News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears - Redskins 10/24/10: Affirmative Action QB comes back to Chicago  ( 25,011 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears - Redskins 10/24/10: Affirmative Action QB comes back to Chicago
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on October 24, 2010, 07:37:22 PM
I didn't catch the whole game today (thank God) but what was the deal with receivers (coughKnoxcough) just giving up on routes?

Devin and Knox both failed to come back to the ball on routes that Hall had jumped. They just sort of jogged behind the play while Hall took the ball away. The pick 6 and the final coffin nail were both Cutler's fault and nobody else's.

Still, they blocked much better after the first quarter. The running game got untracked for awhile and stayed that way. The defense played heroically. Six turnovers though. I insist this team is 8-8-ish and they actually could improve enough to slug it out for a division title - which means something no matter what people like Chuck will say. It's not looking good on the whole but it's not over yet.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 06:33:08 PM
Quote#Bears have now run 10 plays from the opponents' 1-yard line this season. They have 0 touchdowns and 2 turnovers.

This is our concern, dude.

Well, technically Cutler scored and the refs blew it/Lovie decided not to challenge it

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2010, 08:14:24 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 24, 2010, 07:45:22 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 06:33:08 PM
Quote#Bears have now run 10 plays from the opponents' 1-yard line this season. They have 0 touchdowns and 2 turnovers.

This is our concern, dude.

Well, technically Cutler scored and the refs blew it/Lovie decided not to challenge it

Worst non challenge ever.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 24, 2010, 04:30:28 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 02:44:26 PM
Chuck posting disgusting pictures during the Bears cast is the least amusing something something since the time he something something.

Chuck do ever get tired of getting ridiculed for being unfunny? Or do you just thrive on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hql3UxYBHIM
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 02:07:09 PM
Quote from: PANK! on October 24, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 01:59:36 PM
Quote from: PANK! on October 24, 2010, 01:56:18 PM
Shades of Joey Harrington and the Lions in 2002.

Which means something. What it is is hard to define.

Don't you remember that, though?  It was the *other* Lions game that season--the other being when Marty Mornihnwig failed to decline a penalty which would have supported his strategic move to kick off to start the second half?  Only in this game Harrington got sacked for a safety--or fumbled in his own endzone or some shit-- at the end of the game but the Lions had some illegal procedure, dead-ball infraction, nullifying that play?

Awesome times.

I didn't get that game on TV in Indy and listened in my car parked in front of my apartment. Oh, how I'd tried to forget. Thanks a bunch. IIRC, that game was the straw that broke Jauron's back per Jerry Angelo.

The Lions-Bears game at Ford Field in 2002 featured the Detroits scoring the winning TD in the last minute of the game AFTER the Bears stopped Detroit on 4th and Goal and apparently won the game.  Illegal shift on Schlessinger.

The second game was at Champaign in which Jim Miller relieved Chris Chandler, couldn't throw and was pitching to Marty Booker to attempt any pass > 10 yards. It went into OT, Detroit won the toss, decided they didn't care about their city's economy as much as PenFoe does and decided to defend the goal that was in the teeth of a 15 MPH wind. The Bears moved the ball quickly, Detroit accepted a penalty they should have declined, and Edinger took a break from drunk driving on lawns in Florida to kick a winning field goal.

DJ Moore's second INT should have counted. The Bears should have been 5-11 in 2002. That's all.

How's IAN doing today?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 07:43:33 PM
I didn't catch the whole game today (thank God) but what was the deal with receivers (coughKnoxcough) just giving up on routes?

Devin and Knox both failed to come back to the ball on routes that Hall had jumped. They just sort of jogged behind the play while Hall took the ball away. The pick 6 and the final coffin nail were both Cutler's fault and nobody else's.

Still, they blocked much better after the first quarter. The running game got untracked for awhile and stayed that way. The defense played heroically. Six turnovers though. I insist this team is 8-8-ish and they actually could improve enough to slug it out for a division title - which means something no matter what people like Chuck will say. It's not looking good on the whole but it's not over yet.

I have no idea what that means.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 24, 2010, 09:18:43 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 24, 2010, 07:43:33 PM

I have no idea what that means.

