News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Nice Choice, Jim.  ( 28,556 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Nice Choice, Jim.
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2011, 10:01:42 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 09:14:09 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2011, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2011, 07:21:31 AM
Hank White had 2 homers last night. Koyie Hill's still Koyie Hill. Nice choice, Jim.

I fucking hate Koyie Hill.  Can someone contract this tablesaw to finish the job?

Welington Castillo looks good in a warm up jacket. Too good.

I'm having some issues with MY KWADE.  The biggest one so far is that he keeps jerking Castro around in the lineup.  But this catcher business is increasingly climbing the charts in my annoyed-a-meter.  Hill will never be more than a backup catcher.  And, while the jury's out on Beef Wellington, nobody is better served-- not the team, not Wellington himself, not even Hill---by calling Castillo up and having him serve as caddy for the worst hitting catcher we've seen around these parts since Scott Servais took his whiffle bat and went home to Iowa.  Seriously, Oh Hairless One,  put this guy in the lineup and let's find out if he's legit or not.  Anything to spare us from having to watch Hill and his useless bat and overrated defense for another fucking day.

You don't suppose maybe having Castillo play sparingly one time through the rotation while he gets some coaching might be a decent way to bring the kid along? I mean people bitch about the Cubs fucking up prospects all the time and then as soon as they are careful with one for like a couple days the Paddies bring out their six shooters and start hopping around all over tarnation.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 10:52:33 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 17, 2011, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2011, 10:01:42 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 17, 2011, 09:14:09 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2011, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2011, 07:21:31 AM
Hank White had 2 homers last night. Koyie Hill's still Koyie Hill. Nice choice, Jim.

I fucking hate Koyie Hill.  Can someone contract this tablesaw to finish the job?

Welington Castillo looks good in a warm up jacket. Too good.

I'm having some issues with MY KWADE.  The biggest one so far is that he keeps jerking Castro around in the lineup.  But this catcher business is increasingly climbing the charts in my annoyed-a-meter.  Hill will never be more than a backup catcher.  And, while the jury's out on Beef Wellington, nobody is better served-- not the team, not Wellington himself, not even Hill---by calling Castillo up and having him serve as caddy for the worst hitting catcher we've seen around these parts since Scott Servais took his whiffle bat and went home to Iowa.  Seriously, Oh Hairless One,  put this guy in the lineup and let's find out if he's legit or not.  Anything to spare us from having to watch Hill and his useless bat and overrated defense for another fucking day.

You don't suppose maybe having Castillo play sparingly one time through the rotation while he gets some coaching might be a decent way to bring the kid along? I mean people bitch about the Cubs fucking up prospects all the time and then as soon as they are careful with one for like a couple days the Paddies bring out their six shooters and start hopping around all over tarnation.

That dern Hill is causing mah rheumatism to act up!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »
You don't suppose maybe having Castillo play sparingly one time through the rotation while he gets some coaching might be a decent way to bring the kid along?

DPD.  Short answer--fuck no.  Long answer, I don't have the time to break this simpleness in half.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »
I think the part that annoys me is that everyone can see how terrible Koyie Hill is.  Nobody wants to see that shithead* in the lineup unless he fills in defensively for an inning or two at the end of a game.  Put Castillo in the lineup, hit him 8th and tell him no pressure.  It's got to be better than Koyie Hill.

(I don't think Koyie is a shithead.  He's probably a nice feller.  But that doesn't mean he is any less terrible.)
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 17, 2011, 10:54:03 AM
You don't suppose maybe having Castillo play sparingly one time through the rotation while he gets some coaching might be a decent way to bring the kid along?

DPD.  Short answer--fuck no.  Long answer, I don't have the time to break this simpleness in half.

If Castillo is still riding pine a week from now, I'll be pissed. But this situation doesn't bother me at all right now. I think that learning all the Cubs pitchers and going over the scouting reports before you throw him up there every day against big league pitching is a smart way to handle the situation. Overload him and he might just fail miserably both offensively and defensively. I'm giving Quade the benefit of the doubt. He's been doing this longer than I have.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 17, 2011, 11:41:27 AM

DPD.  Short answer--fuck no.  Long answer, I don't have the time to break this simpleness in half.

If Castillo is still riding pine a week from now, I'll be pissed. But this situation doesn't bother me at all right now. I think that learning all the Cubs pitchers and going over the scouting reports before you throw him up there every day against big league pitching is a smart way to handle the situation. Overload him and he might just fail miserably both offensively and defensively. I'm giving Quade the benefit of the doubt. He's been doing this longer than I have.

Would you say that he's in the "earn it" business?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »

If that's the case, then there's no reason in teh world the two catchers couldn't split time.  What, is Castillo the catcher of the future or some shit?  I've only heard about him until recently like he might be some kind of a big deal.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 17, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

If that's the case, then there's no reason in teh world the two catchers couldn't split time.  What, is Castillo the catcher of the future or some shit?  I've only heard about him until recently like he might be some kind of a big deal.

I'm pretty sure that he could shatter Matt Murton's hits record if given enough playing time. At DH.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »

If only he had caught those pitchers before.  Maybe, say, at a time when the games didn't count?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 17, 2011, 12:11:43 PM

If only he had caught those pitchers before.  Maybe, say, at a time when the games didn't count?

Well, maybe that's all the time he needed. Fuck it. I don't care.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
I just want the Cubs to not be stupid dumb idiot heads.  And playing Koyie Hill seems pretty stupid dumb idiot headish.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 17, 2011, 12:13:41 PM
Quote from: morpheus on May 17, 2011, 12:11:43 PM

Well, maybe that's all the time he needed. Fuck it. I don't care.

I do.  Koyie Hill needs to be popped in the forehead with Anton Chigurh's cattle bolt pistol and Wellingtanzo Beanz should get more of the starts.  End of story.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
What are you guys bitching about? The Cubs are only 3 games away from the Astros. There's still plenty of time to catch those guys.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 17, 2011, 12:28:17 PM
What are you guys bitching about? The Cubs are only 3 games away from the Astros. There's still plenty of time to catch those guys.

Lottery pick.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
Castillo was 12-for-49 .245/.315/.723 with two dongs and 18 Ks at Iowa. I'm sure he's way better than Koyie Hill but I don't think his hot spring is any reason to get asshurt over his lack of playing time right now. Do as you must, though. I will continue to be asshurt over everything else.

Hell, let's assume (incorrectly) that he'd replicate his AAA numbers with the Cubs. Is that slight uptick from Koyie's 5-for-30 .167/.242/.367 enough reason to justify a possibly precipitous dropoff behind the dish? I don't believe it is.