News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.  ( 19,604 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 21, 2012, 02:56:12 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 21, 2012, 02:53:49 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 21, 2012, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 21, 2012, 02:46:08 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 21, 2012, 02:43:49 PM
Quote from: Brownie on August 21, 2012, 01:13:51 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 21, 2012, 10:56:21 AM
Quote from: Brownie on August 21, 2012, 10:52:22 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 21, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
If you have a player with Hester's ability to move and you don't try to get the ball in his hands on offense, you're doing something wrong. Now that the kickoffs are moved up, I really don't care who they put back there to watch it sail into the seats. And most teams punt away from Devin, or at least try. So, you've got a guy with that kind of ability and you leave it up to the other team to decide how many touches he gets in a game?

Fuck you. I don't like you.

Could be the problem was a lack of talent on offense that kept them from doing anything all that well in the passing game, or a lack of coaching from Turner, Martz et al. Could be that's all fixed now. We'll see how it plays out, won't we, smart guys?

Putting Hester out there with Bennett and Marshall and Jeffrey and Forte will create a coverage nightmare for anyone, but to think that Hester should be more than a situational receiver if it is at the expense of him returning kicks is wrong.

I suppose it could be all Dave Toub's kickoff and punt return packages and as long as you have someone who won't trip over his own feet you'll have a return threat. It's possible. But sure, let's see how it all plays out.

Didn't Johnny Knox make the pro bowl as a KR and didn't Danielle Manning lead the league in average returns? Yesir. That's not to say that it's all Toub's system, but they brought in a talented guy in Weems to do that. I'm not in favor of making him more than a situational receiver but injuries may cause that to happen. I'm convinced he's going to be very good at it in a limited role this year and I can't wait to start a thread tearing you all apart, getting real personal and out of line.

I wasn't being sarcastic with my remark about Toub because of Knox and Manning. Anyway, I hope Hester turns into a productive WR, but if I can't see him return kicks I'll be very sad.

I'm glad we now have two different threads (both started by Apex) to talk about the Bears #4 WR.

He's the all-time leader in kick return touchdowns. He's worth a thread or two or three.

Pen should start a Steelers thread that no one can comment on instead.
I'm just glad these are the debates we're having. Instead of the "Hester shouldn't play receiver" crowd vs. the "Hester could so totally be a number one receiver (secretly crying inside)" debates, we're now arguing how often the Bears should throw to Hester the #4 receiver while Marshall and Alshon are busy combing for 123 yds in one half.

Combing through the secondary is a pretty well-known football term. Had something to do with Jerry Rice's luxurious mane. None of this may be true.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:39 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 21, 2012, 02:56:12 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 21, 2012, 02:53:49 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 21, 2012, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 21, 2012, 02:46:08 PM
If you have a player with Hester's ability to move and you don't try to get the ball in his hands on offense, you're doing something wrong. Now that the kickoffs are moved up, I really don't care who they put back there to watch it sail into the seats. And most teams punt away from Devin, or at least try. So, you've got a guy with that kind of ability and you leave it up to the other team to decide how many touches he gets in a game?

Could be the problem was a lack of talent on offense that kept them from doing anything all that well in the passing game, or a lack of coaching from Turner, Martz et al. Could be that's all fixed now. We'll see how it plays out, won't we, smart guys?

Putting Hester out there with Bennett and Marshall and Jeffrey and Forte will create a coverage nightmare for anyone, but to think that Hester should be more than a situational receiver if it is at the expense of him returning kicks is wrong.

I suppose it could be all Dave Toub's kickoff and punt return packages and as long as you have someone who won't trip over his own feet you'll have a return threat. It's possible. But sure, let's see how it all plays out.

Didn't Johnny Knox make the pro bowl as a KR and didn't Danielle Manning lead the league in average returns? Yesir. That's not to say that it's all Toub's system, but they brought in a talented guy in Weems to do that. I'm not in favor of making him more than a situational receiver but injuries may cause that to happen. I'm convinced he's going to be very good at it in a limited role this year and I can't wait to start a thread tearing you all apart, getting real personal and out of line.

I wasn't being sarcastic with my remark about Toub because of Knox and Manning. Anyway, I hope Hester turns into a productive WR, but if I can't see him return kicks I'll be very sad.

I'm glad we now have two different threads (both started by Apex) to talk about the Bears #4 WR.

He's the all-time leader in kick return touchdowns. He's worth a thread or two or three.

