News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears Fans Are Concussed, Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.  ( 24,803 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears Fans Are Concussed, Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »
CUTLER HOLDS BALL TO LONG & GOT WHAT HE DESSERVED. PLAY CALE BHANIE AND FORGET THAT MEALYMOUTHED HANGDOG CUTLER TRADE HIM ALONG WITH ZAMBRANO!!! CHICAGO DESSERVES A WINNAR!!!! LOVIE CAN GO FUCK OFF AND ADIE!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2010, 08:07:56 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 04, 2010, 08:02:59 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 07:52:52 AM
Last night I truly realized the dark side of having a franchise quarterback. In all of the other years in which the Bears have had god-awful offensive lines, I never really held my breath with the dread of losing Erik Kramer, Rick Mirer, Dave Krieg, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, or Brian Fucking Griese to any kind of significant injury. The franchise would "recover" because they could just throw another nameless journeyman out there to take his whacks. But Cutler? Christ almighty did it hurt to watch him take that beating. I'm aware that he'd been sacked 43 times in 19 games before last night, but last night was the first time I was truly afraid that he wouldn't get back up.

Right now, if they get Chris Williams back (not that he's that good, but he's at least better than what's out there right now) and settle on one offensive line and modify the protections and find some way to at least offer enough of a running threat that they can (wait for it) set up a few play action passes to kill the blitz I think they can still take advantage of their easy first half schedule and lock in that first round playoff exit. But if Cutler goes down...well, I know we'd all get our wish to see Lovie gone, but I'm still terrified Angelo's going to stay. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, other than Jesus Christ, I really, really fucking hate Jerry Angelo.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, you'd be a dumb hick from Iowa that still hasn't realized this team is not good.

Clearly, I'm nothing if not a blind optimist.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Giants Fans Are Ghey Like Their Quarterback - 10/03/10.
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2010, 08:46:58 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 03, 2010, 09:42:07 PMWhat's Zak Kustok doing? Besides, of course, funding dad's legal defense.

I'm a masochist, so I tuned in to the Comcast postgame show immediately following the game. Each analyst gives their opening remarks at the top of the show. After that tub of goo Jiggs went on for a couple minutes about being butthurt that the O line would tarnish the reputation of his proud franchise, Jim Miller noted that it's pretty hard to win a game when your first two quarterbacks "come home in bodybags." Too soon, Jim.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2010, 08:52:02 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 04, 2010, 08:46:58 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 03, 2010, 09:42:07 PMWhat's Zak Kustok doing? Besides, of course, funding dad's legal defense.

I'm a masochist, so I tuned in to the Comcast postgame show immediately following the game. Each analyst gives their opening remarks at the top of the show. After that tub of goo Jiggs went on for a couple minutes about being butthurt that the O line would tarnish the reputation of his proud franchise, Jim Miller noted that it's pretty hard to win a game when your first two quarterbacks "come home in bodybags." Too soon, Jim.

Jim would know better than most. If that was him out there they'd have needed to pick up his remains and take them off in a wheelbarrow.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:24 AM »
Last night I truly realized the dark side of having a franchise quarterback. In all of the other years in which the Bears have had god-awful offensive lines, I never really held my breath with the dread of losing Erik Kramer, Rick Mirer, Dave Krieg, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade McNown, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, or Brian Fucking Griese to any kind of significant injury. The franchise would "recover" because they could just throw another nameless journeyman out there to take his whacks. But Cutler? Christ almighty did it hurt to watch him take that beating. I'm aware that he'd been sacked 43 times in 19 games before last night, but last night was the first time I was truly afraid that he wouldn't get back up.

Right now, if they get Chris Williams back (not that he's that good, but he's at least better than what's out there right now) and settle on one offensive line and modify the protections and find some way to at least offer enough of a running threat that they can (wait for it) set up a few play action passes to kill the blitz I think they can still take advantage of their easy first half schedule and lock in that first round playoff exit. But if Cutler goes down...well, I know we'd all get our wish to see Lovie gone, but I'm still terrified Angelo's going to stay. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, other than Jesus Christ, I really, really fucking hate Jerry Angelo.

I liked how the Bears kept rotating offensive lineman last night. Someone would get his ass eaten by a Giants D-lineman, they'd replace him with something called Edwin or Webb, that guy would get his balls caved in, and they'd bring the first asshole back in. Good times. Is Lance Louis seriously injured? Why do I care?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:52:02 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 04, 2010, 08:46:58 AM

Jim would know better than most. If that was him out there they'd have needed to pick up his remains and take them off in a wheelbarrow.