That explains a lot.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
I was at the game--was the bullshit 10-second after the ball was snapped, pick-six robbing, delay call legit, or was it as bullshit as it felt at the game?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 24, 2010, 11:13:14 PM
I was at the game--was the bullshit 10-second after the ball was snapped, pick-six robbing, delay call legit, or was it as bullshit as it felt at the game?

The play clock was on double-gooses before the snap. It actually flashes on and off when it hits zero. That the officials didn't see it and blow the whistle prior to the snap, allowing the ball-bursting turn of events to unfold seems like bullshit to me. The change in momentum didn't affect that Bears defense though, as they still got their three & out. Sour-tasting as it was they still needed it badly. But the turnovers... God damn.

I'm done being bummed about this. My cousin is paralyzed and he had to sit in his fucking wheelchair and watch the same damn game. Now what? Some things just aren't such a big deal. Fuckall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnbQZnBeCw

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 05:54:51 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 24, 2010, 03:06:49 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 24, 2010, 03:04:45 PM
Would I be overreacting to say that I'm giving up on Cutler winning a Super Bowl as a Bear?

No. Cutler seems to find ways to lose games for the Bears instead of win them.

Million dollar arm, ten cent head.

In any event, this should be the final season for Lovie Smith and/or Angelo.

Let me clarify. I give Cutler maybe a third at most of the blame for the turnover shitshow that we've seen in his Bears career.

My high school memories aren't nearly as vivid as Yeti's, so I'm not sure that I'm qualified to comment on QB mechanics. But to me, Cutler shows a tendency to get lazy with his reads and mechanics when things aren't going his way. And that tendency gets magnified like an ant under 6th grade Tdubbs's magnifying glass when you put him on a team with no continuity on the offensive coaching staff, an offensive line more disgusting than Huey's next fistula, and a group of wide receivers about as agressive as BC at a Christian Radio Professionals Mixer.

But just because the guy is surrounded by shit doesn't mean we can't at least try to judge his individual performance. Compare him to a hateworthy asshat like Rodgers, who over the last couple seasons has had an offensive line that's probably comparable to Cutler's in shittiness, but has only turned the ball over 18 times in the midst of 64 sacks. Cutler on the other hand - sacked 62 times while turning it over 37 times. A rough comparison but still not good.

I'm sure if the Bears cleaned house after this season, brought in a GM who could draft some offensive linemen and receivers who were worth a shit, and a coach/offensive coordinator who could coach them up, this offense could be ready to win in a few years. But if Cutler is surrounded by this ineptitude for much longer, I wonder if he might just fall into a permanent funk of sulking and sucking. I wouldn't necessarily blame him.

http://startkyleorton.blogspot.com/2010/05/jay-cutler-and-aaron-rodgers-or-all.html Since I've long since given up any pretense of Not being a blogwhore, I'll just link to that rather than copy and paste my explanation of why Aaron Rodgers offensive line was much, much better than Jay Cutler's last year regardless of any straight up comparison of sacks. Mostly the fact that Rodgers chucked it deep often and the Packers actually had a functioning run game. I'd throw out last year and look at the situation this year when comparing them, as both are on teams that have largely abandoned the run game due to injury or ineffectiveness and both still have leaky pass protection issues

Rodgers: 14 sacks, 9 turnovers
Cutler: 27 Sacks, 10 turnovers.

Rodgers is still the better QB, but he's been much more turnover prone this year because his offensive line this year is actually bad as people made it out to be and Green Bay's in the same situation as Chicago, where chucking it 35-40 times without the consistent threat of a running attack is the only way to move the ball, and defenses know it. Frankly, Jay sucked yesterday. It was embarrassing and should never happen again. I've got no qualms about saying that. What makes me so fucking tired (NOTE: RV's not doing this, nor am I accusing him of it) is that I hate how one bad game in 6 starts once again overrules everything he's done since the Minnesota game last year and invalidates him as a professional QB in the eyes of the mob. I'm done dealing with it. If you hate Jay Cutler, fine. I had to listen to a bunch of idiots in an airport in Seattle of all places blame him for every ill in the Bears universe BEFORE he threw pick #1. I can't win with these mouthbreathers. This city doesn't deserve a quarterback.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 09:34:39 AM »

There's room on the bandwagon for the Giants' march to a first-round bye and subsequent one-and-done in the playoffs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 25, 2010, 09:28:54 AM
Would I be overreacting to say that I'm giving up on Cutler winning a Super Bowl as a Bear?

