News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Cubs Offseason: I, For One, Welcome Our New .196-Hitting Overlord  ( 69,438 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Cubs Offseason: I, For One, Welcome Our New Vorpdonkey Overlord
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 30, 2010, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: BC on November 30, 2010, 08:22:59 PM
Which shows how insignificant the regular season has become, as that 2006 Cardinals team was mediocre all year and even in postseason as well. Really, the Cardinals only won because the Mets pissed away two games in the NLCS (Games 2 and 7) and the Tigers pitchers couldn't throw to first base.

This.

Is Phil Rogers-level stupid.

You apologize.

To Phil Rogers.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2010, 07:14:52 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 01, 2010, 06:08:55 AM
Which shows how insignificant the regular season has become, as that 2006 Cardinals team was mediocre all year and even in postseason as well. Really, the Cardinals only won because the Mets pissed away two games in the NLCS (Games 2 and 7) and the Tigers pitchers couldn't throw to first base.

This.

You apologize.

To Phil Rogers.

I don't know about that.  Maude actually said the cubs should go after Jeter to and I quote...

"Cubs: With 20-year-old Starlin Castro looking like a rising star, Jeter doesn't fit at short. But he could add class at third base allowing Aramis Ramirez to be traded (Red Sox if Adrian Beltre leaves?) or moved to first base."

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2010, 08:41:14 AM »
Quote from: BBM on December 01, 2010, 07:14:52 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 01, 2010, 06:08:55 AM

This.

You apologize.

To Phil Rogers.

I don't know about that.  Maude actually said the cubs should go after Jeter to and I quote...

"Cubs: With 20-year-old Starlin Castro looking like a rising star, Jeter doesn't fit at short. But he could add class at third base allowing Aramis Ramirez to be traded (Red Sox if Adrian Beltre leaves?) or moved to first base."

I think it's safe to assume that the Trib does not mandate drug testing for its employees.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2010, 02:45:44 PM »
The Cubbies lost because they didn't have enough white guys playing grabass in Dero's hotel room.

Quote"If you don't have that cohesiveness, the friendships among players, the camaraderie, guys in the clubhouse joking around, playing cards, going out to dinner, hanging out in each other's hotel rooms -- if you don't have that, you're not going to win," Theriot said. "In '07 and '08, we had it. We had a different cast of players. We had Kerry Wood, we had (Mark DeRosa), Scott Eyre, Jason Marquis ... You start to look at the character guys we had on that team ... that stuff gets forgotten about."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2010, 02:45:44 PM
The Cubbies lost because they didn't have enough white guys playing grabass in Dero's hotel room.

Quote"If you don't have that cohesiveness, the friendships among players, the camaraderie, guys in the clubhouse joking around, playing cards, going out to dinner, hanging out in each other's hotel rooms -- if you don't have that, you're not going to win," Theriot said. "In '07 and '08, we had it. We had a different cast of players. We had Kerry Wood, we had (Mark DeRosa), Scott Eyre, Jason Marquis ... You start to look at the character guys we had on that team ... that stuff gets forgotten about."

This guy is an absolute piece of shit. So he's saying the Cubs need more white guys?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 02, 2010, 02:53:06 PM

This guy is an absolute piece of shit. So he's saying the Cubs need more white guys?

Al Yellon's kind of guy.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2010, 03:02:57 PM »

In Theriot's defense, the last time the Cubs won the World Series, they had ONLY white guys.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »

No. He's saying they need more shitty players, like Eyre and Marquis and Fontenot and Kevin Millar.

Fuck him. If camaraderie was so important to him why didn't he try extra hard not to piss of his teammates by running into outs and booting grounders?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »

You're drawing conclusions.

ETA:  This has nothing to do with white guys and everything to do with assclownery.  Not necessarily the same thing.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »
Marquis is a character guy?

Man, fuck Theriot.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 02, 2010, 03:05:34 PM

You're drawing conclusions.

ETA:  This has nothing to do with white guys and everything to do with assclownery.  Not necessarily the same thing.

I was kidding, swamptard. I don't actually think Theriot is a white supremacist.

Quote from: Brownie on December 02, 2010, 03:03:24 PMFuck him.

That's the ticket.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »
DPD. Vorpdonkey Overlord looks to be headed to the White Sox per the Score.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2010, 03:34:28 PM

Heyman concurs.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 02, 2010, 03:40:46 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2010, 03:34:28 PM

Heyman concurs.

"Bunting for show, VORP for dough."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2010, 04:13:40 PM »
Dunn done.  He's in Chicago now for as long as Soriano will be.  Albeit at $4 million less per year.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/12/white-sox-sign-adam-dunn-to-4-year-deal/1