News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The FYC, Baseball is Fun, Cubs will win at least 90 Games Thread  ( 20,713 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The FYC, Baseball is Fun, Cubs will win at least 73 Games Thread
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 13, 2012, 05:05:13 PM
Not too shabby.

Meh.  10 and 3 and a 2.83 in 2006, his rookie year, and since then his only winning season was 13 and 12.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
Not too shabby.

Sounds like the deal is still not finalized and the Tigers are still in play.  

How am I supposed to be accept them sucking this year if they're going to sign one of the top Free Agent pitchers?  

Epstink is confusing.

But, ultimately he's a real solid pitcher and if they're looking at future free agent markets and thinking that this is a good deal based on what's upcoming, then hell yeah.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 05:23:54 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 13, 2012, 05:20:42 PM
Not too shabby.

How am I supposed to be accept them sucking this year if they're going to sign one of the top Free Agent pitchers?  

Epstink is confusing.

But, ultimately he's a real solid pitcher and if they're looking at future free agent markets and thinking that this is a good deal based on what's upcoming, then hell yeah.

DPD for Garza, welcoming him to The Chi.

Congrats to the newest cub! anibel Sanchez! #GoCubsGo

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 13, 2012, 05:23:54 PM
Not too shabby.

Epstink is confusing.

So, basically... Bob Nightengale?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Not too shabby.

Epstink is confusing.

So... is Chuck revising his projections upward?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
Annabelle Sanchez is the Cubs' John Lackey, you guys. Epstink just can't help himself. What's happening to my Kubbiez?!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 13, 2012, 05:40:32 PM
Quote from: CBStew on December 13, 2012, 05:19:37 PMMeh.

No.

welcoming him to The Chi.

NO.

Back when you were alive you had a better sense of humor.

RYAN FREEL WAS A BALLPLAYER, MAN.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 31, 2012, 04:32:59 PM
They also need to prepare themselves for the reality that Bob Nightengale is always wrong.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »
Sorry Pen. All these swirling Auntie Ball rumors are scrambling my braingleberries.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21393429/report-cubs-anibal-sanchez-agree-to-5-year-deal

QuoteUnlike Josh Hamilton, Anibal Sanchez is giving his old team the last shot at his services. After being offered a reported $75 million over five years by the Cubs, Sanchez gave the Tigers one more chance to match the offer, CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reports.

Detroit had been offering a four-year deal to Sanchez, but in reaction to the offer from the Cubs, the team will likely have to offer five years in order to keep him.

Sanchez is gonna look great in the Cubs rotation alongside Haren and Delgado. Now they just have to get to work replacing Starlin at short.

http://twitter.com/thekapman/status/279358012861325313

Quote from: David KaplanGotta give the credit to @bnightengale for breaking the news that the Cubs have agreed to terms with Anibal Sanchez for 5/75

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 13, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21393429/report-cubs-anibal-sanchez-agree-to-5-year-deal

QuoteUnlike Josh Hamilton, Anibal Sanchez is giving his old team the last shot at his services. After being offered a reported $75 million over five years by the Cubs, Sanchez gave the Tigers one more chance to match the offer, CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reports.

Detroit had been offering a four-year deal to Sanchez, but in reaction to the offer from the Cubs, the team will likely have to offer five years in order to keep him.

Sanchez is gonna look great in the Cubs rotation alongside Haren and Delgado. Now they just have to get to work replacing Starlin at short.

Quote from: David KaplanGotta give the credit to @bnightengale for breaking the news that the Cubs have agreed to terms with Anibal Sanchez for 5/75

Sounds to me like he's going back to Detroit.

I don't know who keeps trying to make the Cubs front office look retarded but they're doing a great job.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 13, 2012, 07:45:05 PM

Sounds to me like he's going back to Detroit.

I don't know who keeps trying to make the Cubs front office look retarded but they're doing a great job.

It's Crane Kenney, ya dope.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 13, 2012, 07:53:51 PM
It's Crane Kenney, ya dope.

don't blame Crane. He's busy munching on cold cuts and giving interviews to big-time sports bloggers.

Also:

This is just like the Josh Hamilton situation, if Josh Hamilton was trying to get his pennant-winning club to match the offer from a 100-loss team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16