News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: True Detective  ( 18,188 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: True Detective
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 22, 2014, 10:00:35 AM
the lady is also from a stupid show called white collar that I love and she was in an episode of Always Sunny where she was a rich girl who was into Charlie

And the boobs on her are tree-mendous

I'ma let you finish your thread, but very much this.  Her eyes are great too.  That's all/time to post
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »
Jesus. I almost pissed and shat myself over the past 10 minutes. That was fucking phenomenal.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 10, 2014, 12:01:21 PM
Jesus. I almost pissed and shat myself over the past 10 minutes. That was fucking phenomenal.

Cohle's heist, kidnapping at the stash house was shot in one six-minute continuous take. Best show on TV or best show ever? Four episodes to settle the issue.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 12:41:01 PM »
It is interesting that most people dismissed McConaughey for years as nothing more than a pretty face.  When I saw him as "The Lincoln Lawyer"  I thought that he was perfect for the role of a smarmy opportunist lawyer.  But the things that he has done lately have made me realize that I have underrated his talent. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 10, 2014, 12:41:01 PM
It is interesting that most people dismissed McConaughey for years as nothing more than a pretty face.  When I saw him as "The Lincoln Lawyer"  I thought that he was perfect for the role of a smarmy opportunist lawyer.  But the things that he has done lately have made me realize that I have underrated his talent. 

Some point to Magic Mike as his turning point, but I agree with you, that the McConnaissance (||) began with his role in the very good "Lincoln Lawyer." I began taking him seriously then and there and now he's probably my favorite actor.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »
I went back and rewatched it.

http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/can-we-talk-about-one-of-the-most-impressive-sequences-in-television-history-.php

Trip Report:
My balls melted straight off and my butthole fused shut from all of the clenching and what have you.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
I don't think there was an invisible edit, but I do think Chuck had an invisible post here.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 03:02:31 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 10, 2014, 12:47:28 PM
Quote from: CBStew on February 10, 2014, 12:41:01 PM

Some point to Magic Mike as his turning point, but I agree with you, that the McConnaissance (||) began with his role in the very good "Lincoln Lawyer." I began taking him seriously then and there and now he's probably my favorite actor.

I laughed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
Finally caught up and HOOOOOOOOOEEEEEYYYYYYYY this show is legit.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29:51 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 12, 2014, 10:30:52 AM

The only criticism I've heard of it are that it's extremely hostile toward women (no shit.) And that the secondary characters and plotlines are very typical of police procedural dramas that are all over tv. Well, I hardly ever watch shows like that (The Shield, The Wire and Justified that's it).

So I'm totally in.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2014, 11:52:41 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 12, 2014, 11:29:51 AM
Quote from: Slaky on February 12, 2014, 10:30:52 AM

The only criticism I've heard of it are that it's extremely hostile toward women (no shit.) And that the secondary characters and plotlines are very typical of police procedural dramas that are all over tv. Well, I hardly ever watch shows like that (The Shield, The Wire and Justified that's it).

So I'm totally in.

People wanna criticize. Whatever. Genuinely have no idea what's coming next and I think Cohle, while certainly unrealistic, is one of the best characters on TV in a long, long time.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »
I find myself losing the dialogue in the accents and the cadence. I often turn the captions on.  Pretty cool stuff so far.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 12, 2014, 02:26:03 PM
I find myself losing the dialogue in the accents and the cadence. I often turn the captions on.  Pretty cool stuff so far.

We always watch with captions because my wife isn't hip to some colloquialisms. I'm used to it and don't mind. It helps in shows with strong accents.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 12, 2014, 04:01:20 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 12, 2014, 02:26:03 PM

We always watch with captions because my wife isn't hip to some colloquialisms. I'm used to it and don't mind. It helps in shows with strong accents.

Hilarious. Thou non-speaketh the hilljack. The only one I have trouble with is Lange's husband. I had to rewind him a couple times but I got it all.

"He said, dair's jess sooo much good killen down'air."

"It jet lakawumman"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »
Impressed that they had the patience to wait until the end of ep 5 to start back towards the Tuttle/religion/government stuff.