News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dongpocalypse Now: The Flusher - Bears at U of Minnesota - 12/20/10  ( 5,693 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Fuck these turds. I want my tee-shirt.

Or whoever the fuck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dongpocalypse Now: The Flusher - Bears at U of Minnesota - 12/20/10
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »
Notsofast Ape X.

QuoteBrett Favre has been upgraded from out to questionable for tonight's game against the Chicago Bears at TCF Bank Stadium.

Favre will test his injured right shoulder about 2 1/2 hours before the game to see if he can play. Favre was officially ruled out on Saturday because he was still experiencing some numbness in his right hand.

Rookie Joe Webb was expected to make his first career start, but Favre is going to see if there's a chance he can play.
"Brett Favre attempted to throw the football two days ago and was unable to, due to pain in the SC joint and residual numbness from a  brachial plexus injury," Vikings head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman told the team's website Vikings.com. "He declared himself out at that time. He woke up this morning feeling much improved. His symptoms and function have improved dramatically over the past 24 hours. In fairness to him and his team, he would like to be given the opportunity to play tonight if physically able."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
There's already 2-3 inches of snow on the ground in the Twin Cities and plenty more on the way:

This should be fun/awful/dangerous/REALoutdoorfootball.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 20, 2010, 12:50:32 PM
There's already 2-3 inches of snow on the ground in the Twin Cities and plenty more on the way:

I understand that they're expecting snowfall of a half-inch to an inch an hour during the game.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:40:47 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 20, 2010, 12:50:32 PM

I thought BC's angioplasty results were confidential?  How did you manage to get ahold of them?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 20, 2010, 12:42:08 PM
Notsofast Ape X.

QuoteBrett Favre has been upgraded from out to questionable for tonight's game against the Chicago Bears at TCF Bank Stadium.

Favre will test his injured right shoulder about 2 1/2 hours before the game to see if he can play. Favre was officially ruled out on Saturday because he was still experiencing some numbness in his right hand.

Rookie Joe Webb was expected to make his first career start, but Favre is going to see if there's a chance he can play.
"Brett Favre attempted to throw the football two days ago and was unable to, due to pain in the SC joint and residual numbness from a  brachial plexus injury," Vikings head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman told the team's website Vikings.com. "He declared himself out at that time. He woke up this morning feeling much improved. His symptoms and function have improved dramatically over the past 24 hours. In fairness to him and his team, he would like to be given the opportunity to play tonight if physically able."

With this game being played on a slab of ice, Brett probably figured the chance of realizing his dreams of martyrdom by dying on the football field was dramatically higher. Here's hoping Julius indulges his fantasy.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 20, 2010, 01:42:54 PM
Notsofast Ape X.

With this game being played on a slab of ice, Brett probably figured the chance of realizing his dreams of martyrdom by dying on the football field was dramatically higher. Here's hoping Julius indulges his fantasy.

And I thought this Division Clincher was going to be kind of dull and anti-climactic. Instead it's going to be wet dream frozen in time for as long as I'm alive. Oh, happy day.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
Notsofast Ape X.

This.

Not that it matters in this case, but I was shocked to hear that a player could be ruled "out" on one day and then upgraded to "doubtful/qstbl/probable" as late as the DAY OF GAME... I'm sure the game has been yanked off the tote boards, but Bellichek could have a lot of fun with injury reports this way.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 20, 2010, 01:51:10 PM
Notsofast Ape X.

This.

Not that it matters in this case, but I was shocked to hear that a player could be ruled "out" on one day and then upgraded to "doubtful/qstbl/probable" as late as the DAY OF GAME... I'm sure the game has been yanked off the tote boards, but Bellichek could have a lot of fun with injury reports this way.

Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't have used "doubtful." "Out" is supposed to mean 0% chance. If there's a 1% chance, you put doubtful. They've just rendered the entire injury report fucking pointless.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 20, 2010, 02:01:40 PM
Notsofast Ape X.

This.

Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't have used "doubtful." "Out" is supposed to mean 0% chance. If there's a 1% chance, you put doubtful. They've just rendered the entire injury report fucking pointless.

That is not the point.  The point is that Brett Favre is gutsy. He's fearless.  And this guy, he doesn't care about these terrible conditions, even when the Vikings have nothin' to play fer. The man LOVES football and just wants to play. 

This guy ... what a guy.

/jongrudentonight

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
Notsofast Ape X.

This.

It's Favruh. The NFL has no problem overlooking or changing the rules when it comes to him (i.e. the new playoff overtime setup).

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
It is confirmed.  Favuruh will start tonight.

DONG!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
Bears still unable to cover the gritty white guy play. Fuck my life. Favre, we're going to need that ball back, ok?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
Good lookin' out, brah.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »
I'm going to have a fucking heart attack.