News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 61,386 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
"Hi, I'm Charles Tillman. Fuck you."
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Matt Forte might have a high ankle sprain. I might have a 9.5-inch penis.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »
Spoiler.  This is my meatball offering.

Jay Cutler is our Barry Bonds.  No, I am not saying that he uses PEDs.  I am saying that he is a jerk.  But he is our jerk and we feel it necessary to defend or explain or ignore his jerkiness because he is our jerk.  The rest of the world is free to point out his smirk, his pout, his attitude toward his teammates, and his lapses as a quarterback.  But because he has, from time to time, delivered some outstanding quarterback play, a rarity in Chicago, we accept the whole package and either ignore his personality or make excuses for it.  There is nothing that we can do about it.  Here in San Francisco fans knew in their hearts that Bonds was an ass, but they looked the other way.  And why not?  Until he got caught lying before a Grand Jury they were getting the benefit of his artificially augmented talent so why shoot themselves in the foot by nattering about how unlikable he was as a person?  After an ugly performance like the one we just saw a few of us will jump off the wagon, but the majority will go on as before until his contract expires or he asks for an extension that makes it too difficult to accept the whole package.  What this comes down to is that we don't have to like him as a person.  He isn't going to go away or play any worse if we face up to the fact that we don't want him as a friend.  So the next time someone from Detroit or Wisconsin says that it is "just Jay being Jay", we should answer "amen brother" and get on with our lives.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 14, 2012, 12:04:06 PM

Jay Cutler is our Barry Bonds.  No, I am not saying that he uses PEDs.  I am saying that he is a jerk.  But he is our jerk and we feel it necessary to defend or explain or ignore his jerkiness because he is our jerk.  The rest of the world is free to point out his smirk, his pout, his attitude toward his teammates, and his lapses as a quarterback.  But because he has, from time to time, delivered some outstanding quarterback play, a rarity in Chicago, we accept the whole package and either ignore his personality or make excuses for it.  There is nothing that we can do about it.  Here in San Francisco fans knew in their hearts that Bonds was an ass, but they looked the other way.  And why not?  Until he got caught lying before a Grand Jury they were getting the benefit of his artificially augmented talent so why shoot themselves in the foot by nattering about how unlikable he was as a person?  After an ugly performance like the one we just saw a few of us will jump off the wagon, but the majority will go on as before until his contract expires or he asks for an extension that makes it too difficult to accept the whole package.  What this comes down to is that we don't have to like him as a person.  He isn't going to go away or play any worse if we face up to the fact that we don't want him as a friend.  So the next time someone from Detroit or Wisconsin says that it is "just Jay being Jay", we should answer "amen brother" and get on with our lives.

With all due respect, counselor, I'd like to refer you to Slaky's corollary to rule 10.17 (c). Jay may be our A.J. Pierzynski. But Barroid alienated absolutely everybody, embarrassed his team and his sport. There's a guy rotting in prison because he wouldn't rat on Barroid. There is a woman claiming that Barroid was in an abusive extra-marital relationship with her for over a decade. What the hell possessed you to write this?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:14 PM »

Barry Bonds was a hall of famer
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2012, 12:14:04 PM

With all due respect, counselor, I'd like to refer you to Slaky's corollary to rule 10.17 (c). Jay may be our A.J. Pierzynski. But Barroid alienated absolutely everybody, embarrassed his team and his sport. There's a guy rotting in prison because he wouldn't rat on Barroid. There is a woman claiming that Barroid was in an abusive extra-marital relationship with her for over a decade. What the hell possessed you to write this?

You may be right.  A.J. was a burden to San Francisco and is a burden borne by part of Chicago, but my experience here in the Bay Area was that most people just shrugged him off, which is what I am suggesting that we do with Cutler.  Whereas, until Bonds got caught, everybody was in denial.  My favorite Bonds story was an interview that was published in the Chronicle where he was quoted as saying, "My wife is like toilet paper.  She is always there when I want her."  I don't know what is is with Bonds and toilet paper, he was interviewed in Playboy and said that his wife was patient like toilet paper, because she just sat there and waited.  Google Bonds and toilet paper.  It enters frequently into his imagery.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 14, 2012, 12:17:14 PM

No, Chuck.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 14, 2012, 12:35:04 PM
You may be right.  A.J. was a burden to San Francisco and is a burden borne by part of Chicago, but my experience here in the Bay Area was that most people just shrugged him off, which is what I am suggesting that we do with Cutler.  

I think people around here (all 11 of us) shrug off Cutler's mopiness. But a very large portion of Bears fans are actually bothered by it and don't seem to like the guy.

Also, I'm in agreement with TDubbs. For Cutler to equate to Bonds, he'd be throwing 100 TDs a year and completing 90% of his passes at 25 yards-per-attempt. There are nuances to everything, but Bonds was probably the best baseball player ever, so it had to be pretty easy for fans to ignore his other behavior. Cutler hasn't been consistently good enough for most of the fanbase to brush that off.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2012, 02:12:09 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 14, 2012, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: CBStew on September 14, 2012, 12:35:04 PM
You may be right.  A.J. was a burden to San Francisco and is a burden borne by part of Chicago, but my experience here in the Bay Area was that most people just shrugged him off, which is what I am suggesting that we do with Cutler.  

I think people around here (all 11 of us) shrug off Cutler's mopiness. But a very large portion of Bears fans are actually bothered by it and don't seem to like the guy.

Also, I'm in agreement with TDubbs. For Cutler to equate to Bonds, he'd be throwing 100 TDs a year and completing 90% of his passes at 25 yards-per-attempt. There are nuances to everything, but Bonds was probably the best baseball player ever, so it had to be pretty easy for fans to ignore his other behavior. Cutler hasn't been consistently good enough for most of the fanbase to brush that off.

I wouldn't say it's even that he hasn't been consistently good enough. He's 20-9 in his last 29 starts with a QB rating of 89 over that time. He's still a dick when he's winning and playing well, however, so he doesn't win over any converts. They just come right back out of the woodshed when he has a bad game. I'm done arguing with the Cutler extremists. If you're the type that thinks last night means he CAN'T EVER BE A WINNAR BECAUSE LEADERSHIP POUTS RARR, well, okay. No one's going to win you over until/if he wins a Superbowl. If you're the PenFoe "he's an above average, but not elite, QB, and his head will keep him from being one" type, well, I hope you're wrong but at least you're standing in the reasonable part of the equation. As long as Bears management doesn't listen to the meatballs and keeps him, I'm out of the fight. I'm not worried about him bouncing back, since he went 15-5 between his last 4 pick outing and this one. So whatever. He clearly doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of him, so we should all follow his lead.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »

Jay Cutler is our Barry Bonds.

Not bad, but maybe there's someone else.  Let me see.  A guy who is immensely talented.  Who is outstanding at times and brutally bad at others.  A guy who doesn't always play using skills as you'd teach them out of a text book.

Cutler is Soriano.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2012, 02:15:15 PM

Not bad, but maybe there's someone else.  Let me see.  A guy who is immensely talented.  Who is outstanding at times and brutally bad at others.  A guy who doesn't always play using skills as you'd teach them out of a text book.

Cutler is Soriano.

No, Chuck.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2012, 02:15:15 PM

Cutler is Soriano.

Now see what you people did?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2012, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 14, 2012, 12:17:14 PM

No, Chuck.

He'll be the benchmark for guys like Clemens and A-Rod. He had HOF credentials before he started (allegedly) juicing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16