News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Why I hate the World Series  ( 6,582 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Why I hate the World Series
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
Reason #1:  It is never about watching a team that I want to see win, but which team I would prefer to see lose.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Why I hate the World Series
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:40:35 PM »
It always gets cancelled right before the Cubs' turn to play in it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:06 AM »
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 28, 2010, 08:51:42 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 08:51:06 AM

THI

Last year I watched a couple of games on the Spanish-Language station. It was about eleventy bajillion times more watchable that way. The mute button robs you of the game/crowd noise. I didn't understand all that much of what the Spanish announcers were saying and didn't really mind a bit. I'd say give it a shot unless you're very fluent in Spanish and find those announcers as douchey as Joe and Tim. I don't see how that's in any way possible however. Also, chicks in commercials on Spanish channel > dick.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 09:20:14 AM

THI

Last year I watched a couple of games on the Spanish-Language station. It was about eleventy bajillion times more watchable that way. The mute button robs you of the game/crowd noise. I didn't understand all that much of what the Spanish announcers were saying and didn't really mind a bit. I'd say give it a shot unless you're very fluent in Spanish and find those announcers as douchey as Joe and Tim. I don't see how that's in any way possible however. Also, chicks in commercials on Spanish channel > dick.

Why does my SAP button never work? Wait, I don't even have an SAP button.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 09:21:21 AM

THI

I can't support this Apex proposition at all. WHY DON'T WE WATCH THE SERIES IN FRENCH, TOO, PECKS? I OWE THE ILLEGALS NOTHING!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2010, 09:26:36 AM

THI

I can't support this Apex proposition at all. WHY DON'T WE WATCH THE SERIES IN FRENCH, TOO, PECKS? I OWE THE ILLEGALS NOTHING!

The difference is the illegals are a talent pool for the sport.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 28, 2010, 09:31:35 AM

THI

I'm just saying, TVs shouldn't even offer Spanish language options. Or advertise in Spanish. It's a culture war, here, Bort. We have to prevent our children from actually being able to communicate and cooperate with a vast and productive chunk of American society.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2010, 09:35:28 AM

THI

I'm just saying, TVs shouldn't even offer Spanish language options. Or advertise in Spanish. It's a culture war, here, Bort. We have to prevent our children from actually being able to communicate and cooperate with a vast and productive chunk of American society.

Whenever my wife utters something in Norwegian to my son I take out my cat o' nine tails and start handing out lashes.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 09:42:26 AM »

THI

MissVal just emailed me to say "THIS!!!" to that.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »
But there are some things to love about the World Series.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:49:08 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 09:36:59 AM

THI

Whenever my wife utters something in Norwegian to my son I take out my cat o' nine tails and start handing out lashes.

Frankly, Slak, Norwegian's fine. Let's just say as long as it's not one of, you know, those languages.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2010, 09:49:08 AM

THI

Frankly, Slak, Norwegian's fine. Let's just say as long as it's not one of, you know, those languages.

As far as I'm concerned it's the Devil's Tongue and you will not convince me otherwise.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 09:57:12 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 28, 2010, 09:49:08 AM

THI

As far as I'm concerned it's the Devil's Tongue and you will not convince me otherwise.

When did Slak become a Swede?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck