News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

How much snow do we expect this upcoming snowstorm to yield by 7 pm Wednesday at O'Hare?

30"+
24-29"
18-23"
12-17"
6-11"
4-6"
2-3"
0.5"-1.5"
Trace amounts

Voting closed: February 01, 2011, 04:48:52 PM

Author Topic: Life-threatening Snow!  ( 12,484 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Life-threatening Snow!
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »
This poll will close in 24 hours. Also, feel free to share your stories of heroism as you stay indoors for 36 hours not showering nor leaving your PS3 as the snow of the century threatens to kill us all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Life-threatening Snow!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
We used to play the corners for dough. Rain. Hail. Snow.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 31, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

A lickey boom boom down.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
Quote from: BBM on January 31, 2011, 05:04:51 PM

A lickey boom boom down.

DOUBLE-YOU-BEE-BEE-EM!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
Oh sure, guys. Deny the Snowlocaust at your peril...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 31, 2011, 05:24:44 PM

SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!!!

SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!!

Exaggerated Average Winter in the Midwest!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 31, 2011, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 31, 2011, 05:24:44 PM

SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!!!

SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!!

Exaggerated Average Winter in the Midwest!!

SNOWTASTROPHE! SNOWTOMIC BOMB! SNOWVERREACTION!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »
There are those of us who remember the snow of ought 8.   Seems there was a fella with a goat who got upset about the outcome of the World Serious, which is what we called it in them days.  This was like a tournament to settle bragging rights between the Natural League players and that new bunch of teams that had just started up and included fellers on the south side who didn't have enough money to put together a uniform and the only article of clothing that most of 'em had in common was that most of 'em tended to wear stockings so they named theirselves after their sox which was as good a name as any except that you had to have a good imagination to think of them socks as bein' white.  Anyway there weren't any set rules on how many games it would take to decide who was the better team so they just played games until folks stopped payin' to see them and this upset this goat guy.  Don't ask me why, that is not part of this story.  Now before that time Chicago was in the tropic zone which meant that it never got below 75 degrees in the shade except at night when it was pretty much shady all over the place.  I am not sure what all of this had to do with the goat but it's part of the story so I'm leaving it in.  Anyway this goat guy laid a curse on Chicago and said that from now on there is going to be snow and we would call it winter and some day they would invent a game and call it football and it would be ok to play football in the snow but no one could play baseball because snow was the same color as the baseball and you couldn't see it for the snow.  And that is how Winter come about
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 31, 2011, 06:00:30 PM
There are those of us who remember the snow of ought 8.   Seems there was a fella with a goat who got upset about the outcome of the World Serious, which is what we called it in them days.  This was like a tournament to settle bragging rights between the Natural League players and that new bunch of teams that had just started up and included fellers on the south side who didn't have enough money to put together a uniform and the only article of clothing that most of 'em had in common was that most of 'em tended to wear stockings so they named theirselves after their sox which was as good a name as any except that you had to have a good imagination to think of them socks as bein' white.  Anyway there weren't any set rules on how many games it would take to decide who was the better team so they just played games until folks stopped payin' to see them and this upset this goat guy.  Don't ask me why, that is not part of this story.  Now before that time Chicago was in the tropic zone which meant that it never got below 75 degrees in the shade except at night when it was pretty much shady all over the place.  I am not sure what all of this had to do with the goat but it's part of the story so I'm leaving it in.  Anyway this goat guy laid a curse on Chicago and said that from now on there is going to be snow and we would call it winter and some day they would invent a game and call it football and it would be ok to play football in the snow but no one could play baseball because snow was the same color as the baseball and you couldn't see it for the snow.  And that is how Winter come about

I love you.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 31, 2011, 06:07:28 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 31, 2011, 06:00:30 PM

I love you.

We all do. Except for TDubbs, but his opinion about everything is meaningless and we ignore it.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 31, 2011, 05:16:31 PM

A lickey boom boom down.

DOUBLE-YOU-BEE-BEE-EM!

WHERE THE NEWS WATCH NEVER STOPS!

The guy that came up with that is probably a billionaire. Or something.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 31, 2011, 06:28:57 PM

A lickey boom boom down.

DOUBLE-YOU-BEE-BEE-EM!

He was transferred to Cheyenne.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 31, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

A lickey boom boom down.

DOUBLE-YOU-BEE-BEE-EM!

Where he gets laid repeatedly.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 31, 2011, 07:21:24 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 31, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

A lickey boom boom down.

DOUBLE-YOU-BEE-BEE-EM!

Where he gets laid repeatedly.

Would that be called a "snow job" out there?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.