Pen should start a Steelers thread that no one can comment on instead.
I'm just glad these are the debates we're having. Instead of the "Hester shouldn't play receiver" crowd vs. the "Hester could so totally be a number one receiver (secretly crying inside)" debates, we're now arguing how often the Bears should throw to Hester the #4 receiver while Marshall and Alshon are busy combing for 123 yds in one half.

We ain't found shit!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
All Spaceballs look alike, eh racists?

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »

Mods!
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »
Quote from: JakeD on August 21, 2012, 05:05:32 PM

Mods!

That's how one comes out of a 10 month silence

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 21, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

Mods!

Doing it this way hits a little too close to home for you, I'd imagine.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 21, 2012, 07:01:39 PM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 21, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

Mods!

Doing it this way hits a little too close to home for you, I'd imagine.

Doubt it was a legitimate kidnapping

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 20, 2012, 03:00:38 PM
Deadspin's Drew Magary is doing a series tearing apart each NFL team.  Most of the articles have been overdone.  But today's critique of the Bears, in my opinion, is pretty accurate.

http://deadspin.com/5935713/why-your-team-sucks-2012-chicago-bears

And now, Magary, a Vikings fan has gotten to the Packers:

QuotePackers fans are the Trekkies of the NFL. Fat. Slovenly. Unjustifiably arrogant. When you celebrate the Packers, you're celebrating a group of people who never had the intellect or courage to leave Green Bay and actually go DO something with their lives. You're celebrating the likes of Vince Lombardi, who was Nick Saban with bad teeth—a precursor to the modern, powermad, dumbfuck football coaches of today. You're celebrating a group of people who lack the self-awareness to know just what it means to walk around with a cheese block on your head. Do you know how stupid that looks? Do you have ANY self-respect? I went to Milwaukee earlier this year and virtually every Milwaukee resident I met DESPISED the Packers fans from Green Bay, because they didn't want their state represented by a group of fat disgusting mouthbreathing rednecks.

And yes, I am jealous. My team never wins jack shit, and somehow the football Gods smile upon THESE idiots? Ridiculous. The fact that Packers fans are allowed to be happy is proof that God doesn't exist and that this universe is a cold, black, random place that cares little for the travails of mankind.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2012, 12:00:25 PM »
So Urlacher went to Germany to get some mastodon blood injected into his knee. How does this affect Hester's push for 3,000 career receiving yards?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 22, 2012, 11:00:01 AM
Deadspin's Drew Magary is doing a series tearing apart each NFL team.  Most of the articles have been overdone.  But today's critique of the Bears, in my opinion, is pretty accurate.

QuotePackers fans are the Trekkies of the NFL. Fat. Slovenly. Unjustifiably arrogant. When you celebrate the Packers, you're celebrating a group of people who never had the intellect or courage to leave Green Bay and actually go DO something with their lives. You're celebrating the likes of Vince Lombardi, who was Nick Saban with bad teeth—a precursor to the modern, powermad, dumbfuck football coaches of today. You're celebrating a group of people who lack the self-awareness to know just what it means to walk around with a cheese block on your head. Do you know how stupid that looks? Do you have ANY self-respect? I went to Milwaukee earlier this year and virtually every Milwaukee resident I met DESPISED the Packers fans from Green Bay, because they didn't want their state represented by a group of fat disgusting mouthbreathing rednecks.

And yes, I am jealous. My team never wins jack shit, and somehow the football Gods smile upon THESE idiots? Ridiculous. The fact that Packers fans are allowed to be happy is proof that God doesn't exist and that this universe is a cold, black, random place that cares little for the travails of mankind.

Link pls thx
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 22, 2012, 12:01:32 PM

Link pls thx

deadspin.com

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 22, 2012, 12:14:37 PM

Link pls thx

deadspin.com

You could type that but couldn't provide a link? How rude.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

Link pls thx

http://deadspin.com/5936676/why-your-team-sucks-2012-green-bay-packers

The comments of Packers' fan "Eric" are better than Magary's article.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
That's odd.  Magary's take on the Vikings makes me feel better about being a Cub fan.

http://deadspin.com/5936898/why-your-team-sucks-2012-minnesota-vikings
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 23, 2012, 11:54:45 AM
That's odd.  Magary's take on the Vikings makes me feel better about being a Cub fan.

http://deadspin.com/5936898/why-your-team-sucks-2012-minnesota-vikings

The Vikes are wretched. Barely worth my scorn these days. And that's too bad because hating them is a blast.