News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Gone Girl  ( 3,268 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Gone Girl
« on: March 02, 2015, 01:40:08 PM »
Relatively standard.  Couple of glaring plot holes.  And Emily Ratajkowski nekkid.  Not a waste of time, but not special.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Gone Girl
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 02, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
Relatively standard.  Couple of glaring plot holes.  And Emily Ratajkowski nekkid IS FAT FAT FAT FAT.  Not a waste of time, but not special.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:39:37 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 02, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
Relatively standard.  Couple of glaring plot holes.  And Emily Ratajkowski nekkid IS FAT FAT FAT FAT.  Not a waste of time, but not special.

JenPex read the book and said it ends much differently. I'm glad to know that because the ending sucks elongated horse prong.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 02, 2015, 04:39:37 PM

JenPex read the book and said it ends much differently. I'm glad to know that because the ending sucks elongated horse prong.

From what I read after watching the movie, the ending is almost the same as the book.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 02, 2015, 04:45:47 PM

From what I read after watching the movie, the ending is almost the same as the book.

Having not read the book, I'm not sure but my girl is not illiterate and says that the husband's reasoning around his decisions in the end are more explicit.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 03, 2015, 05:59:17 PM

Having not read the book, I'm not sure but my girl is not illiterate and says that the husband's reasoning around his decisions in the end are more explicit.
I read the book, didn't see the movie.  Mrs. Cubbbieblue saw the movie, didn't read the book.  We compared notes.  We think the endings are the same.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 10:14:55 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 04, 2015, 09:15:23 AM

I read the book, didn't see the movie.  Mrs. Cubbbieblue saw the movie, didn't read the book.  We compared notes.  We think the endings are the same.

My wife has also read the book and seen the movie and considered the ending pretty faithful to it's source material.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 04, 2015, 10:14:55 AM
Relatively standard.  Couple of glaring plot holes.  And Emily Ratajkowski nekkid IS FAT FAT FAT FAT.  Not a waste of time, but not special.

I read the book, didn't see the movie.  Mrs. Cubbbieblue saw the movie, didn't read the book.  We compared notes.  We think the endings are the same.

My wife has also read the book and seen the movie and considered the ending pretty faithful to it's source material.

I have read and seen neither. I demand my voice be heard.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 04, 2015, 10:14:55 AM

Then fuck this book and this movie hard in the face with Paul's dolphin-loving hangdown.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
I thought it was a good movie.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 04, 2015, 10:54:26 AM

You thought, you thought, you thought, you thought.

In truth it probably is a good movie. I just hated the last third of it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 11:59:28 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 04, 2015, 11:26:47 AM

Did you hate it because it was bad or because you were mad at the character's actions. They are different things. I thought the ending was horrible in that I wanted both of those people dead, but I thought it was executed very well.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 04, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

Did you hate it because it was bad or because you were mad at the character's actions. They are different things. I thought the ending was horrible in that I wanted both of those people dead, but I thought it was executed very well.

Important distinction. I liked it and was angry at the characters.

I read Dark Places recently, which is another Gillian Flynn nove. That's coming out this year, so we can argue about that one, too.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 04, 2015, 12:17:12 PM

I read Dark Places recently, which is another Gillian Flynn nove. That's coming out this year, so we can argue about that one, too.

I had no issue with the filmmaking. I didn't like the decisions made by the characters and thought they were untrue to who we were lead to believe they were over the course of the story. We can blow this thing up and start posting spoilers if we want but I'm not all that interested. I just don't like when writers play those kinds of tricks. PLOT TWIST!!!! Bitch, twist these.

And perhaps I missed something. If you guys are saying it was the same as the ending in the book, I may be wrong in how interpreted the male lead's intentions. Fuck it... SPOILERS DON'T READ, DIPSHIT ...

Did he get back together with her so that he could come up with a plot to bust her for her crimes? Or did he really want to make it work with her in that house?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 04, 2015, 12:32:27 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 04, 2015, 12:17:12 PM

I had no issue with the filmmaking. I didn't like the decisions made by the characters and thought they were untrue to who we were lead to believe they were over the course of the story. We can blow this thing up and start posting spoilers if we want but I'm not all that interested. I just don't like when writers play those kinds of tricks. PLOT TWIST!!!! Bitch, twist these.

And perhaps I missed something. If you guys are saying it was the same as the ending in the book, I may be wrong in how interpreted the male lead's intentions. Fuck it... SPOILERS DON'T READ, DIPSHIT ...

Did he get back together with her so that he could come up with a plot to bust her for her crimes? Or did he really want to make it work with her in that house?

SPOILERS

The latter, but I think it's more that he feels like he has been trapped and outwitted and for the kid especially he sticks around. I don't think he has some desire to re-kindle the fire. And I do think part of him staying with her is motivated by him wanting to continue making her life hell through staying with her.

I mean here's the end of the wikipedia plot summary of the book:

Nick knows she is a killer, but he stays in the marriage because he has no proof of her crimes and deceits. Amy forces him to fake his love, hoping that he will eventually love her the way she wants to be loved. She begins writing her memoirs, while Nick writes his own memoir exposing Amy's lies. Aware of his intentions to expose her, Amy then impregnates herself with Nick's semen, and makes him delete his book by implicitly threatening to kill their unborn child. In the end, Nick chooses to stay with Amy, keeping the charade forever, for his child's sake.

All of that seems pretty much exactly what happens in the movie?