News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread  ( 44,300 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 02, 2013, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 02, 2013, 12:45:02 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 02, 2013, 12:05:24 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 02, 2013, 10:56:50 AM
In case "Epic Butthurt" isn't the blog for you, here's a new Bears blog, coming soon. 

Already some terrific content.

LOL

I was going to post the exact same thing.

Good.  The more that GIF is posted, the better.  Thank you.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
If any part of their reasoning to kick the field goal before 4th down is to get a second chance at it if there's a bad snap, why do they have a roster spot devoted to a long snapper? Mannelly never fucks up a snap, so there is even less reason to kick early.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »
Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2013, 11:30:34 PM
If any part of their reasoning to kick the field goal before 4th down is to get a second chance at it if there's a bad snap, why do they have a roster spot devoted to a long snapper? Mannelly never fucks up a snap, so there is even less reason to kick early.

And as pointed out on Boers & Bernstein yesterday, if there WAS a bad snap and they had to fall on the ball at, say, the 40, they'd be out of field goal range on 3rd down.

I think we just need to chalk this up to Trestman shitting his culottes and hope he learns from it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 04, 2013, 08:45:30 AM

And as pointed out on Boers & Bernstein yesterday, if there WAS a bad snap and they had to fall on the ball at, say, the 40, they'd be out of field goal range on 3rd down.

Devil's avocado here, Larry. Taking that into account, kicking the try on 2nd down does at least make more sense than doing it on 3rd down, as you'd still have a down to gain some of that back before kicking it on 4th, right?

Still dumb... so dumb.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2013, 08:58:49 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 04, 2013, 08:51:03 AM

Devil's avocado here, Larry. Taking that into account, kicking the try on 2nd down does at least make more sense than doing it on 3rd down, as you'd still have a down to gain some of that back before kicking it on 4th, right?

Still dumb... so dumb.

Let's chalk it up to a learning experience and wait to see if he does it again.

Or let's just not watch the Bears until next year. Either way.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 04, 2013, 08:58:49 AM

Still dumb... so dumb.

I've tried and I just can't not watch. The trainwreck took it's time to materialize but the engineer is snoozing at long last.

And...

If Cutler returns and puts 400, 4 and 0 up against the Cowboys AND they give the mic to Ditka so he can go, "BAABABBBABBABAAAAABBBAAA....111!!!!!!!" at halftime, I'm back in.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 04, 2013, 09:31:39 AM

Still dumb... so dumb.

I've tried and I just can't not watch. The trainwreck took it's time to materialize but the engineer is snoozing at long last.

And...

If Cutler returns and puts 400, 4 and 0 up against the Cowboys AND they give the mic to Ditka so he can go, "BAABABBBABBABAAAAABBBAAA....111!!!!!!!" at halftime, I'm back in.

I was honestly hoping Trestman would say "I had a CFL flashback, thought we only had 3 downs, and it won't happen again." I'd have accepted that over just about anything he's said.

Either way I feel bad for screaming in front of a bunch of Minnesotans who were utterly appalled by my profanity that he should took "take his fucking genius ass back to Canada". I'm not well.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2013, 02:36:35 PM

Still dumb... so dumb.

And...

I was honestly hoping Trestman would say "I had a CFL flashback, thought we only had 3 downs, and it won't happen again." I'd have accepted that over just about anything he's said.

Either way I feel bad for screaming in front of a bunch of Minnesotans who were utterly appalled by my profanity that he should took "take his fucking genius ass back to Canada". I'm not well.

We get it, you were at the game and yelled.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 04, 2013, 03:40:59 PM

Still dumb... so dumb.

And...

Can you say "we get it" on the first reference to something?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2013, 04:42:31 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2013, 04:40:34 PM

Still dumb... so dumb.

And...

I mentioned it in the shoutbox, Eli, therefore it is impermissible on Desipio.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

Still dumb... so dumb.

And...

There's a thread around here that gets bumped when stuff like this happens. But the important thing to know is whether or not TDubbs is impressed with Yeti's assholish behavior.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 04, 2013, 04:56:40 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

Still dumb... so dumb.

And...

There's a thread around here that gets bumped when stuff like this happens. But the important thing to know is whether or not TDubbs is impressed with Yeti's assholish behavior.

kinda
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »
Guilty autograph signer Helen Huntermeyer's startup gets some interwebs love.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: December 09, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
FUCK DALLAS MY FRENTS