News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sports  ( 17,187 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sports
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 11, 2011, 04:04:27 PM

So now Illinois is holding up Northwestern as the standard for how its football team should be judged?  What a world we live in...

Forever called. They wanted to make sure you remember that Illinois has been garbage in football since like...a long, long time ago.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 09:31:55 AM »
So the dude that this article tweaked posted a rebuttal. I'll be damned if a good chunk of it doesn't make a whole lick of sense.

The one glaring mistake is that he pegs Illinois as a football team where the fans and team itself expect to compete for a Big Ten title every season. Um, what? Try never. Every time they've won the Big Ten since I've been alive has been a complete fluke.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:22 AM »
Sports topic: Jose Bautista - .368/.520/.868

What the fuck?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 10:02:22 AM

What the fuck?

Intrepid Reader: Damian Cox

There's no proof he uses steroids, but you gotta ask the question.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 16, 2011, 10:07:01 AM

What the fuck?

He truly is Canada's answer to Glenn Beck.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 10:17:52 AM
Quote from: Fork on May 16, 2011, 10:07:01 AM

What the fuck?

He truly is Canada's answer to Glenn Beck.

I'm not saying he's right or that anyone should ask until he fails a drug test or something, but jesus. He slugged under .500 in the minors and all the way up until last year. Where'd this come from?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
QuoteHe slugged under .500 in the minors and all the way up until last year. Where'd this come from?

He doesn't look like a typical PED user, though.  That's a pretty loose statement because I don't really see him as being a treetrunk forearmed 8-gallon head type, but to me I remember him with the Pirates and I've seen plenty of his swings as a Blue Jay and I just think he figured it out.  His swing, stance and timing all seem to be perfect.  I don't know, maybe that's a symptom of PED use in itself?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 16, 2011, 11:13:54 AM
QuoteHe slugged under .500 in the minors and all the way up until last year. Where'd this come from?

He doesn't look like a typical PED user, though.  That's a pretty loose statement because I don't really see him as being a treetrunk forearmed 8-gallon head type, but to me I remember him with the Pirates and I've seen plenty of his swings as a Blue Jay and I just think he figured it out.  His swing, stance and timing all seem to be perfect.  I don't know, maybe that's a symptom of PED use in itself?

Wasn't he always hurt with the pirates? I think HGH helps all those injuries heal.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »

The idea that PEDs on their own will produce exceptional performance is laughable - you have to have the swing, stance and timing to begin with.  However, the idea that you can continue to perform as he's doing without PEDs is equally laughable...

It's a small sample size but unless he comes down to Earth soon, I'm definitely calling shenanimagans.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:58 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 16, 2011, 11:21:30 AM

The idea that PEDs on their own will produce exceptional performance is laughable - you have to have the swing, stance and timing to begin with.  However, the idea that you can continue to perform as he's doing without PEDs is equally laughable...

It's a small sample size but unless he comes down to Earth soon, I'm definitely calling shenanimagans.

I guess one more thing to bring up would be the stadium...is Toronto's park considered a launghing pad?  He hit 33 of his 54 dongs at Toronto.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
First off. ALL professional athletes have done PEDs except for Frank Thomas.

Secondly, I've been following him closely since I snatched him off the waiver wire early last season. From what I've read, he altered his swing during the second half of 2008 and has seen increased power numbers ever since due to better leverage and plate coverage. He's moved closer to the plate so he can reach the balls on the outer half and drive them.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/24/altered-swing-mechanics-key-to-jose-bautistas-home-run-binge/

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 11:32:17 AM

Secondly, I've been following him closely since I snatched him off the waiver wire early last season. From what I've read, he altered his swing during the second half of 2008 and has seen increased power numbers ever since due to better leverage and plate coverage. He's moved closer to the plate so he can reach the balls on the outer half and drive them.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/24/altered-swing-mechanics-key-to-jose-bautistas-home-run-binge/

(||)
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 16, 2011, 11:35:44 AM

(||)

Well played.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »

Yeah, and Sammy Sosa lowered his hands.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2011, 11:43:25 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 16, 2011, 11:39:01 AM

Yeah, and Sammy Sosa lowered his hands.

Indeed he did. Which would explain how he became a .300 hitter in his late 20s-early 30s. PEDs alone will not make someone a great hitter. Ask any turd slumping around at AAA with an assful of needle marks and a teste satchel of raisins. Stating that somebody in baseball did roids is like saying somebody in politics lied.