 PM »
Ha ha, fuck you Eagles.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: December 28, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »
Suck it Philly.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2010, 07:29:07 AM »

Nice to see the dogs beat Vick for a change.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16