News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

Who should be dropped off in East St. Louis, doused in kerosene, and lit on fire?

Pedro Strop
Fernando Rodney
Clayton Richard
All three
All of us
The BFIBB and Mike Shannon

Author Topic: Who should be dropped off in East St. Louis, doused in kerosene and lit on fire?  ( 6,239 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
**Poll subject to change if something awesome happens in the top of the 9th.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The last option should have been implied in all the others. I object.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The top three choices should be dumped off in East St. Louis and lit on fire.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Maddon, for pulling Lester?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on September 09, 2015, 03:39:10 PM

I just don't understand why Joe plays the matchups with everyone else but refuses to acknowledge that the Cardinals own Pedro Strop.  He should definitely never have been allowed to face Garcia (the slapdick who homered off of Pedro a while back to blow a 2-1 lead in St. Louis the last time they were there) after he walked the corpse of that turd Reynolds on 5 pitches.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2015, 04:11:58 PM

I just don't understand why Joe plays the matchups with everyone else but refuses to acknowledge that the Cardinals own Pedro Strop.  He should definitely never have been allowed to face Garcia (the slapdick who homered off of Pedro a while back to blow a 2-1 lead in St. Louis the last time they were there) after he walked the corpse of that turd Reynolds on 5 pitches.
At this point, the Cubs are going to the Wild Card game more or less whatever happens, so maybe Joe just wanted to give Strop one more chance to get that dirty, smelly, inbred, retarded monkey off his back.  Now he knows for sure that, should the Cubs advance to the NLDS, Pedro needs to sit for three games while the rest of the Cubs fuck St. Louis up the arse roughly, from behind, with no kissing.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on September 09, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

At this point, the Cubs are going to the Wild Card game more or less whatever happens, so maybe Joe just wanted to give Strop one more chance to get that dirty, smelly, inbred, retarded monkey off his back.  Now he knows for sure that, should the Cubs advance to the NLDS, Pedro needs to sit for three games while the rest of the Cubs fuck St. Louis up the arse roughly, from behind, with no kissing.

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on September 09, 2015, 07:39:08 PM

Is failure to retire players wearing certain laundry a repeatable (lack of) skill?

It just seems counter-intuitive that the guy simply can't pitch against a particular team while being rather effective against all others.  I mean, I get it--off the top of my head, he's been lit up 5 separate times by the Cardinals.  It just doesn't seem to make sense, in spite of his utter consistent failure against Cardinal, to sit him down against just them.  Not that I want to seem them keep trying but...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on September 10, 2015, 08:00:01 AM

Is failure to retire players wearing certain laundry a repeatable (lack of) skill?

It just seems counter-intuitive that the guy simply can't pitch against a particular team while being rather effective against all others.  I mean, I get it--off the top of my head, he's been lit up 5 separate times by the Cardinals.  It just doesn't seem to make sense, in spite of his utter consistent failure against Cardinal, to sit him down against just them.  Not that I want to seem them keep trying but...

Who knows, maybe the Cardinals saw something in the Astros scouting report on Pedro.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2015, 08:04:05 AM

Who knows, maybe the Cardinals saw something in the Astros scouting report on Pedro.

In actuality, he may be tipping his pitches in a way that only the Cardinals know. Why wouldn't they share that info with other teams? Maybe they don't want him to find out and fix it.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on September 10, 2015, 08:57:58 AM

In actuality, he may be tipping his pitches in a way that only the Cardinals know. Why wouldn't they share that info with other teams? Maybe they don't want him to find out and fix it.

They are apparently renowned as the best sign stealers in the game, but that doesn't excuse walking Mark fucking Reynolds (for the second time this year) on pitches that aren't even close to the zone. That stupid old fat fucker would chase any slider he manages to get within the right zip code and Pedro still can't do it. It's mind boggling.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2015, 09:06:17 AM

I just don't understand why Joe plays the matchups with everyone else but refuses to acknowledge that the Cardinals own Pedro Strop.  He should definitely never have been allowed to face Garcia (the slapdick who homered off of Pedro a while back to blow a 2-1 lead in St. Louis the last time they were there) after he walked the corpse of that turd Reynolds on 5 pitches.
At this point, the Cubs are going to the Wild Card game more or less whatever happens, so maybe Joe just wanted to give Strop one more chance to get that dirty, smelly, inbred, retarded monkey off his back.  Now he knows for sure that, should the Cubs advance to the NLDS, Pedro needs to sit for three games while the rest of the Cubs fuck St. Louis up the arse roughly, from behind, with no kissing.

It just seems counter-intuitive that the guy simply can't pitch against a particular team while being rather effective against all others.  I mean, I get it--off the top of my head, he's been lit up 5 separate times by the Cardinals.  It just doesn't seem to make sense, in spite of his utter consistent failure against Cardinal, to sit him down against just them.  Not that I want to seem them keep trying but...

They are apparently renowned as the best sign stealers in the game, but that doesn't excuse walking Mark fucking Reynolds (for the second time this year) on pitches that aren't even close to the zone. That stupid old fat fucker would chase any slider he manages to get within the right zip code and Pedro still can't do it. It's mind boggling.

That's a good point and definitely the single most aggravating thing about yesterday.  2 run lead and that human whiff machine is up there and you walk him?  For the love of Ryan Dempster, don't make me wish for a Strop FIREBARN, Pedro.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Maybe The Cardinals are just a good hitting team and his struggles against them can be chalked up to that with a combination of randomness/small sample size?  I know it's weird and he's pretty much an All-Star against everyone else but still...

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on September 10, 2015, 11:09:48 AM

Maybe The Cardinals are just a good hitting team and his struggles against them can be chalked up to that with a combination of randomness/small sample size?  I know it's weird and he's pretty much an All-Star against everyone else but still...

Except they really aren't that good of a hitting team, especially not lately, and the ones he was facing (Reynolds and Garcia) are definitely not good. Even if it's completely random or a small sample size, I'm perfectly fine with not giving him enough opportunities against the Cardinals to allow that sample size to grow to the point where we can say, definitively, "yup, he just can't get Cardinals out".

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2015, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: Oleg on September 10, 2015, 11:09:48 AM

Except they really aren't that good of a hitting team, especially not lately, and the ones he was facing (Reynolds and Garcia) are definitely not good. Even if it's completely random or a small sample size, I'm perfectly fine with not giving him enough opportunities against the Cardinals to allow that sample size to grow to the point where we can say, definitively, "yup, he just can't get Cardinals out".

I wouldn't bench him for 7-game series against them. Let him pitch low-leverage against them at Wrigley this month and see how that goes. This may be a confidence issue. He's not trusting his stuff against them because they've hit some good pitches and what not. I recall the Peralta MOOB shot a few months back. That was random as dick.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.