Let me clarify. I give Cutler maybe a third at most of the blame for the turnover shitshow that we've seen in his Bears career.

My high school memories aren't nearly as vivid as Yeti's, so I'm not sure that I'm qualified to comment on QB mechanics. But to me, Cutler shows a tendency to get lazy with his reads and mechanics when things aren't going his way. And that tendency gets magnified like an ant under 6th grade Tdubbs's magnifying glass when you put him on a team with no continuity on the offensive coaching staff, an offensive line more disgusting than Huey's next fistula, and a group of wide receivers about as agressive as BC at a Christian Radio Professionals Mixer.

But just because the guy is surrounded by shit doesn't mean we can't at least try to judge his individual performance. Compare him to a hateworthy asshat like Rodgers, who over the last couple seasons has had an offensive line that's probably comparable to Cutler's in shittiness, but has only turned the ball over 18 times in the midst of 64 sacks. Cutler on the other hand - sacked 62 times while turning it over 37 times. A rough comparison but still not good.

I'm sure if the Bears cleaned house after this season, brought in a GM who could draft some offensive linemen and receivers who were worth a shit, and a coach/offensive coordinator who could coach them up, this offense could be ready to win in a few years. But if Cutler is surrounded by this ineptitude for much longer, I wonder if he might just fall into a permanent funk of sulking and sucking. I wouldn't necessarily blame him.

http://startkyleorton.blogspot.com/2010/05/jay-cutler-and-aaron-rodgers-or-all.html Since I've long since given up any pretense of Not being a blogwhore, I'll just link to that rather than copy and paste my explanation of why Aaron Rodgers offensive line was much, much better than Jay Cutler's last year regardless of any straight up comparison of sacks. Mostly the fact that Rodgers chucked it deep often and the Packers actually had a functioning run game. I'd throw out last year and look at the situation this year when comparing them, as both are on teams that have largely abandoned the run game due to injury or ineffectiveness and both still have leaky pass protection issues

Rodgers is still the better QB, but he's been much more turnover prone this year because his offensive line this year is actually bad as people made it out to be and Green Bay's in the same situation as Chicago, where chucking it 35-40 times without the consistent threat of a running attack is the only way to move the ball, and defenses know it. Frankly, Jay sucked yesterday. It was embarrassing and should never happen again. I've got no qualms about saying that. What makes me so fucking tired (NOTE: RV's not doing this, nor am I accusing him of it) is that I hate how one bad game in 6 starts once again overrules everything he's done since the Minnesota game last year and invalidates him as a professional QB in the eyes of the mob. I'm done dealing with it. If you hate Jay Cutler, fine. I had to listen to a bunch of idiots in an airport in Seattle of all places blame him for every ill in the Bears universe BEFORE he threw pick #1. I can't win with these mouthbreathers. This city doesn't deserve a quarterback.

That's not the problem for me. For whatever reason Jay is careless with the ball in the red zone. One would think after being criticized for turnover the ball over in the red zone multiple times last year he would learn and be more careful. There he is again yesterday throwing one up for grabs of which was the difference in the game. Everything else is forgivable, but he has to stop giving the ball away in the red zone with stupid throws.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »
Frankly, Jay sucked yesterday. It was embarrassing and should never happen again. I've got no qualms about saying that. What makes me so fucking tired (NOTE: RV's not doing this, nor am I accusing him of it) is that I hate how one bad game in 6 starts once again overrules everything he's done since the Minnesota game last year and invalidates him as a professional QB in the eyes of the mob. I'm done dealing with it. If you hate Jay Cutler, fine. I had to listen to a bunch of idiots in an airport in Seattle of all places blame him for every ill in the Bears universe BEFORE he threw pick #1. I can't win with these mouthbreathers. This city doesn't deserve a quarterback. [/i][/u]

THI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvxYesg3oi4

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 25, 2010, 09:45:02 AM

That's not the problem for me. For whatever reason Jay is careless with the ball in the red zone. One would think after being criticized for turnover the ball over in the red zone multiple times last year he would learn and be more careful. There he is again yesterday throwing one up for grabs of which was the difference in the game. Everything else is forgivable, but he has to stop giving the ball away in the red zone with stupid throws.

You might say he has a million-dollar arm and a ten-cent head.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
The 4-0 start notwithstanding, this never was a playoff caliber team.  So what difference does this loss make?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)