Intrepid Reader: Hugh Douglass

Ok. I laughed.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2010, 08:56:59 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 04, 2010, 08:53:24 AM

I liked how the Bears kept rotating offensive lineman last night. Someone would get his ass eaten by a Giants D-lineman, they'd replace him with something called Edwin or Webb, that guy would get his balls caved in, and they'd bring the first asshole back in. Good times. Is Lance Louis seriously injured? Why do I care?

I like when Hester actually seemed to be breaking free on a screen and Edwin straight up tackled his ass. Good form tackle, too. As much as I like the "accountability" thing, they really need to get Williams back healthy and pick five guys and then try to ride them out. It's impossible to get in a groove and get up to game speed on the offensive line if you have 3 guys rotating every snap.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:56:59 AM

I like when Hester actually seemed to be breaking free on a screen and Edwin straight up tackled his ass. Good form tackle, too. As much as I like the "accountability" thing, they really need to get Williams back healthy and pick five guys and then try to ride them out. It's impossible to get in a groove and get up to game speed on the offensive line if you have 3 guys rotating every snap.

Rumor in the Trib is that the Bears may re-sign Jesus H. Beekman off the street for depth.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 04, 2010, 08:58:45 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2010, 08:56:59 AM

Rumor in the Trib is that the Bears may re-sign Jesus H. Beekman off the street for depth.

In case they need another undersized short guy to land in Cutler/Hanie/Kustok's lap? Bonar. Oleg? How's your knee?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »
What the fuck happened to the Bears last night?  Eleventeen sacks...in one half?  Damn.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 04, 2010, 11:12:20 AM
What the fuck happened to the Bears last night?  Eleventeen sacks...in one half?  Damn.

We're aware of it. Thanks.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 04, 2010, 11:19:31 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 04, 2010, 11:12:20 AM

We're aware of it. Thanks.

Well, at least you got to see some Caleb Hanie.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »
The only thing better than meathead fans is the guy the meatheads adore

Quote"I don't think anybody was open down field, because they had seven in coverage, but the quarterback has to get the ball out of his hands, too," Ditka said Monday on "Mike & Mike" on ESPN Radio. "He looked like he was not even aware of the pressure around him.

"That's all part of football, the quarterback has to have that little clock in his head that says 'I have to get rid of the football.' Jay Cutler didn't have it yesterday, that's for sure. "

Had he chucked it down the field people would have been bitching about his picks.

QuoteDitka said he noticed Lovie Smith's demeanor during the game, and Ditka said he would have reacted differently.

"Lovie is a low-key guy," Ditka said. "I couldn't believe ... I would have went [psycho] yesterday. I would have been ballistic. I watched him and he had complete control and composure. I guess that's good, but you have to call somebody out. The line coach or somebody had to call these guys over.

"Football to me is a game of pride. You get what you tolerate. If you tolerate the other guy beating you, that's what you're going to get. I look at it that way. This is me and you, one on one(11 on 11???). Forget the other guys. I'm going to win my battle, and if we have enough guys winning those individual battles, we'll win this football game. And that's the way you have to approach it."

Gentlemen, he's talking about toleration... BULLSHIT TOLERATION

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 04, 2010, 12:27:20 PM

Quote"I don't think anybody was open down field, because they had seven in coverage, but the quarterback has to get the ball out of his hands, too," Ditka said Monday on "Mike & Mike" on ESPN Radio. "He looked like he was not even aware of the pressure around him.

"That's all part of football, the quarterback has to have that little clock in his head that says 'I have to get rid of the football.' Jay Cutler didn't have it yesterday, that's for sure. "

Had he chucked it down the field people would have been bitching about his picks.[/b]

QuoteDitka said he noticed Lovie Smith's demeanor during the game, and Ditka said he would have reacted differently.

"Lovie is a low-key guy," Ditka said. "I couldn't believe ... I would have went [psycho] yesterday. I would have been ballistic. I watched him and he had complete control and composure. I guess that's good, but you have to call somebody out. The line coach or somebody had to call these guys over.

"Football to me is a game of pride. You get what you tolerate. If you tolerate the other guy beating you, that's what you're going to get. I look at it that way. This is me and you, one on one(11 on 11???). Forget the other guys. I'm going to win my battle, and if we have enough guys winning those individual battles, we'll win this football game. And that's the way you have to approach it."

That meathead Collinsworth was constantly saying the same thing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2010, 12:35:22 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 04, 2010, 12:32:52 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 04, 2010, 12:27:20 PM

Had he chucked it down the field people would have been bitching about his picks.[/b]

That meathead Collinsworth was constantly saying the same thing.

Like I said, the funniest thing is that he probably did hold the ball too long on two or three of those. Maybe even four. So that still leaves at least FIVE SACKS IN THE FIRST HALF that weren't his fault, like that number alone isn't something to be embarassed about.