News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 12: Oakland, the Detroit of the West.  ( 8,707 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 12: Oakland, the Detroit of the West.
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 01, 2011, 06:45:46 PM
Quote from: PANK! on December 01, 2011, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 01, 2011, 04:59:36 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 01, 2011, 04:10:36 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 01, 2011, 10:54:38 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 30, 2011, 10:30:21 PM
Headline in the Sun-Times:

"Backup QB Caleb Hanie should be better the next time around"

You mean there was a possiblity that he could get worse?

Sure. As bad as it was, that performance probably ranked in the top 100 non-Cutler-McMahon-Luckman starts in Bears history. In fact, I'm sure of it. Let me "crunch" the numbers and not get back to you later. 

Most of that list is populated by Jim Miller/Steve Walsh/Erik Kramer

Grossman's start to 2006 is in there as well. I think Caleb is going to be a fine NFL quarterback some day. The problem is that this team isn't exactly in "hey, let's see what this kid can do" mode.

We get it.  You've turned into a ledge-jumping, shrieking vajayjay over the Bears.

If you're comfortable with things the way they are, more power to you. I'm just concerned about the long term window here if Jay isn't coming back, because frankly a wildcard and a quick exit would be pretty disappointing for me based on my expectations for this team.

If Cutler's done for the season then I'm with you.  I'm clinging to the notion, though, that the Bears squeak out 3 wins with Hanie and Cutler comes back to whup some ass in January.  It's all I got.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 01, 2011, 09:03:40 PM

Sure. As bad as it was, that performance probably ranked in the top 100 non-Cutler-McMahon-Luckman starts in Bears history. In fact, I'm sure of it. Let me "crunch" the numbers and not get back to you later. 

Grossman's start to 2006 is in there as well. I think Caleb is going to be a fine NFL quarterback some day. The problem is that this team isn't exactly in "hey, let's see what this kid can do" mode.

We get it.  You've turned into a ledge-jumping, shrieking vajayjay over the Bears.

If you're comfortable with things the way they are, more power to you. I'm just concerned about the long term window here if Jay isn't coming back, because frankly a wildcard and a quick exit would be pretty disappointing for me based on my expectations for this team.

If Cutler's done for the season then I'm with you.
  I'm clinging to the notion, though, that the Bears squeak out 3 wins with Hanie and Cutler comes back to whup some ass in January.  It's all I got.

And I'm having a hard time clinging to the facade of optimism until I see him take the field with my own eyes.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

Having expectations for this team in the post-season given the team that's a few hundred miles up the lake is just silly. Barring an injury to Rodgers, the only place the Packers are losing is the Super Bowl.

I hate saying this, but the Pack looks as good as the Montana-led 49ers, which is the best team I've seen in my lifetime. It doesn't really matter a. whether the Bears make the playoffs or not, or b. when the Bears lose in the playoffs, because the NFC Championship game is a foregone conclusion, at least as of this day. Who cares if they get one more playoff win or not?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 02, 2011, 02:39:35 PM

Having expectations for this team in the post-season given the team that's a few hundred miles up the lake is just silly. Barring an injury to Rodgers, the only place the Packers are losing is the Super Bowl.

I hate saying this, but the Pack looks as good as the Montana-led 49ers, which is the best team I've seen in my lifetime. It doesn't really matter a. whether the Bears make the playoffs or not, or b. when the Bears lose in the playoffs, because the NFC Championship game is a foregone conclusion, at least as of this day. Who cares if they get one more playoff win or not?

Exactly. And the Montana-led 49ers won literally every Superbowl  and every NFC title every year of his career, so why even bother assuming that it's possible someone could topple the 1 seed with the great quarterback and the shitty pass defense? Not like it happened to New England last year or anything.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 03:44:41 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 02, 2011, 02:46:00 PM

Exactly. And the Montana-led 49ers won literally every Superbowl  and every NFC title every year of his career, so why even bother assuming that it's possible someone could topple the 1 seed with the great quarterback and the shitty pass defense? Not like it happened to New England last year or anything.

And the Joe Montana-Niners destroyed every team in the NFC Championship. In 1982, the Cowboys had no chance -- NONE -- of winning. It was a blowout, right? In 1984, the defeated Bears weren't missing their starting quarterback or anything, correct? Then in 1987, when the 49ers were the hottest team in December, nobody (except for the wild card Vikings) beat them in the playoffs, is that also accurate? Then in 1988, that was an awesome Forty-Niner team. No one beat them in the regular season, except of course six teams, including the Phoenix Cardinals. They also lost 10-9 to the Bears on Monday night. Now, of course THOSE Bears had the services of Richard Dent, Jim McMahon, the entire secondary, and so forth. The Bears they face in the NFC title game did not have Dent nor McMahon.

Then in 1989, those were tremendous teams the Niners faced in the playoffs, especially those LA Rams. In 1990, the 49ers three-peated as Fork's Giants instead decided to go hang out in a Newark crackhouse with LT rather than fly to the 'Stick and play that juggernaut. After all, those G-men had a shittier backup QB than Caleb Hainie, if it matters.

Then Joe Montana went to Kansas City, a la Wilbert Harrison and Kyle Orton. And it was safe to be a 49er-hating football fan again.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2011, 03:54:24 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 02, 2011, 03:44:41 PM

We get it.  You've turned into a ledge-jumping, shrieking vajayjay over the Bears.

Exactly. And the Montana-led 49ers won literally every Superbowl  and every NFC title every year of his career, so why even bother assuming that it's possible someone could topple the 1 seed with the great quarterback and the shitty pass defense? Not like it happened to New England last year or anything.

And the Joe Montana-Niners destroyed every team in the NFC Championship. In 1982, the Cowboys had no chance -- NONE -- of winning. It was a blowout, right? In 1984, the defeated Bears weren't missing their starting quarterback or anything, correct? Then in 1987, when the 49ers were the hottest team in December, nobody (except for the wild card Vikings) beat them in the playoffs, is that also accurate? Then in 1988, that was an awesome Forty-Niner team. No one beat them in the regular season, except of course six teams, including the Phoenix Cardinals. They also lost 10-9 to the Bears on Monday night. Now, of course THOSE Bears had the services of Richard Dent, Jim McMahon, the entire secondary, and so forth. The Bears they face in the NFC title game did not have Dent nor McMahon.

Then in 1989, those were tremendous teams the Niners faced in the playoffs, especially those LA Rams. In 1990, the 49ers three-peated as Fork's Giants instead decided to go hang out in a Newark crackhouse with LT rather than fly to the 'Stick and play that juggernaut. After all, those G-men had a shittier backup QB than Caleb Hainie, if it matters.

Then Joe Montana went to Kansas City, a la Wilbert Harrison and Kyle Orton. And it was safe to be a 49er-hating football fan again.

Did you just say The Hos was worse than Hanie?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »

I was going to say something about not even playing the games, etc., etc., but these responses have been great.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 02, 2011, 04:20:56 PM

I was going to say something about not even playing the games, etc., etc., but these responses have been great.

I like watching football.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »

I love when the Hive Mind works as it should.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2011, 04:04:32 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2011, 05:08:12 PM

Even after today?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 04, 2011, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2011, 05:08:12 PM

Even after today?

I like drinking whiskey.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 04, 2011, 08:08:00 PM

I like drinking whiskey.

Me too. I got Eagle Rare and Templeton Rye. What are you drinking?

Or did your ex take it all?