News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Phil Emery Is God - The 2014 Bears  ( 21,406 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Phil Emery Is God - The 2014 Bears
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »
I still don't understand how he thinks the Bears should tank to get Winston. The D can't get any worse, so are they supposed to sit Marshall, Jeffery, and Forte all year so they can go from 8 wins to none? And surely McCown's grittiness would get at least a couple wins, so there is no way to guarantee the first pick.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 08:39:22 PM »
Apparently the Cutler contract contains an automatic conversion clause that allows the team to change his base salary to signing bonus at any time so they can pretty much create cap room whenever they want.  Hence the reason there was no real signing bonus in the deal to begin with.  Pretty smart.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2014, 06:17:22 PM
Has anyone else yet figured out how 155 minus 112 is 18? By my math that's 43. Granted that's far from the td:int ratio that Aaron Rodgers has, and Lord knows you either have Aaron Rodgers or you are fucked, but happy once again to point out that ole fuckwit either can't read or can't do basic fucking math
DPD but looking back now I see that in an earlier post shit head said Jay was only +14  in touchdowns  over interceptions.  He can't even be consistent in his wrongness.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2014, 09:00:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2014, 08:57:33 PM
Has anyone else yet figured out how 155 minus 112 is 18? By my math that's 43. Granted that's far from the td:int ratio that Aaron Rodgers has, and Lord knows you either have Aaron Rodgers or you are fucked, but happy once again to point out that ole fuckwit either can't read or can't do basic fucking math
DPD but looking back now I see that in an earlier post shit head said Jay was only +14  in touchdowns  over interceptions.  He can't even be consistent in his wrongness.

We'll see how consistent he remains in hyping the rapey David Garrard.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 06, 2014, 09:00:47 PM
DPD but looking back now I see that in an earlier post shit head said Jay was only +14  in touchdowns  over interceptions.  He can't even be consistent in his wrongness.

Hey man you name the last time  a team devoted all of their efforts to acquiring a Heisman winning star college quarterback and it went horribly wrong by year two of his career.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2014, 11:39:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2014, 10:22:08 PM
DPD but looking back now I see that in an earlier post shit head said Jay was only +14  in touchdowns  over interceptions.  He can't even be consistent in his wrongness.

Hey man you name the last time  a team devoted all of their efforts to acquiring a Heisman winning star college quarterback and it went horribly wrong by year two of his career.

This guy: "What could go wrong?"

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:20 AM »
OMFG!!! I'm soooo sick of people whining about Cutler. Yes he sometimes gets a bit lazy with throws, but most of his shitty stuff came before last year. This was when he had NO tight end and basically no real receivers as well as about the shittiest offensive line period. He was running around like a chicken with his head cut off most of the 1st few yrs as qb trying not to get gimped. So why don't we just judge him individually when his line was fucking useless as tits on a bull. I'd take him with what he had to deal with over any other qb in the last 30 yrs.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2014, 05:32:06 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on January 07, 2014, 03:24:20 AM
OMFG!!! I'm soooo sick of people whining about Cutler. Yes he sometimes gets a bit lazy with throws, but most of his shitty stuff came before last year. This was when he had NO tight end and basically no real receivers as well as about the shittiest offensive line period. He was running around like a chicken with his head cut off most of the 1st few yrs as qb trying not to get gimped. So why don't we just judge him individually when his line was fucking useless as tits on a bull. I'd take him with what he had to deal with over any other qb in the last 30 yrs.

Wow.  SUPYAD.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »

Okay, Prisco is an idiot, but still...
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
GIS results for new Bears DL coach Paul Pasqualoni are an amazing mix of confusion, disbelief and bewilderment. 

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »

You sure that's not just Jeffrey Donovan's dad?

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2014, 11:58:56 AM »
Ok. Good talk.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
what's more interesting is that Pasqualoni and Herring, the new LB coach, are both guys with experience in 3-4s and 4-3s. Tucker's also coached both. Really backs up what Emery said about trying to become more  of a hybrid defense.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 06, 2014, 11:18:55 AM
Scouring the interwebs for the latest news on the guys on RV's list.

TJ Ward - Wants to return to Cleveland, he says. Doubt they'd let him go.
Jairus Byrd - Will be re-signed or tagged by the Bills per their GM in season-review press conference.
Michael Bennett - Definitely an option, since Martellus plays here and the two are close. Seattke is deep enough to let him walk.
Michael Johnson - Not sure who that is. I think he plays soccer and made some homophobic remarks that got him in trouble.
Greg Hardy - After talking "hometown discount" the self-styled "Kraken" now wants a "big number, nothing imaginary." Panthers might very well tag him.
Alex Mack - Although he's a UFA, he says he will give Cleveland right of first refusal when and if he hits the market. He also wants to stay in Cleveland. What's wrong with people?

EDIT: The Michael Johnson who plays for the Bengals?

Damn.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?