News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 61,335 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »
Covering receivers really does wonders.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2012, 08:18:47 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »
That was beautiful.  F--- Tony Romo, Jerrah Jones, Gums Austin, and the Cowboys.  And lol @ Dez Bryant.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
Where's the thread where idiots bitch about the cover 2 because the Bears gave up yards and a few points to an NFL offense?

Scenario: the Cowboys appear to be completing passes to their own team intermittently between interceptions and sacks

"HEY!" said the moron at home watching tee vee. "This cover 2 sucks! We always (ALWAYS) give up points here. This is why I hate the cover 2. I wish we'd get rid of it."

60 points allowed in 4 games with the shitty cover 2. Perennially one of the best, most stingiest defenses in the league under Lovie Smith. Takeaways like crazy.

And people have the gall to bitch about giving up yards in a pro football game to a professional offense who is scheming and plotting for a week straight to do exactly that.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

If the Bears gave up 100 yards a game and zero points people would still find a way to lose their shit about the manner in which those 100 yards were gained.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 02, 2012, 11:25:42 AM
Where's the thread where idiots bitch about the cover 2 because the Bears gave up yards and a few points to an NFL offense?

Scenario: the Cowboys appear to be completing passes to their own team intermittently between interceptions and sacks

"HEY!" said the moron at home watching tee vee. "This cover 2 sucks! We always (ALWAYS) give up points here. This is why I hate the cover 2. I wish we'd get rid of it."

60 points allowed in 4 games with the shitty cover 2. Perennially one of the best, most stingiest defenses in the league under Lovie Smith. Takeaways like crazy.

And people have the gall to bitch about giving up yards in a pro football game to a professional offense who is scheming and plotting for a week straight to do exactly that.

If the Bears gave up 100 yards a game and zero points people would still find a way to lose their shit about the manner in which those 100 yards were gained.

As I see it, the problem with the Cover-2 is that, by my count, the offense has 11 guys. That leaves 9 men open on every play. I don't pretend to have all the answers but this is just bad scheme-math.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 02, 2012, 12:05:26 PM

As I see it, the problem with the Cover-2 is that, by my count, the offense has 11 guys. That leaves 9 men open on every play. I don't pretend to have all the answers but this is just bad scheme-math.

Well they don't play it every play. Just the ones where they give up yards.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 02, 2012, 12:14:00 PM

The Bears need a more glamorous defense that calls for lots of blitzing of white guys with long hair. Something like the Packers defense. Sure, they're giving up 50 yards more a game rushing, have 9 fewer turnovers, and have allowed 12 more net points per game, but have you SEEN that white guy flex after a sack? Swoon!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 02, 2012, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 02, 2012, 12:14:00 PM

The Bears need a more glamorous defense that calls for lots of blitzing of white guys with long hair. Something like the Packers defense. Sure, they're giving up 50 yards more a game rushing, have 9 fewer turnovers, and have allowed 12 more net points per game, but have you SEEN that white guy flex after a sack? Swoon!

TIM SHAW?!?!?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »

11-on-11 is the way to go.  Just pick a guy and cover him.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 02, 2012, 02:08:58 PM

Eli: meatball font :: RV : Frodog quotes

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 02, 2012, 02:52:59 PM

Noted.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »

Sorry for not being inclusive enough.

DOSE BEARSSS NEED TA DROP DAT COVER WHO? DEFENSE AND RUN DA MAN TA MA COVERAGE MY FRENT.  11 DITKAS COULD OF DEFENDED ANY TEAM IN FOOTBAW.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

Also:

Eli: meatball font :: Eli : Frodog quotes