News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread  ( 44,341 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Systems of Football: The All-Purpose Bears Game Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 19, 2013, 10:23:33 AM

Source.

I love that there are only 3 scenarios in which the Lions make it. LULZ

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 19, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 19, 2013, 10:23:33 AM

Source.

I love that there are only 3 scenarios in which the Lions make it. LULZ

Four scenarios. Out of 32.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »
The good news is that Emery can basically dump the entire defense this offseason if he chooses. If they decide to cut bait with Peppers, Conte & McLellin, the only rotation guys that I think would still be under contract for next year are Paea, Bostic and Frey.

The bad news is, they need an entire new defense.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 23, 2013, 09:29:03 AM
The good news is that Emery can basically dump the entire defense this offseason if he chooses. If they decide to cut bait with Peppers, Conte & McLellin, the only rotation guys that I think would still be under contract for next year are Paea, Bostic and Frey.

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 23, 2013, 09:41:14 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

I want this season to end so Phil can get to work. I'm excited to see him get things done.

Phil rules.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2013, 10:26:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 23, 2013, 10:22:16 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

I want this season to end so Phil can get to work. I'm excited to see him get things done.

Phil rules.

Whoa whoa whoa. We sure about that yet?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

With the cap going up about 7 million, the expiring contracts, and the hopefully inevitable releases of Peppers/Bush/Earl Bennett (sorry Earl)....Phil's looking at a full complement of draft picks and probably like $60 million in cap room. This will definitely be the offseason that defines his entire tenure.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 23, 2013, 10:29:44 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

With the cap going up about 7 million, the expiring contracts, and the hopefully inevitable releases of Peppers/Bush/Earl Bennett (sorry Earl)....Phil's looking at a full complement of draft picks and probably like $60 million in cap room. This will definitely be the offseason that defines his entire tenure.

Yeah I think so. If he keeps the offense running at its current level and can shore up the defense to even average, that'll be a good job. Of course if the Bears catch some luck w/r/t injuries next season that'd be swell, too.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 23, 2013, 10:26:35 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

When he arrived, they had a rotating derpfest at OC, no credible wide receivers or tightends and the worst offensive line in pro football including the Canadian Football League. Fixed.

Now he has the resources needed to fix the defense in full. If he had missed on any of the above, it would be detrimental to his plan. I don't know what more I could ask of him at this point. If he chooses poorly on too many of the players he tabs for the defense, we'll re-evaluate. But as of now, I have to give him an A.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 23, 2013, 10:29:44 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

Does that include the $9.8M hit for Peppers?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2013, 11:47:09 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 23, 2013, 10:56:52 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

When he arrived, they had a rotating derpfest at OC, no credible wide receivers or tightends and the worst offensive line in pro football including the Canadian Football League. Fixed.

Now he has the resources needed to fix the defense in full. If he had missed on any of the above, it would be detrimental to his plan. I don't know what more I could ask of him at this point. If he chooses poorly on too many of the players he tabs for the defense, we'll re-evaluate. But as of now, I have to give him an A.

Really my only beef with Earmery is the McLelllin pick. Man that guy sucks. Maybe as a first-time GM he got nervous and accidentally referred to the dry erase draft board easel Angelo forgot to take with him.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 23, 2013, 11:47:09 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

Really my only beef with Earmery is the McLelllin pick. Man that guy sucks. Maybe as a first-time GM he got nervous and accidentally referred to the dry erase draft board easel Angelo forgot to take with him.

Yeah, I generally think Emery's on the right track, but that first pick sticks in my craw.  It'd be one thing to draft a guy that everyone thought was a good pick (Chris Williams, Carimi) and said player busts out, but to take a chance on a project that it turns out you can't even remotely develop is disoncerting. 

Now, if Emery is man enough to admit his mistake and cut that pile of shit as soon as the season ends, then my faith in him will strengthen.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 23, 2013, 11:51:36 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 23, 2013, 11:47:09 AM

#EmstinkIsWonderful

#IStandWithPhil

Phil rules.

Yeah, I generally think Emery's on the right track, but that first pick sticks in my craw.  It'd be one thing to draft a guy that everyone thought was a good pick (Chris Williams, Carimi) and said player busts out, but to take a chance on a project that it turns out you can't even remotely develop is disoncerting.  

Now, if Emery is man enough to admit his mistake and cut that pile of shit as soon as the season ends, then my faith in him will strengthen.

Speaking of high-risk, high-reward draft picks, I kind of like Alshon Jeffrey and Kyle Long. 2-of-3 is really good in that department. The rest of those first two drafts have produced zero definite contributors however. Jordan Mills, Isiah Fry, Khaseem Greene and Jon Bostic deserve another year to pan out. I don't know what else is there. I also don't know what a good or above-average draft actually looks like because I'm not some fat tard who scours draft boards in lieu of having secks with a woman in my spare time.