News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Cubs Offseason: I, For One, Welcome Our New .196-Hitting Overlord  ( 68,606 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Cubs Offseason: I, For One, Welcome Our New Vorpdonkey Overlord
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 20, 2010, 10:24:37 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 20, 2010, 10:04:46 AM
Quote from: BBM on October 20, 2010, 10:01:01 AM
well considering Adam Dunn is the defacto number one FA target.  I'm guessing defense isn't a big priority.

Thome's defense at first would make the Donkey look like a Gold Glover.

He'd come cheaper too and play far fewer error-filled games due to injury.

I like this line of thinking.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 20, 2010, 09:38:52 AM
Anyone else excited for the Rangers to finish off the Yankees and Girardi to leave for the Mets? Oh that will some spectacular gnashing of tooth.

Not rooting for Kerry Wood is letting the terrorists win.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 20, 2010, 10:20:50 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 20, 2010, 09:20:20 AM
I hope Sandberg gets hired somewhere in the American League so I can root for that team.

TJ mode:

Brewers hire Joey Cora from White Sox.

Ozzie Guilen hires Ryne Sandberg as bench coach.

Guillen quits mid year to become full time Twiiter spokesperson.

Sandberg promoted to manager of the White Sox.

Looks like same old Chuck mode to me. Project much?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 20, 2010, 10:44:12 AM
Anyone else excited for the Rangers to finish off the Yankees and Girardi to leave for the Mets? Oh that will some spectacular gnashing of tooth.

They already won, dude. The govermnent's got cameras watching us at stop signs now. /freedom. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 20, 2010, 10:44:12 AM

THI

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 20, 2010, 10:48:09 AM
The Orange One stirs up some more Ryno-related trouble:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/david-kaplan-chicago-sports/2010/10/hendry-says-sandberg-is-welcome-back-in-iowa-1.html

Sandberg will join Alan Trammell and Matt Williams and Kirk Gibson and Eric Young and some other 1980s-1990s era All-Star on the Diamondbacks' staff as hitting coach. Then when this experiment inevitably fails, he'll be back in Chicago as a celebrity 7th-inning-stretch conductor.

Honestly, if Sandberg wants to remain around the Cubs, he should wait for Brenly to manage again or Santo to join the eternal departed. Less pressure, big bucks and so on in the booth.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 20, 2010, 10:15:16 AM
Why would the Cubs pay for Carl Crawford? What a complete waste of money.

In my mind he's the best CF (which he would play for the cubs and most teams not named the rays) to come on the market since Beltran.   He's also not going to be thirty till midseason and he's a power speed guys who tend to age well baring some unforeseen injury.

Might as well sell high on Byrd.   The media seem convinced they are also trading fukudome.  

Would rather have two OF's and one question mark (Colvin and Brett Jackson) than having to hope Colvin and Jackson both pan out and if they don't having to overpay for aging slugger or centerfielder or having to deal with a hot sam fuld/hoffpauier.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 12:55:55 PM »
Quote from: BBM on October 20, 2010, 12:50:58 PM

In my mind he's the best CF (which he would play for the cubs and most teams not named the rays) to come on the market since Beltran.   He's also not going to be thirty till midseason and he's a power speed guys who tend to age well baring some unforeseen injury.

Might as well sell high on Byrd.   The media seem convinced they are also trading fukudome.   

Crawford does lead all active players in triples. But there I go talking about stats again. (hangs head)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »

In my mind he's the best CF (which he would play for the cubs and most teams not named the rays) to come on the market since Beltran.   He's also not going to be thirty till midseason and he's a power speed guys who tend to age well baring some unforeseen injury.

Might as well sell high on Byrd.   The media seem convinced they are also trading fukudome.  

Would rather have two OF's and one question mark (Colvin and Brett Jackson) than having to hope Colvin and Jackson both pan out and if they don't having to overpay for aging slugger or centerfielder or having to deal with a hot sam fuld/hoffpauier.

Is this a bit?  Are you doing a bit?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 01:38:30 PM »

The dude's name is Carl.  I don't think he passes the name test, you know?  I don't give a flying fung what he's done in the past, he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can lead a team to success in the postseason, which is what the Cubs are going to need if they want to go deep in the playoffs.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 01:55:52 PM »
Even if Hendry does stay past his current deal what's to say he'd fire a manager?  He's been the GM since the end of 2002 and he hasn't fired one yet.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
Quote from: Andy on October 20, 2010, 01:55:52 PM
Even if Hendry does stay past his current deal what's to say he'd fire a manager?  He's been the GM since the end of 2002 and he hasn't fired one yet.

So he'd be the GM To Let Ryne Sandberg's Contract Lapse. Pussy-ass method of firing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
I'd support the re-signing of Kerry Wood to a one-year, incentive-laden contract with an option for another. But only if he promises to leave Mariano's medicine kit where he found it. I like my veteran relievers like I like my women: clean, natural and very, very hittable. 

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 11:22:08 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2010, 11:12:56 AM
I'd support the re-signing of Kerry Wood to a one-year, incentive-laden contract with an option for another. But only if he promises to leave Mariano's medicine kit where he found it. I like my veteran relievers like I like my women: clean, natural and very, very hittable. 

So you want him to come back to the Cubs and get pounded? 

You're daft.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs