News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Croods  ( 864 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Croods
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »
How do you feel about slapstick?  Because, if, like me, nothing makes you laugh harder, then you're in for a treat.  My cheeks hurt and my sides ached by the time I was done with this film.  The story's so-so, but honestly, it's not really the point.  The animation is possibly the best I've seen, and really made me wish we could have seen it in 3D - it's a really good-looking film.  The voice acting in Dutch was uitstekend, but the original version apparently features Nick Cage, so, you know... buyer beware and all that.

Seriously, after the snooze-fest that was "Brave", this was a real joy.  Go and see it.  Fucking magic.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Croods
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 14, 2013, 10:20:51 AM
How do you feel about slapstick?  Because, if, like me, nothing makes you laugh harder, then you're in for a treat.  My cheeks hurt and my sides ached by the time I was done with this film.  The story's so-so, but honestly, it's not really the point.  The animation is possibly the best I've seen, and really made me wish we could have seen it in 3D - it's a really good-looking film.  The voice acting in Dutch was uitstekend, but the original version apparently features Nick Cage, so, you know... buyer beware and all that.

Seriously, after the snooze-fest that was "Brave", this was a real joy.  Go and see it.  Fucking magic.

Better than "Wallace and Grommit"?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:28 PM »

With you it always comes back to the same thing, doesn't it?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 15, 2013, 12:54:53 PM

Better than "Wallace and Grommit"?

Yeah, I think so.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.