News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2010 NFL Thread  ( 61,210 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your 2010 NFL Thread
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2010, 07:47:24 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 28, 2010, 06:16:31 PM
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2010, 06:04:22 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 28, 2010, 02:23:27 PM
Quote from: Bort on December 28, 2010, 01:22:36 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 28, 2010, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 10:27:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 28, 2010, 10:25:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 28, 2010, 07:21:22 AM
I realize I've mentioned this in the shoutbox, but do I dare say that Matt Ryan is overrated? His completion %, TD:INT ratio, and overall rating look good, but he averages just 6.4 YPA and he's got just 363 more passing yards than Cutler despite the fact that Cutler missed a game and a half and has almost 150 fewer attempts. Ryan is 27th in the league in YPA, tied with Kerry Collins and Shaun Hill and just barely ahead of Derek Anderson. He's been efficient in the red zone and hasn't turned the ball over much, but I dare his statistics suggest that he is, in fact, a game manager.

I'd say he's rated. 

Higher than Cutler, but rated.  He's Matty Ice.

Actually not rated higher than Cutler, if you're using QB rating, or QB Rating+. If you're using nicknames, than I suppose the ever-lame Matty Ice still tops the Sulky QB.

But have you ever seen the Sulky QB get Iced by his bros? Didn't think so loser.

Tdubbs has been quietly laying the groundwork for a couple weeks now for his triumphant "I've been telling you fags all along the Bears suck" post if they lose in the playoffs.

Quietly?

In that most people skip over his posts, yes.

Oh, okay. Yeah. I'll accept that.

I know I do.

I thought all his posts were just advertisements for gay jeans.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
So about next week....should Lovie go into full meatball mode (rivalry/momentum) and play everyone, or play it safe (Wes Welker) and let Clay Mathews destroy Todd Collins?

Someone please tell me what to think, because I'm not sure.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
Quote from: Tony on December 29, 2010, 10:51:59 AM
So about next week....should Lovie go into full meatball mode (rivalry/momentum) and play everyone, or play it safe (Wes Welker) and let Clay Mathews destroy Todd Collins?

There's a debate going in the Shoutbox about it this very instant. I think they should play the starters for one half, show absolutely NOTHING and rest everybody in the second half. SKO thinks you need to stay sharp and the way to do it is to go full-on against the Packers and try to knock a very dangerous team out of the playoffs, then rest on your well-earned bi week.

He says he won't complain either way. And I say this method worked for the Bears in 2006 and the Colts and Saints last year. I also say that the Bears can't afford an injury to Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, Cutler, Tillman or ANY starting offensive lineman. So if I see every one of those dudes in sweats come Sunday, I'd be good with it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2010, 11:00:21 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 29, 2010, 10:55:55 AM

There's a debate going in the Shoutbox about it this very instant. I think they should play the starters for one half, show absolutely NOTHING and rest everybody in the second half. SKO thinks you need to stay sharp and the way to do it is to go full-on against the Packers and try to knock a very dangerous team out of the playoffs, then rest on your well-earned bi week.

He says he won't complain either way. And I say this method worked for the Bears in 2006 and the Colts and Saints last year. I also say that the Bears can't afford an injury to Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, Cutler, Tillman or ANY starting offensive lineman. So if I see every one of those dudes in sweats come Sunday, I'd be good with it.

I'd rest Briggs, Tillman, and Pisa. Those are the three with nagging injuries. The others I'd play at least a half and see where things stand before pulling them.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 29, 2010, 11:00:21 AM

I'd rest Briggs, Tillman, and Pisa. Those are the three with nagging injuries. The others I'd play at least a half and see where things stand before pulling them.

Add Bennett and his ankle, and you got a deal.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: December 29, 2010, 11:15:46 AM »
Quote from: Tony on December 29, 2010, 11:02:50 AM

That means more Rashied for me and my Rashied bonar.  

On my way into the Eagles tilt this year I saw a dude in an official Rashied Davis jersey. I decided that it wasn't that deep. But close.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
I am grateful to the Vikings for getting the Bears a bye on Jan 9.  Without checking a calendar I bought tickets to see the LA Philharmonic broadcast nationwide in theaters on the 9th.  Don't scoff.  If you haven't seen Dudamel conducting you don't know what you have missed. 

An excerpt from 60 Minutes:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/extra-gustavo-dudamel-in-rehearsal/e02404282e49d3027f77e02404282e49d3027f77-328534327975?q=dudamel&FORM=VIRE3

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2010, 12:12:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 29, 2010, 12:03:32 PM
I am grateful to the Vikings for getting the Bears a bye on Jan 9.  Without checking a calendar I bought tickets to see the LA Philharmonic broadcast nationwide in theaters on the 9th.  Don't scoff.  If you haven't seen Dudamel conducting you don't know what you have missed. 

An excerpt from 60 Minutes:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/extra-gustavo-dudamel-in-rehearsal/e02404282e49d3027f77e02404282e49d3027f77-328534327975?q=dudamel&FORM=VIRE3

*scoffs*

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 29, 2010, 11:15:46 AM

On my way into the Eagles tilt this year I saw a dude in an official Rashied Davis jersey. I decided that it wasn't that deep. But close.

Rashied Davis may have hands made of granite, but he's awesome on special teams. His coverage of Brad Smith on that Jets fake punt was huge. Plus he's a damn good gunner.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: December 29, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 29, 2010, 12:16:19 PM

Rashied Davis may have hands made of granite, but he's awesome on special teams. His coverage of Brad Smith on that Jets fake punt was huge. Plus he's a damn good gunner.

I didn't ask for this fucking scouting report, Matt Bowen. Ra's hands will drink the blood of a non-believer.

FrankS

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 29, 2010, 12:48:01 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 29, 2010, 12:16:19 PM

I didn't ask for this fucking scouting report, Matt Bowen. Ra's hands will drink the blood of a non-believer.

You need to get Rashied's jersey from his days with the SaberCats.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: January 07, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
49ers: Next year's Super Bowl champs, or the next five in a row?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: January 07, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on January 07, 2011, 06:23:56 PM

I'm not sure about this. The Niners actually have some talent and they aren't far away from contending, especially in that division. Harbaugh could do well, but there's not much, schematically, about his Stanford teams that makes me think he's some kind of NFL guru. I think he's a dynamite recruiter and motivator. That won't do him much good in the NFL. Nowadays very few coaches make that jump without any kind of time at coordinator or something like that and are successful. I'd have to say he's 50-50 to be another Josh McDaniels that just pisses his players off and acts, in Apex's words, like every high school coach you've ever hated. Ironically, McDaniels was  supposedly a backup plan for the 49ers, so they must not mind.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: January 07, 2011, 08:09:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2011, 07:57:40 PM
Quote from: Night Man on January 07, 2011, 06:23:56 PM

I'm not sure about this. The Niners actually have some talent and they aren't far away from contending, especially in that division. Harbaugh could do well, but there's not much, schematically, about his Stanford teams that makes me think he's some kind of NFL guru. I think he's a dynamite recruiter and motivator. That won't do him much good in the NFL. Nowadays very few coaches make that jump without any kind of time at coordinator or something like that and are successful. I'd have to say he's 50-50 to be another Josh McDaniels that just pisses his players off and acts, in Apex's words, like every high school coach you've ever hated. Ironically, McDaniels was  supposedly a backup plan for the 49ers, so they must not mind.

This.

Harbaugh is a guy I really liked as a player.  But he strikes me as the kind of guy who has as much chance to fail as he does to succeed...and I think the McDaniel's analogy may prove not to be too far off.   $25M is a shit-ton of paper to lay for these odds.

I have to believe they will end up with Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, or Locker.  None of those guys strike me as a sure thing.  If they pick the wrong guy, this will likely be $25M down the loo.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
Well, this Saints- Seahawks game is... interesting.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.